Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

They put the treasure cards back

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
They put the treasure cards back but not all of them at least be can go buy some at the library thats an improvement :) :)

Ethan RedHorn Level 17 pryromancer

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Improvement YES....reasonable?? NO.... I mean, to have to pay 1600 for a Pixie??? How ridiculous is that? I am not a Life student so I can not make the treasure cards by crafting so I'm stuck either having to pay the OUTRAGEOUS prices....or BEG from Life student friends.....UGH.....I am very glad they put the heal card back in the Library but to charge soooo much is just down right ridiculous. I'm in DS now and it's almost impossible to fight without using heal cards and the four I get from the Pixies from the beginning of the game and the ONE Dryad card I get with my hat is just not enough....

from your disgruntled student,

Hunter SilverHeart
Grandmaster Pyromancer/Diviner

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I'd also like to see the costs go down a bit on some of the Treasure cards, but I do appreciate they are again readily available.

Thank you KI for listening to your customers' concerns. It's customer service far beyond what I have recently seen on another game I used to play regularly.

Now, if I could just mention again that the costs could be dropped some?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
well yeah but at least they put some back it is INSANE!!! but we just have to deal with it making gold is not easy but its not hard :?

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Man i hate to say this, and dont take it wrong guys but,
I too am in DS, and you are absolutely right you cant make it with out healing. and on top of that i am fire school (main) and that makes it even harder (because seems to me most of the adversaries are fire).
I am glad to hear the cards are back in the library, sadden me they cost so much. I quit going when they "disappeared".
What i did do, and this was very painful, was to reclaim my training points (OUCH) and retrain my secondary and tertiary schools, i went storm then life, probably should have reversed that but i really wanted stormzilla.
My point is, since i am usually going at this alone, i chose life for the healing I can get. I loved the Dryad also, but if you can the next step up gives you Regenerate (not to mention more hp/mp) and its almost as good as the Dryad (5 pips to get +52/+1100+ over 3 rounds).
I think i might have gotten side tracked a bit but i think i got out what i was trying to.

Blaze Earthwalker
level 47 Pyromancer
Dragonspyre (on a short hiatus in Grizzleheim)

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
I haven't made it to DS yet, but I hear it is really difficult. I'll have the opposite problem, I think.

I'm a Life, so I have the healing, but without the blade and trap cards, I don't have the bigger hit points that some other schools have. For me, that means long, drawn out battles and I go through quite a few cards. At current costs, that is going to be expensive...maybe more expensive than I want to deal with...or it makes for very slow going. While I appreciate that KI wants the fun of the different worlds to last and give players a chance to earn exp points and gold, some of the quests/worlds just seem tedious by the time you get through them.

I don't mind spending real money to help support this game, because I do enjoy it and I can afford it, but only up to a point. Yes, I am aware the game likes to "push" the concept of players teaming up, but I don't want to ( and sometimes just can't) play on other players schedules.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
You know, you don't need to buy treasure cards. I realised they are a waste of money. I spend my money now at the Bazaar. If you need healing cards try life as a secondary school or use your remaining training points on life as you get more advanced on a third school. So if your attack type get some life spells, if your a defence type already life or death you do not need to worry.

Yeah I think the Bazaar was a good addition, now my characters look more fashionable for a cheap price. I'm glad I managed to get a sword on my pyromancer and a cool fire Salamander. I got sick of carrying my fire bird around, but I'll still keep it in my collection. I also got on my death character a krokomummy. I'm so happy :D Oh and I got a helmet for my life character that you would seem to only get when your in Dragonspyre, but it did not have a level 45 plus on it. So I assume it is for all levels.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Sykemist what MaryAnne said much better than I is correct spend training points on a battle school, Be advised that Fire and Storm have the highest fizzle rates though.
Also as to "decking" running out of cards I too have had that problem the solution to that is Reshuffle.
you card get it as a TC or on Colossus ave. the hidden trainer has is but I dont know for what school. Check there maybe its for life school. Reshuffle lets you put your discard pile back into your deck. In my opinion one of the top ten must have spells to be had for all!

OH and FYI a secondary school: to learn ALL the spells available for that school cost 10 (might be 8 this is off the top of mt head without looking 1st) training points. I did this before. I retrained, using a total of 13 TP and got all the Storm and am now after 15 TP up to the Seraph on Life. Something to think about.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
You Kow you dont have to buy treasure cards at the library or the bazaar you can just go buy some tough cards (15g) and in battle use them on a card and that cards is now a treasure card i do that all the time but now i stopped so i can save gold for castles