Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The one card which unbalances PvP

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 15, 2009
skbronco6 wrote:
If people want to learn death spells with their training points and get feint that is fine, but like I said in my other post, we should ban treasure cards from ranked PvP matches.

I agree 100%

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
No one seems to have mentioned the use of summon minion cards in pvp. How is it at all fair to go into a duel thinking it's going to be pretty even considering you can choose how many ppl you want to go into battle with/against and then all of a sudden your opposing team has 4 players instead of 3, or 4 instead of 2! Whenever I see these used in pvp I almost just want to sign out because of the extreme lack of respect from whoever just used that card. It actually keeps me away from the arena. I could do the same, build up my pips to 14 and summon up a really strong scarecrow minion to help my side out but that wouldn't be an honorable way to win. And then they think they're SO AMAZING when they beat you, yeah you had 2 extra players! All I have to say is WOW. I'm not mad at all that they beat us, I'm not a sore loser, but the way they win makes me feel like we never had a chance at all. Summoning minions is great for those really hard bosses who have like 2 or 3 other guys with them but it should be banned from pvp! If you can summon minions, have some respect in the arena and don't use it!
Like I said this topic usually keeps me away from pvp so IDK about the feint card thing really. It's ok in normal battle but I don't think mine works right, I thought it's supposed to just put +30% on you (that's how it reads anyway) but mine always puts +70% on the monster AND on me? I hardly ever use it since it doesn't work right

Sestiva Stormfist - Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
fient is not unbalances because its a double edge sword really because its not 30% on self its 70% just like the other so whats the problem

Survivor
May 13, 2009
snohunny20 wrote:
No one seems to have mentioned the use of summon minion cards in pvp. I could do the same, build up my pips to 14 and summon up a really strong scarecrow minion to help my side out but that wouldn't be an honorable way to win. And then they think they're SO AMAZING when they beat you, yeah you had 2 extra players!

If memory serves, you can summon only one minion at a time. I mostly summon mine so I can use the Steal Health card when I need to. is it just me, or is only the Animate card that summons minions of different rank depending on pips?

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
lol NO NO NO NO NO i will always use feint hex balance blade and bladestorm follow with a judgment that is probably the only way a balance player such as my self can killl a high lvl person so keep feint as a open card :P

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
lovetheangelshadow wrote:
snohunny20 wrote:
No one seems to have mentioned the use of summon minion cards in pvp. I could do the same, build up my pips to 14 and summon up a really strong scarecrow minion to help my side out but that wouldn't be an honorable way to win. And then they think they're SO AMAZING when they beat you, yeah you had 2 extra players!

If memory serves, you can summon only one minion at a time. I mostly summon mine so I can use the Steal Health card when I need to. is it just me, or is only the Animate card that summons minions of different rank depending on pips?

I meant if two people on the same side summon minions which I think you can do but I could be wrong. And yes, the animate card is the one I was talking about. It wouldn't be fair at all for me to use that when no one else can right? How is my top ranked minion a fair match for anyone really? If it's used to heal you then fine but most people do not use it that way.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
It takes a lot of effort to keep someone alive long enough to summon the 14-pip minion. And the minions scale very well to the number of pips used. Toss in that almost every class (or is it every one) gets a minion and I think it's pretty fair the way it is. You're sacrificing a lot to use that x pip spell that's neither protecting you nor doing any immediate damage.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
first of all i dont think judgement, fient, tower shields, or any storm card needs to be restricted to one school. i think if you are not winning because of these cards is because you arent looking at the weakness when they put these shields up. judgement i think is one of the easiest atacks to weaken down. all you have to do is weakness them after the first shield tower absorb or anything. when they try and take off your shield they take out the traps and at that point any one who knows the arena knows that resist can be a life saver. fient is a very powerfull trap. because of that they made it a card that can also be used against you. that would make the card an even card. so limiting that card will just make the game more unfiar. with these cards there is no real winner unless you play your cards right.

