Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Life- you can heal others and yourself

Death- you can heal yourself, do drain damage, have something with higher accuracy.

Balance- Elemental traps, blades, and shields will stack with storm traps and blades.

Ice- Tower shield. A very nice spell.

Myth- you don't get much here except earthquake. The rest of the cards you can get are mid-damage cards with about 80% accuracy.

Fire- You get some high damage cards (nothing higher than storm though), and with a bit better accuracy than you get with storm. Not a good pick.

You know, I think I put the schools in order of best to worst for you. Life, Death, or Balance are good picks. If you want to experiment, you could get Ice up to Tower Shield, Death up to Feint, and you might be able to get to Satyr on life. That would be a very experimental build though. If you have points left over, you could get what you can of Balance's elemental traps and blades. I'd have to do the math though, cause I don't know if you would have enough training points.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Don't bother with Balance. You don't get any shields with it as a secondary and you can get the blades and traps without having to train any of the lower level spells. Just get to 20 and higher and you can train them seperately at the tree next to the Krokosphinx.

Life isn't that great since you only get two heals out of it, sprite which is a weak heal over time and Satyr which is a 4 point heal with almost no better efficiency than two, two point fairy heals. Yes, you can heal others, but if that's what you want to do, you'd be much better off going with Life as your primary and then storm as secondary. That way you also get group heals.

What you might want to consider is taking a secondary school that helps you fill in the weakness of Storm, which is area effect spells, like Meteor from fire or Blizzard from Ice or the Frog thing from Myth.

Whether you solo or group, area attack spells make a huge difference.

I'm balance / fire and I find myself using Meteor most of the time, because it saves me a lot of combat time and greatly reduces my chance of being defeated.

Defender
May 15, 2009
You don't choose a secondary school; you train in whatever skills from any school.

For my Storm, I grabbed shields to cover against all schools' damage types and Life skills up to Satyr. I have surplus points atm, not sure where I'll go with them yet. (When I see a need when I play, I will train for the skill(s) that will meet that need...don't train on skills just because you have the points).

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
Life is best I think. I am a Diviner and I have life as a secondary school. Storm I use for attacking and life I only use for healing not attacking. Why have a secondary school to attack when storm is the highest attacking points? And you already have storm prisms for if you are battling a storm monster. Just use life for healing. :D

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
life and death are both good second picks, but then you need to have ice. As a grandmaster storm it makes a lot of difference when you can cut an attacks damage in half with tower shield. With death you get feint and that is also useful, with it i can do about a max of 15,000 damage with all my other traps, well enough to kill any boss in one hit. But this is better when you are in a group. If you plan on soloing the game i recommend life as a second school.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Ice up to Tower Shield.
Life up to Satyr.
Get the elemental blades and traps from Niles (balance tree in KT).

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
I have a storm, I did life up to Satyr, Death up to feint, and Elemental Blades and Traps.

I would probably recommend Death up to Feint definitely, as well as the elemental blades and traps, they're very useful.

As for Satyr, I could live without it, I don't use it as often as I thought I would with my low health.

I would recommend going with Ice up to Tower Shield, and then spend the remaining points however you wish.

Hope that helps!

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
i have a great tip, dont even have a second school, I am a lvl 48 and i ditched my storm second school, for my lvl 26 life wiz i ditched balance. It helps a ton! You dont have to worry about cramming both into your deck, it allows you to put more cards into your deck, though i advise to get atleast the elemental traps and blades. It helps a TON!! Try a few lvls without a second school, it helps I:

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Well.

My Storm Grandmaster's second school was Death. And I loved it, it filled in the Weak Accuracy of Storm, and it helped Drain health a lot. So i was basically un-stoppable!!!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
thegenius96 wrote:
I just made this Storm wizard. Can someone help me choose a secondary school for him?

Hello. I have a storm character and I'm currently a Master Diniver.

MY SUGGESTIONS

The Best to Worste
1. Myth- Be Myth!!! If you ever run into a Storm boss, use your secondary school!! myth, then you got your weaknesses covered I wouldn't say it covers a weakness! But you wouldn't have to put in any Storm Prisms in your deck!
2. Fire- Why not?!!?? Come on? I haven't heard one person say fire!! Think while your rasing up pips your going to have damage being done over time. That way if your fighting a 7500 or a 6000 boss you can do about 230 in 3 rounds while you can use it again and you can use triton. On top of sheilds that you put on the boss.
3. Life- I know, I know it shouldn't be here at number 5! But, life drains your pips, you need your pips since you have low health so you can use Stormazilla, Triton, or Tempest and kill your enimies faster.
4. Death- I've got no problem with putting Death here! second school was Death. . .And I loved it, it filled in the Weak Accuracy of Storm Ha! Ha! Why would you use a death spell over a storm spell. Storm is way more powerfull. Please If you don't belive me check for your self!
5.Balance- to love balance you have to start out as balance. I had balance but I went to Professor Lincon, in Golem Court to get me all of the Training Points.
6. Ice- Ice is probally the worste secondary school unless you are fire. It is good to be Ice, but not for your secondary school. Because you get alot of health, your attack spells are weak. But I'm not saying Ice is horrible, it's just not a good secondary school.

