Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

***Important Crafting Update***

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I am about to give up on crafting... My family an I have been looking for days an I mean DAYS looking for certain items like SCRAP IRON. I have read the post and took the advice and still nothing, so would you please start selling the items at different locations like EVERYWHERE. My family an I are about to quit and move on to another MMO.

Please Help us out KI.

Thanks

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I think that we should be able to make iron out of the ore we pick up.
I have been looking for scrap iron for days and finally picked up four pieces
in two hours it should be a little easier or people will just give up on it.
Can't you at least put more places where it will show or stop making us need it for making things so much.
Thanks for listening anyway.
scifimom2004 aka Alia DawnCaster

Survivor
May 29, 2009
Thanks! We needed that update on scrap iron! Since you need eighty of them and they were only found in a dungeon that took a while we really needed more scrap iron around the world! Woot Woot yay for updates! :D

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
I just don't get it. I am trying now to do the Mooshu craft quests....but don't have time to keep running around looking for regeants that just don't exist.

Guess I will just have to wait on this one until everyone else finishes.
I have been going everywhere trying to collect ecotplasm for the crafting of the possibility dirks going crazy. It is insane help.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
still no scrap iron, i have been looking for it for a month and found it 2x. by chance in marleybone. i am almost finished with mooshu. also i have a card crafting table that will not let me craft anything but cards that i already have in my deck, i don't get it.
respectfully j. seablood

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
I am so lost right now. I am doing the quest to make the rings and the anthames. I cant find the first trainer to let me do the armor quest, or is it one or the other? I accidentally picked the rings/anthames by mistake. Where can I go to find the trainer for making armor at? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering, if you get Novice title, do you have to buy a table/ mannequin to do the others? or is it one or the other? Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
centauriluminox wrote:
There are significant irritations with the current system. For example, I am currently working on the first DS quest that requires 100 black lotus and 75 diamonds. After several days of attempting to progress with this quest I have nearly decided to give up on the whole thing.

From gathering the resources myself I was able to get about 5 diamonds over several days and perhaps 200+ ores gathered. Diamonds do not appear often on the bazaar so that means thousands of ores and weeks of gathering to get the required amount of diamonds.

When I attempted to gather black lotus myself there were none on several realms that I visited. I went to the bazaar to see if any were for sale and they were maxed out, which means that someone was farming them simply to sell to the bazaar.

I cannot imagine that these dynamics were intended for the crafting quests. Becoming more difficult and demanding as you progress through them is understandable, however.

I propose that fewer reagents be needed for at least the crafting quests. Instead, make the required reagents drops from bosses or gathered resources in instanced dungeons within the realm where they are required. This would sufficiently develop increased difficulty as someone progresses through the quests. However, it would reduce the frustration involved in people farming them for sale or in them simply being unavailable.

I really like this game and appreciate the work that KI has put into it. My only two complaints so far have been this element of the crafting system and the lengthy dungeons (3 hrs) in which progress cannot be saved. Those two pretty much kill this as a casual gaming experience that I can participate in during my free time.

This post was right on. I feel the solution he offered to be the best I've seen so far. I think having reagents being a drop would solve a lot of problems. I don't know how many times I've seen a reagent I've needed,but it was snatched up by someone else before I got there.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Beside my post I am listed as a Novice Wizard: Not so, I am in fact a Grandmaster Sorcerer Note: Keep seeing Newgate Prison as best place for scrap iron. I took me 40-50 hours of dedicated searching and I found Hyde Park the most likely place. Beside the tanks at ends by boss battles., and behind crates. I found very little in the bazaar and I checked it in the 4 most likely realms and also literally around the clock. Now I am up to the craft quest requiring 75! diamonds. As the scrap iron search took over 3 weeks with also trying to do quests and helping when needed, I expect this quest will take months. I have found a total of 1 diamond in the last 48 hours in the bazaar, checking 4 realms faithfully every hour of the last 2 days just to see if it is as easy as I see others say it is. I beg to differ, respectfully. Maybe, that is KI's intention. As so many of us are now Grandmaster Wizard's and somewhat attached to our Wizard, there is no more to gain by even finishing the quests required to say "I have finished!" As we see our level meter stagnate and moldy just perpetually in the same place it is understandable when you see old friends that say they will be leaving until this level business is adjusted to give incentive to go on with the game. Trust me KI the aggravation of searching for 75 diamonds hidden in what will be at the least 1500 piles of oar is not helping this mind set. There is not much satisfaction when a 3 hour search for 1 diamond turns up and empty sack. I loved this game. My family did also. Crafting sounded like it would be so fun. I can understand that to make it easy would defeat the word "quest" itself. But everyone's heard of the light at the end of the tunnel. We are in the dark here for sure.
Note: We have tried every mini game available and have not received a reagent yet, even when advancing to a very high level of the game.
Sign me ,
Uncraftable Elizabeth

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Please help! First time crating !
Where I can get " SAPPHIRE" ?
Thank you very much!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
rosavale wrote:
Please help! First time crating !
Where I can get " SAPPHIRE" ?
Thank you very much!

