Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

scrap iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I am a little annoyed at you KI you said that under the update you were gonna make it easier to find scrap iron. I was on right after the update and found that it was even harder now to find scrap iron. I mean at least when i played late in the evening it was somewhat easier to find reagents. I spent over a hour running around regents square to find scrap and i could not even find one thing of scrap iron. I have to spend a hour or more going through instances just to get almost enough to create one item, let alone get enough to create two items so i can wait 8+hours to create more this is crazy when you have so many people playing can you at least make it so that normal creatures you fight give reagents. I know this is something to do as a side quest but i have already beat the game and now i am just having fun trying to craft items but i am quickly becoming frustrated. I mean can you guys do more for us people who want to craft it is not asking much i mean come on!

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Here's a tip for you and anyone else that needs scrap iron.

Look in the very back areas of Newgate Prison, where the O'Leary Brutes are. It took me about 10 minutes to find 40 pieces of scrap iron. Look around near the boss encounters, switch realms and be persistent.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I found only 2 places in that area that have the Scrap Iron and there spawns are more than 10 minutes apart!
I guess if I camped it and switch realms constantly I might get the 80 I need after a giant game of camp and switch server and most likely an hour of no fun.

Rather that rely on gimmics and tricks how about the Dev team make the game fun and has a few more scrap iron spawn and lowers the requirments of that crafting quest so that people can do it and enjoy the quest.

thanks

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I dont think it is playing the game as intended to camp a spot and to switch realms over and over to get an item.
I think this kind of activity should be discourages and the dev team should put a decent ammount of any resource in the game so players can get them at a reasonable rate.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I think the Scrap Iron isn't a big deal for players who have just gotten to Marleybone. For me, I was almost done with Marleybone when crafting was released, so I only got about 12 pieces of Scrap Iron (through normal play--no switching realms or doing any real searching).

The quest seems to be intended to take the entire time spent in Marleybone, not something that you can do in 30 minutes. This is similar to Zeke's quests and finding the books. Really, people who have just gotten to Marleybone wouldn't have a problem with collecting Scrap Metal if it weren't for everyone else trying to get it at the same time.

Honestly, I think in a few weeks time there will be plenty of Scrap Iron in the Bazaar and lying around. It's not hard to find Mist Wood anymore, right? I do, however, think it would be nice if Scrap Iron spawned somewhere other than Marleybone to even things out a little, so long as it fits into the theme of the place it spawns.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Arvis wrote:

Look in the very back areas of Newgate Prison, where the O'Leary Brutes are. It took me about 10 minutes to find 40 pieces of scrap iron. Look around near the boss encounters, switch realms and be persistent.
:D Thanks that can really help!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
ok i spent three day looking and found 3 scrap metal spawns. Can someone check this out I am already not loving this feature now I NEED THIS TO MOVE ON and its just me looking for something that does not show up enough. At this point there are HUNDREDS of people looking for the SAME spawns and running around Marley hoping to beat the others to it.

And they may be sold at the bazaar but they are BOTH expensive and rare there.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Think the iron is fun wait till you have to gather 75 diamonds. Or shall we say blood diamonds, as your fingers bleed picking up 300 ore (that is if you can find any) to get maybe a half dozen diamonds. I get the raritys and making tasks last longer whatever the thought is behind all this but being everyone is looking for the same things same realms can you atleast limit the spawn time to 5 minutes instead of 20. Also what is with the 12 hours between crafting? now along with spending 4 days finding supplies and 2-12 thousand gold in ingrediants we need to wait half a week ro craft them too?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008

yeah the scrap iron is easy to do if you are a new wizard in MB, but if you finished the game and are back tracking to finish up the crafting for mb it is not easy to find the scrape iron, with two million players all looking for the same thing it is a fun time to be looking for the 48 pieces you need for the two items you need to craft to move on to the next crafting level.
Arthur Iceweaver
50th lv Ice wizard

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Well, it is the end of August, and the situation hasn't changed. There is no scrape iron in the bazaar, and it still takes forever to find any scrape iron if you have already finished Marleybone.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Arvis wrote:

I went through all of newgate prison and got one piece of scrap iron.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Ariecho wrote:
Well, it is the end of August, and the situation hasn't changed. There is no scrape iron in the bazaar, and it still takes forever to find any scrape iron if you have already finished Marleybone.

I ran through the two spawn sites in Regent square last Sunday just after the games on TV ended and loaded up with enough to do half the quests. I also went to the Bazzar after I finished, and there was scrap iron (yeah, only 3 pieces, but it was there). It is just like the commons, if you want to do something there, don't go when it is crowded...if you want to be a crafter, don't be a lemming and log on with the masses....that only leads to a fall off a cliff.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I just don't understand how is it easier to transmutate normal reagents into rare ones if you have to be initiate to craft scrap iron when you no longer need it for quest?