So basicly Myth would be the best for you.

BE MYTH

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
My Grandmaster has this build.
Life - sprite
Ice - tower shield
Death - feint
Niles - elemental blade and trap

Ellie Sky Grandmaster Life
Ellie Sky Grandmaster Storm

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
My Storm Wizard had Death. I absolutely loved it!!!
~ But you need something wit traps!
-Balance.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Vrazule wrote:
Life isn't that great since you only get two heals out of it, sprite which is a weak heal over time and Satyr which is a 4 point heal with almost no better efficiency than two, two point fairy heals. Yes, you can heal others, but if that's what you want to do, you'd be much better off going with Life as your primary and then storm as secondary. That way you also get group heals.

What you might want to consider is taking a secondary school that helps you fill in the weakness of Storm, which is area effect spells, like Meteor from fire or Blizzard from Ice or the Frog thing from Myth.

Whether you solo or group, area attack spells make a huge difference.

I'm balance / fire and I find myself using Meteor most of the time, because it saves me a lot of combat time and greatly reduces my chance of being defeated.

Wow, bad advice and from one who doesn't even have a storm wizard, it seems!

I have two storm wizards. One is a Grandmaster, the other is a Master, level 42.

It seems this person has completely overlooked Storm having Tempest! That is your first major AoE(Area of Effect) spell. You get that spell at level 28, and it's a way better spell than anything like Meteor or any of the other lower level AoE. This thing easily can do over 1000 damage as it works off the amount of pips you build up. Then use even one blade and Windstorm and it's really boosted. Add more boosts like another blade, your bubble(Darkwind) and more different traps and you are a monster in combat that the enemies are not going to want to mess with :D

Then at level 48 you get Storm Lord...this is your BIG AoE and this guy is awesome with a base attack of 695 per enemy, then add on blades, bubble, and traps and he easily kills his enemies. Much better than any other AoE of that level, and easier to set up than any too, meaning you don't have to set up as much or take as long to strike as other schools.

And the next thing here, don't listen to the above person, take Life up to Saytr. Sorry, but who wants to spend two rounds healing while still getting pounded? You will be thankful at higher levels that you have Saytr as you will be getting pips like mad while you set up for the big kill, so spending 4 pips won't be such a big deal. Plus it DOES give slightly higher heal that 2 pixies would at 400 per heal. And if you are really smart you will buy yourself a Troll Ear Pendant, which contains two Guiding Light spell cards, using these on yourself before you use Satyr will make Satyr heal you for over 1100 health! I usually cast Guiding Light at the beginning of battle so it's there when I need it.

I soloed most all of the game with my Grandmaster Storm wizard, so I am speaking from that experience. And I have been soloing with my Master, I enjoyed Storm so much I had to do it twice...lol. When you get up to higher levels you will really want that high heal from Satyr because calling on that minion to take the hits off yourself from your enemies will be a real waste past Mooshu, or the Tower Archives in Dragonspyre. He is gong to get killed off too quickly with the huge attacks there and his lack of Spirit Shields, and his spirit armor won't last more than one or two attacks there, so don't even waste your time or pips calling on him at that level. He will help you through everything up to the end of Mooshu(though it helps keep him alive and keeping the hits off you if you throw him an extra shield once in a while...like a Death shield or Life, something he doesn't have himself,) so use him then, but once you are really into Dragonspyre you can't depend on him and are going to have to learn to shield and heal yourself more. And when you take the time to heal you want a good heal, not a mediocre, low level heal.

Anyone who says they don't use Saytr much probably is working with at least one other wizard most of the time, so they are not getting hit as much as if they solo, so yeah...if you are ALWAYS going to be with someone, then maybe you won't need it. Especially if you are one of these coward Storm wizards who likes to hide behind 2-3 other wizards in the circle, then you will probably rarely get touched.

As for a third school; I took Death up to Feint. It just makes your attacks even more awesome, which makes it even more fun when you attack and see those huge numbers on your kills. If you don't care about that then I advise taking Ice to Tower Shield, though with your already low health you might regret not having a a 70-80% shield and having that 50% shield. But the good thing about Tower Shield is it works for everything and you never have to switch shields for a fight. BUT the bad thing about tower shield is ALSO because it breaks for everything...lol. If your enemy uses a DoT(damage over time spell) on you, like Fire Elf, then you won't be able to shield again with it having much use until the DoT is done. At least with other shields you can put up something so that even if you have a spell like Fire Elf working on you, you can still shield against death or something else that might get thrown at you.