Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sell Items at the Shops or the Bazaar?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
As some people have already seen, the sell amount price at the shops is different from the sell amount at the Bazaar. What I end up doing is going back and fourth between the Shops and the Bazaar to see which place I get the most for each item and as you can tell, it takes a LONG time.

What I reccommend is that a little window is put next to each item that so players can see where they get the most from one of the the shops or the Bazaar to sell their items at or have the two sell prices be listed when going to sell the items in one of the shops or the Bazaar.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
dstdg wrote:
As some people have already seen, the sell amount price at the shops is different from the sell amount at the Bazaar. What I end up doing is going back and fourth between the Shops and the Bazaar to see which place I get the most for each item and as you can tell, it takes a LONG time.

What I reccommend is that a little window is put next to each item that so players can see where they get the most from one of the the shops or the Bazaar to sell their items at or have the two sell prices be listed when going to sell the items in one of the shops or the Bazaar.

bazaar gives you more money.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
I have been comparing prices and the Bazaar does NOT always give you more money. In fact, RARELY does the Bazaar give you a better price.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:

bazaar gives you more money.

Not always. I have found several times that the shop pays more than the Bazaar. All depends on how much of that item is at the Bazaar. Even if it has none of the item you're selling, the shops may still pay more.

Best way I found to do it is to garb a pen and paper and go to the shops first and write their buying price down then go to Bazaar. Sell all items the Bazaar is offering more for then return to the shops with what you have left and sell them. It's still a time consuming process, but there is less travel.

Administrator
The Bazaar -should- always give you a better deal, and we are looking back into the mathematics to find out why that is not always the case.

Thanks all for the reports you, our players, have sent us on the item price disparities.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Dec 11, 2008
A few days ago, the Bazaar offered me -1 gold for each pair of boots that I tried to sell.. yeah, they wanted me to pay them one piece of gold to give them my boots. I went on to try and sell some other things and it told me I had too much money. (I had around 86,000 - far from thr 99,999 limit).

I closed out and tried again and it worked fine, but later that same day it wouldn't allow me to buy anything. Nothing would happen when I clicked the buy button.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
Its not hard to figure out why. Any common drop already has 100 or near 100 items in the bazaar. And the really rare suff is unauctionable anyway. In the overstock condition the bazaar will ALWAYS pay you less than at the shops. Even common DS drops are overstocked at 100. I don't even bother anymore unless I think it is really rare and I am usually dissappointed. I think out of the last 100 items I have tried to sell the bazaar, it payed better on one or two of them. But then I tend to keep the rarer stuff.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
The bazaar seems to give the same price for like items regardless of color while the shops will give different prices for different colors of the same item. Might this be the reason for better prices at the shops for some items,along with the scarcity of some items. I prefer for things to be left as is. If you want the best price shop around. If things change to make the bazaar always have better prices will the option to sell at the shops be removed? Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I'll pay you the value in gold for your items based on supply and demand. If I already have lots of the item you are selling me then I will pay you less gold for yours. If I'm low or out of stock on the item you are selling, I will pay you more gold! No matter what, I will always offer a better price than other shopkeepers.

Thats a qoute from the bazaar guy. But he's bugged. Out of 24 items he only gave me a better price on 2 of them. Alot he cut off as much as 50% of what a shop gives ya.

My advise write down what the shop keeper will give ya then check the bazaar your really loosing money if ya dont. I new that guy looked shady when i first saw him.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I have noticed the same trend. My guess would be that someone goofed in the minimum calculation for the Bazaar. It should not be too difficult for the Bazaar to know what the standard prices for items are, since all the other vendors know them.

One thing I am curious about is why the Bazaar should pay more than any other vendor. If this worked correctly, there would be no reason for anyone to sell anything to another vendor. So, what would be the point of leaving that option in?

My solution to that would be to have vendors of a specific type of item pay more than the Bazaar or vendors of other items. i.e. The robe vendor might pay 25 for a specific non-rare Robe, while other vendors only pay 15 and the Bazaar pays 20. If the Robe were rare, then the Bazaar would pay more.

This would actually work out pretty good. For a bit of effort, you could get more money for your non-rare items by bouncing around the stores. If you don't feel it is worth it, you could just sell to the Bazaar. Another advantage would be that the Bazaar would be less full of common stuff. So, people could more easily find the rare items they are looking for.

I realize this would be a complete revamping of the current logic, but it might be worth considering.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Riddari wrote:
I have noticed the same trend. My guess would be that someone goofed in the minimum calculation for the Bazaar. It should not be too difficult for the Bazaar to know what the standard prices for items are, since all the other vendors know them.

One thing I am curious about is why the Bazaar should pay more than any other vendor. If this worked correctly, there would be no reason for anyone to sell anything to another vendor. So, what would be the point of leaving that option in?

My solution to that would be to have vendors of a specific type of item pay more than the Bazaar or vendors of other items. i.e. The robe vendor might pay 25 for a specific non-rare Robe, while other vendors only pay 15 and the Bazaar pays 20. If the Robe were rare, then the Bazaar would pay more.

This would actually work out pretty good. For a bit of effort, you could get more money for your non-rare items by bouncing around the stores. If you don't feel it is worth it, you could just sell to the Bazaar. Another advantage would be that the Bazaar would be less full of common stuff. So, people could more easily find the rare items they are looking for.

I realize this would be a complete revamping of the current logic, but it might be worth considering.

Great idea. I am sure there are many that would despise this concept, simply because it would mean a little extra effort, but what you are proposing makes total sense, and also allows the shopping district to actually have a reason for going there.

If the Bazaar always gave the best prices for everything, then the whole of the shopping area would become deserted and absolutely useless...which would then take out some of the immerse qualities of the game, since I do not want everything handed to me easily.

Some will wish to shop around and get a better deal, while others who are lazy will just decide to sell where ever, so with this concept, you can leave that to the individual, while still having the shopping district serve a purpose.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
kith6227 wrote:
The bazaar seems to give the same price for like items regardless of color while the shops will give different prices for different colors of the same item. Might this be the reason for better prices at the shops for some items,along with the scarcity of some items. I prefer for things to be left as is. If you want the best price shop around. If things change to make the bazaar always have better prices will the option to sell at the shops be removed? Thanks, Kieran Dragonflame
I was wrong. The main problem with the way things are now is that some items are not making it to the bazaar. If I can get a better price at a shop I will do so, but someone wanting that item will never see it at the bazaar. I love the bazaar, so I hope things change soon. Thanks, Kieran