Just my opinion of why add it like that I wasted gold buying a table and buying the bronze gear transmutation recipe. But who knows I might need it anyway later on.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Talon Nightwalker, lvl 36 magus necromancer

I know a couple places where you can get scrap iron just try to find me and i will show you the scrap iron locations. Just look for a boy character that wears all black and white.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
I know it can be a pain to find scrap metal if that is all you are trying to accomplish. I especially feel for those who are "back-tracking" trying to work on their crafting. But honestly I found more scrap metal then I can shake a stick at just playing the game and picking it up as I go along. Just make sure you check behind crates, water towers, everywhere.

With as many times as we have to run around MB, especially going over and over to the same places, the regents, while not necessarily plentiful, are definitely there. There is actually a pretty decent post over on Wizard101 Central with pictures of spawn points of regents.

And to answer the question of why we cannot transmute scrap iron until we are already finished with the quests that is quite simple. The whole key to the quests are to allow you to "accomplish" something through actual work and diligence. Too often we want everything handed to us (I am the same way, even though I am an "old fart"). This gives us a chance to feel good about the effort we put into the task. That way when you are rocking that Grandmaster Crafter tag (or is it Master, I can't remember) you can wear it with pride.

And for you higher level wizzies, running around these lowbie areas may not be your idea of a good time, especially if you have already finished all the quests the first time through. But there are things even you can do while looking for those regents. Perhaps you have side quests that you neglected, or lay the smack down on some extra baddies for badges. Of even help out if you see someone in need of help or guidance.

Remember, this game is supposed to be both fun and challenging. And I honestly feel it is a good mix of both. Just my opinion.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
gillligan45 wrote:
I am a little annoyed at you KI you said that under the update you were gonna make it easier to find scrap iron. I was on right after the update and found that it was even harder now to find scrap iron. I mean at least when i played late in the evening it was somewhat easier to find reagents. I spent over a hour running around regents square to find scrap and i could not even find one thing of scrap iron. I have to spend a hour or more going through instances just to get almost enough to create one item, let alone get enough to create two items so i can wait 8+hours to create more this is crazy when you have so many people playing can you at least make it so that normal creatures you fight give reagents. I know this is something to do as a side quest but i have already beat the game and now i am just having fun trying to craft items but i am quickly becoming frustrated. I mean can you guys do more for us people who want to craft it is not asking much i mean come on!
I find some luck finding scrap iron in big ben. and i think they made scrap iron way to hard to find.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
dmonnslde wrote:

yeah the scrap iron is easy to do if you are a new wizard in MB, but if you finished the game and are back tracking to finish up the crafting for mb it is not easy to find the scrape iron, with two million players all looking for the same thing it is a fun time to be looking for the 48 pieces you need for the two items you need to craft to move on to the next crafting level.
Arthur Iceweaver
50th lv Ice wizard
dungan titanblood i started mb and finished it plus side quest in third days lol so i am in moo shu going back for scrap iron i made third items but sold them lol i have to start all over and ki is doing its best lol it is hard to design a game so chill move on and start mo shu lol i am a level 38 life

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
this happens every time i go crafting.
at first im having luck, then poof. moost of scrap iron locations i know are gone.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
If it helps, I found this system that worked pretty well for me.

I would start in Chelsea Court where the main transporter is--where you can go to three different places (blue, green, yellow). I would circle the tower near there and made sure to check the small area with two people in it that is just to the left of the tower (I found a lot of scrap iron there).

Then I would go to the three different transporter places.
****Blue: I found the most here. Check directly to the right behind the boxes and behind the two huge metal things on the other side. I almost always found at least one here.
Green and Yellow: The only time I found scrap iron here was when I looked directly to the right, behind the boxes that are found in both zones.

Then go back to the main transporter, switch zones, and repeat. It's tedious but I found 40 pieces in about a half hour.

Hope this helps. :D

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
you might want to got to all of the main reagent sellers of each world. They sell receipes for crafting the reagents. That way you do not have to go running all over the place wasting time.

Please check the dealers out.

David Bear

Grand Ice Wizard,

Survivor
May 12, 2010
gillligan45 wrote:

Look around Marleybone, Chelsea Court at Icepick Warehouse. There are three spawning points there. I found about 10 in one minute by switching realms.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Really? in realm Wu the most perfect realm i was just going around trying to find the cat in knights court found 3 or 4 maybe 5 scrap irons easy really all you have to do is go to the most perfect realm and walk around then you find them easily

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
scarp iron is easy to get if you use my idea :D i got 30 scrap iron in under 10 mins woot woot wanna know how? too bad lol

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
gillligan45 wrote:
just go to counterweight east or w.e its called and walk in and out of the instance scarp iron spawns like 9/10 times

Survivor
Feb 24, 2010
Be sure to check Celsea Court teleporters. I have had the most luck with the green one, and some luck with the blue one.
Green spawn locations: On the sidewalk in front of Mr. Incineratior's lair. Behind the bones and barrels. Behind the crates.
Blue spawn locations: Two are behind the large metal things. Very rarely, you can find one by the crates too.
If you're EXTREMELY LUCKY you can find a spawn on all four sides of Celsea Tower, but they are obvious and almost always taken. THere is another one by the yellow teleporter in the corner. Take any spawns that you see, then change realms and repeat until you have enough scrap iron.

I hope that this helps you frusterated wizards!