Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for next update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Just a couple of suggestions for the next update. First, can we maybe level the playing field a bit when it comes to battles between the same schools. I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and I still get beat up by fire magic opponents. I cast Heliphant and it does little damage, but they cast any fire spell and it does normal damage. This needs to be tweaked a little bit.
Second, why does it seem that after the latest update every opponent in the game suddenly has the spell weakness and is programmed to cast it over and over. I've been in long battles where i've had three or four weakness spells on me at once. Can't we back that down a bit.

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
good idea about the monsters of the same class hitting less on you as you do on it.

Especially a big boss of the same class. If you cannot pull a prism, you will get beat pretty easily.

Once, I forgot to put prisms in my deck. I fought an ice boss until I had NO cards left. He hit normal the whole time so i had to use all of my healers.

Finally a friend got online and finished him off in one hit.

Defender
May 15, 2009
deeg wrote:
I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and I still get beat up by fire magic opponents. I cast Heliphant and it does little damage,

This is what prisms are for, which, consequently, will boost your former fire damage by the same amount it would have been mitigated. Use the right tool for the job!

deeg wrote:
but they cast any fire spell and it does normal damage.

Your baseline equipment has high resist to your own school's damage type.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
Obviously RoloX2 you have never been in a battle with say 2 rank 9 fire spell monsters and you are a fire school wizard. Four prisms for a battle that will last around 10-15 rounds doesn't really help. Oh and most of those monsters are programmed to use whatever shield is necessary so that makes prisms even more worthless. As far as gear goes, yes some gear does have shields built in but usually at a cost to hit points. I can throw on a bunch of fire shield gear and watch my hit points go from 2500 to 1000, now how does that help? Before you answer these posts make sure you have a valid point.