Grandmaster Pyromaster
Chris Darkhunter was commander now Captain

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I'm a ice wizard and I know our spells and death spells both do low damage but death makes up for it because most also heal you and the others do lots of damage so I think ice needs buffs to.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
I am a ice wizard and I know that both our spells and death spells have low damage but death makes up for it because most of them also heal you and the rest do lots of damage. So I think ice needs more buffs than death does.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Scarecrow with feint and curse could get up to 800 damage or more to each person plus getting half of the health giving user up to 1600 health.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Aweblade1, you forgot to mention the amount of curses and feints you would need to pull that off. Unlike scarecrow, feint and curse are single target only. By the time I get that sort of set up, my opponents will have death shields up to put my work to waste. It's more efficient for us death to use blades when we want to boost scarecrow, because the blades will be faster to set up.

Thaumatures, you guys already have superior boosts to the other elemental classes, and your health total and defenses are the best in the game. Death needs the draining because our defenses nor our health is as great. Not to mention you guys get stuns and we don't. I've seen plenty of ice wizards without feint still win matches.

But anyways, feint is the real reason people complain about judgment, because in the cases where they get one shotted, it's usually because the balance wizard had a feint on them. Without feint, I doubt people would complain about balance as much.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Feint is not broken and feint and judgment can not kill in one hit, unless you are really really low in health. As a Balance wizard, I have to use all available resources in order to Kill in One Hit. It usually takes two hits if my opponent has Tower Shields, Absorbs and or Ice Armor, or any combination of the three. True, these are the only things that can stop judgement with little problem but if we were to make a shield for balance spells then we would also need a convert. This would have to be a special convert as there is no alternate school to balance. It would have to be a mirror convert, meaning, whatever school it is cast on, it would automatically become the mirror school to that school. We would then need a trap that would act in the same way.

New spells would have to be added too to compensate for the spiritual aspect instead of the elemental aspect. Either that or the balance spells would have to be altered to become the mirror school spells by the traps and or converts.

As for judgement, at tops it hits at 100 points per pip, 125 if its attacked to clothing, yet the heckhound hits at 125 points per pip over three rounds. Only has one additional defense, Fire shield, yet no one complains about that nor do they complain about any other DOT spell. { DOT = Damage Over Time} Judgement can be stopped and it only depends on how far you wish to go in order to do so. Ban gold cards is not the answer nor is new spells the answer. What any game strategy needs is simply a little thought and planning.

Stop complaining about spells and attacks and shields and start doing something about protecting yourself. A good strategy always brings about better results as well as helping yourself.

P.S.
By the way, Feint can always be removed by the cleanse ward that myth has.

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat, No Surrender
and No One gets left behind
USArmy Retired

Hero
May 19, 2009
Lyrren wrote:
I am a balance wizard, I never use treasure cards in PVP. I fight as balance and I die as balance.

With that out of the way, after many many many hours in the Arena I believe there is one card which seriously unbalances PvP, and that is Feint.

As a balance wizard I know that Judgement combined with Feint will often kill with a single wave of my wand that is impossible to resist. The same is true for Fire and Storm.... Feint with a judiciously time trap and blade and a a high damage spell will also kill.

I see a lot of complaints on this board about balance and the Judgement spell. Judgement at its maximum does just a little more than the highest level Storm spell and costs more than double the number of pips... but nobody complains about Triton. I refuse to use Feint because I gain no satisfaction from seeing my opponent go from maximum health to zero in one round, but I have faced many wizards who do not suffer from this compunction.

Please confine Feint to the Death School where it belongs.

nobody complains about the triton spell because it can be blocked by up to 4 different shields, tower shield, storm shield, and the 2 double shields from the school of ice and fire. while the judgement can only be blocked by one, and even at full power with the tower shield judgement can still do over 1500 damage.

and if you were to confine feint to the death school you would also have to confine tower shield to the ice school. that way there would be no damage boost to every other school and there would also be no defence boost to every other school.

and using treasure cards in fights is completly fair, why use a normal attack when you can just use a powered up version of the same card. Also, every person can use treasure cards it would only be cheating if you were the only person who couldnt use them. So if you are a master or grandmaster and you get beat by a "noob" who can use the same spells as you, it just shows you how much of a falure as a duelsest you are. If you cant beat a noob who uses rank 5, 6, and 7 spells, i highly doubt that you can actually beat someone your own level with those same spells.

as for minions, every school has one. So if you dont use them because you have some "honor complex", well then that is your fault. If you get beat by someone bc they used a minion, its your fault bc you could of just as easliey summoned one of your own to help you fight, instaed of sit there and complain about it being unfair

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
As a death wizard I agree 100% with this. Death is really the only school that needs feint to make up for its low damage output, so feint really should be restricted to only death spells as when other schools use it they often OTK since their spells do more damage than ours.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

There is NO way death wizard's spells are low damage!! Ice spells are even lower than the Death wizard's plus you guys have a ton more blades and trap than any other school. Be happy for what you have.

