Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion: Reagent gardens on player properties

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2008
I was thinking, with the player housing being solidly implemented, and with so many people complaining about not being able to collect reagents as efficiently as they would like. How about a system for planting and harvesting reagents, and farm if you will.

Player housing, with the exception of the dorms, provide a lot of front-lawn green space that would make an excellent place for player gardens. Even if they didn't provide useful items, player gardens would make a lovely addition.

What do you guys think?

Defender
May 06, 2009
Brilliant! It shouldn't be cheap, but then high level people are going to be rolling in gold, right?

The question is, would you buy a particular type of spawn (iron or cat tails or..), or just one that aligns with the world of the home in question (parchment in a Krok home, iron in a MB one, etc)? Would they only be able to be placed in certain spots?

And, would you make this so ONLY the owner of the home could use it, or would it be useable by anyone who ported in?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Even though I am not saying much in this message, I totally agree with this idea. :D

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I love the idea I truly believe that one thing this game needs is more interaction between the player and the environment (emersion). As right now there is very little emersion in the game as far as things that you can do outside of combat. Anything that adds to the experiance is worth it. As to the using the garden if you are going for emersion then it should be open to any who are invited just like a real garden.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Excellent idea.

It gives housing a practical angle and some colour. Reagent output would have to be strictly throttled, though (pretty long spawn times, perhaps "growing" only when logged in or times out after last logout, etc.) to keep the bazaar from getting flooded with reagents before long and creating an infinite money supply for homeowners.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
I love the idea! Maybe like 10 pieces for like 1 hour or something like that or you buy some stuff to grow it, the rarer the reagent the more it and its fertilizer and stuff costs. This isn't a bad idea I will definately support it.