Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question concerning Headmaster Ambrose

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
When I hit level 45 and level 46, I received a beckoning from Merle Ambrose saying he was sorry to bother me, but would like me to visit him. I go to him, and there is no quest or anything...

I am currently question in Dragonspyre. Did I miss something, or is this a bug?

Sierra
Lvl 46 Storm

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
This happened to me twice so far when I was level 32 or 33 and either 35 or 36. I asked about it on another site but never got an answer. :/ The second time he said to come back because he had something for me, but didn't say anything special when I got there.

Hopefully someone who knows will see this, because i would hate to miss quests due to a glitch.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
my death wizard just reached level 38 and the same thing happened to him. he was asked to go see Merle, he had something he needed me to do, but when i got there, he had nothing to say. luckily i needed to go see Mortis, so it wasn't a wasted trip.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
Hi this happend to me also if any finds out the answer to why it happends,
and what if any thing was so post to happen.

Thank You
Blizzardwind

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
That happened to my balance character when he reached level 22 and my storm when he reached 49 yesterday.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I am a level 49 and Headmaster Ambrose appeared to me while getting my level 48 spell. When I went to talk to him he gave my a quest for Grizzlehiem. There may be a glitch or something the best thing to do is contact the servers and ask them to help you with this issue. I hope this helps you. :-D

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I don't know where I answered this before, but I'll try and answer as best as possible again. There is a quest you receive at lvl 20, from Amrbose, to visit Grizzleheim. However, since the patch, you might have been a higher lvl already, and so what ever lvl you reached, upon lvling up, it most likely just played the sound for you to visit, but when you had, nothing happened. Why? It could be because you haven't done the initial quest, for Baldur in Olde Town, where he takes you on a tour of Grizzleheim. When I had the initial beckoning by Ambrose, the same thing happened to me. I was confused, but then I remembered that I hadn't gone to Baldur yet. So I did that real quick, then went back to Ambrose, and he was able to go on with asking me to visit Grizzleheim for him.

Hope this helps.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
I got the call from Ambrose at level 22 and he had nothing to tell me. That was a couple days ago, I'm almost to level 24 now and today just went to his office on a whim and sure enough he had a quest for me to go see the King in Grizzleheim. Now, I had already met with the King, but I went back and was awarded XP for doing so. (190, I think)