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
ya i have to say JUDGEMENT is bad i fought the same guy three times and all he did was same pips and use that spell even witht he tower shield or asorb i still died i think they nee to add balance shields like the rest of the schools its knida unfair no matter what school we are from the only way to portect our selfs from balnace spells is tower shield while balance gets spells that uses tree kinds of shields at once

also i like flint i did over 3000 with centaur useing life blade and trap and spirit blades and traps

so yes for flint
no for JUDGEMENT

Hero
May 19, 2009
sagehyuuga wrote:
ya i have to say JUDGEMENT is bad i fought the same guy three times and all he did was same pips and use that spell even witht he tower shield or asorb i still died i think they nee to add balance shields like the rest of the schools its knida unfair no matter what school we are from the only way to portect our selfs from balnace spells is tower shield while balance gets spells that uses tree kinds of shields at once

also i like flint i did over 3000 with centaur useing life blade and trap and spirit blades and traps

so yes for flint
no for JUDGEMENT

well bc of you it seems KI has finally gotten rid of the "flint" spell. But this topic was about the feint spell, and as far as i can tell it is still here, and i highly doubt that they will ever get rid of it.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I agree that feint with judgement is abused and broken, and tower shield doesn't do much to protect against it. I also like the idea of a balance shield, and the idea of a mirror prism for balance.

The one thing I do have to disagree with is the person that brought in the subject of heckhound. It's 120 per pip over three rounds, but that means one pip will be three rounds of 40, 40, 40. There's pleanty of time to heal or shield before that kills you.

Something needs to be done about judgement, because it's so broken that i can't do ranked matches anymore without fighting a balance person every two out of three fights.

Also, another broken thing for pvp that I noticed yesterday: I saw a character with the new flamezilla pet, so I decided to look at it. I noticed that it is the same damage as stormzilla, but costs only four pips?! Plus, I noticed no level limit for it?! I think I can live with the unfair pip difference, but I think it is completely unfair to low levels that want to do ranked fights to see a fourth turn death because of this card. There should be a level limit for this pet.

Lastly, I know what you mean about having the lowest power in the game, I have a grandmaster death and a level forty-nine ice character. I will admit the ice is weaker by far, but it has a ton of health and defense, which has more than made up for the power difference.

Talon Deathwhisper - Grandmaster Necromancer
Talon Talon - Master Thaumaturge

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
guys feint and judgement are fine just slice it in half with a tower shield...

the REAL broken card here is wild bolt.

1000 damage in only 2 turns....

not to mention it can hit over 10,000 with all the blades and traps set.

i suggest you guys leave judgement and feint alone, and deal with the real problem, wild bolt.

it has a 10% accuracy but its more like 80% when you actually use it.

Defender
Sep 28, 2008
Whine, feint, whine, judgement, whine, wildbolt. When are people going to stop crying about this card or that card and start using their minds for formulating a strategy AGAINST their opponents instead of crying about why they are winning against them?

Feint isn't broken, Judgement isn't overpowered and Wildbolt doesn't need to be banned. A well timed storm shield or elemental shield or even an absorb or ice armor or tower shield can well cut the power of Wildbolt. Should these too be banned from the arena? I do not hear people crying because their Wildbolt was just cut in half and didn't OSK, One Shot Kill, their opponents. Nor do I hear that anyone wants to ban a card that can defend against these attacks and is available to all.

Judgement and feint will not always OSK an opponent. I have had her come up short many times because my opponents decided to use their heads and planned ahead by shielding and investing in arena gear as well as crown gear. Can't afford crowns? Check the Bazaar, they have the occasional crown item and there are also now crown gear drops. Gee, thats not fair, now my trusty OSK spell will be cut in half. Ban crown gear and ticket gear from the arenas! It has no place there. Oh grow up and quit complaining and start THINKING.

WildBolt, combined with storm traps and any other type of boosts that can boost its damage can still be cut way short. Gee, my wildbolt just hit for 25 points. Cry, whine, complain. Lets ban this, or that, or the other. NO! You want to ban something then think about this. BAN YOURSELF FROM THE ARENA! Thats the only real thing "broken" in the arena. YOUR inability to formulate a strategy against you opponents. YOUR inability to plan ahead, AND, YOUR inability to use everything that is at EVERYONES disposal.

Why should we have our cards banned that can give us an edge to appease YOU who are unable to think for yourselves and plan ahead because YOU don't want to use your head for anything but a hat rack? The arena is NOT a place to have cards banned. The arena IS a place where you have to think ahead and plan for what you want to use as well as what will best defend you. GROW UP, STOP COMPLAINING and START THINKING!

James DreamRider
GrandMaster Balance
No Retreat No Surrender
and No One gets left Behind
USArmy Retired

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Make Feint 70% trap to both the target and caster then it would be fair and in line with the Death school as most of their stuff is doing both part help and part harm.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Lyrren wrote:
I am a balance wizard, I never use treasure cards in PVP. I fight as balance and I die as balance.

With that out of the way, after many many many hours in the Arena I believe there is one card which seriously unbalances PvP, and that is Feint.

As a balance wizard I know that Judgement combined with Feint will often kill with a single wave of my wand that is impossible to resist. The same is true for Fire and Storm.... Feint with a judiciously time trap and blade and a a high damage spell will also kill.

I see a lot of complaints on this board about balance and the Judgement spell. Judgement at its maximum does just a little more than the highest level Storm spell and costs more than double the number of pips... but nobody complains about Triton. I refuse to use Feint because I gain no satisfaction from seeing my opponent go from maximum health to zero in one round, but I have faced many wizards who do not suffer from this compunction.

Please confine Feint to the Death School where it belongs.

Are you seriously kidding me? Storm doesn't have the health to use feint in 1 vs. 1 pvp with any reliability. I still can't believe a Balance wizard is complaining at all anyway. If anything Balance shouldn't have access to the easiest "I WIN" attack in the game. You don't have to face but one weak 50 percent shield or an absorb. Al other schools routinely face double, tripe, quadruple shields.

I feel zero sympathy. Look at who has the highest ranks and swallow the reality pill.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
There's tower shields, resistance, and then two different types of spirit armor you can use to fight balance. 400 damage protection, that life gets, and then 500 damage protection, offered by various items in the Spiral.

IF you draw the towers, or spirit armor, then you can win, but without them, you're toast. After talking to some friends who have Balance characters, I've found that the problem isn't with Judgement itself. It's the people who throw just Judgement in their decks, along with Bladestorm, other balance blade, feint, etc. It's them, who KNOW that they can kill anyone anytime with it, that are the problem.

Because most of the time they have to put the least amount of thought into pvp to win with Judgement. Why do you think so many people complain about it? Even with tower shield on and absorb I was one shot killed by it.

Is that even remotely fair?

Hero
May 19, 2009
Otys wrote:
guys feint and judgement are fine just slice it in half with a tower shield...

the REAL broken card here is wild bolt.

1000 damage in only 2 turns....

not to mention it can hit over 10,000 with all the blades and traps set.

i suggest you guys leave judgement and feint alone, and deal with the real problem, wild bolt.

it has a 10% accuracy but its more like 80% when you actually use it.

there is nothing wrong with the wild bolt, it has 10% accuracy and when you use it, it has 10% accuracy not 80%. Now unless you actually have a storm wizard, then you have no idea how rare the wild bolt actually hits.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
In my experience wild bolt isn't reliable enough to waste a turn on when you could be shielding etc. Also taking up room in a deck when a triton would be more prudent. The only time I see people use wild bolts are the people who pvp at lower levels when it pretty much is a cheat in my eyes. At those levels the card is overpowered because you can get away with spamming it because treasure cards stay in hand if fizzled.

Some cards should have a level associated.