You can buy them from the vendors (the stand right next to the recipe vendors). Most of the gems are relatively cheap. The Bazaar also has them, but they are a lot more expensive.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
LOL If it was worse then it is before this post then I can't imagine what it was like. What was it like one scrap iron per realm per world? Cause all these things are STILL too time consuming.

At the risk of sounding like someone who likes everything given to me. Let me point out that I have played this game long enough to have several powerful grandmasters, so I am not into easy. But this easter egg hunt is like finding the only 10 black jellybeans in a bucket that only has 12 and you are competing with 20 other people all trying to achieve the same goal.

Just nuts!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
not enough their is still recipe that dont work for treasure cards and why sell recipe that you need treasure card that is not your school why allow you to buy if cant make i have made 10 storm shields and i still cant craft the thermic shield treasure card :x then their is the treasure card recipe that requires tempest 85 damage per pip no such thing that i know of thank all from dakota rainbow tamer

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have found tons of Mist Wood, Deep Mushrooms, Cat Tail and Stone Blocks. But the Scrap Iron needs to drop more consistently. Especially in the Hyde Park and Regent's Square areas. Everone gets teleported or sent to these zones and 10 regent intensive items. Also can you fix the sell regents to not ask if you want to sell the item every time. A lump sum would be a great help.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Can anyone tell me where to get the recipe for the 2nd DS craft quest? Mine is different than one mentioned (the Raintree one above). Mine asks for BRIGHT SUROCAT OF PARAGON. Would like to at least know what ingredients I need so I can start finding those. Thanks!

Saffron Dragon Tamer

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
imdragonlady39 wrote:
Can anyone tell me where to get the recipe for the 2nd DS craft quest? Mine is different than one mentioned (the Raintree one above). Mine asks for BRIGHT SUROCAT OF PARAGON. Would like to at least know what ingredients I need so I can start finding those. Thanks!

Saffron Dragon Tamer

Check the MS vendor. Most of the 2nd DS quests are from the MS vendors. And just start collecting black pearls :)

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
imdragonlady39 wrote:

Saffron Dragon Tamer

Each school has a different item to make for the second DS crafting quest. I got the following information from a really good fan site, Wizard101 Central. They have lots of good crafting information over there.

BRIGHT SURCOAT OF PARAGON
Number Crafted: 5
Recipe Vendor: Shan Hao
Table: Equipment Crafting Station
Cooldown Time: 20 Hours
Reagents
Cyclops Treasure Cards (6)
Ruby (14)
Crystal Vial (3)
Ectoplasm (12)
Frost Flower (15)
Black Pearls ( 8 )
Stone Blocks (20)

Good luck!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
After a week of searching and buying at the bazaar I have maybe 10 pieces of scrap iron. Can we have a break here?

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
smvb wrote:
imdragonlady39 wrote:

Saffron Dragon Tamer

Each school has a different item to make for the second DS crafting quest. I got the following information from a really good fan site, Wizard101 Central. They have lots of good crafting information over there.

BRIGHT SURCOAT OF PARAGON
Number Crafted: 5
Recipe Vendor: Shan Hao
Table: Equipment Crafting Station
Cooldown Time: 20 Hours
Reagents
Cyclops Treasure Cards (6)
Ruby (14)
Crystal Vial (3)
Ectoplasm (12)
Frost Flower (15)
Black Pearls ( 8 )
Stone Blocks (20)

Good luck!

SOOO what would that be all together? Hmm
Cooldown Time: 100 Hours
Reagents
Cyclops Treasure Cards (30)
Ruby (70)
Crystal Vial (15)
Ectoplasm (60)
Frost Flower (75)
Black Pearls (40)
Stone Blocks (100)

Crafting??? WhaatZ That???

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Thanks, I found it. The pearls are going to KILL me though! Come on, really, KI? 40? Believe me I TRIED to snipe them at bazaar standing there for hours and SAW TWO but someone got them before I could click it. I did get ONE though in last few days and owned one already so that makes TWO pearls after hours of searching for black lotus in MS and hours at the bazaar. I need 40! Seriously? The rest you can find easily or buy so don't worry about those but it will be well past Christmas or Valentine's Day before I can make a few of these fove coats!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I still have a hard time finding parchment in Krokotopia or Marleybone, but mist wood is everywhere, i think they replace scrap Iron with mist wood. I still need an outrageous amount of Parchment for my Marleybone crafting, I have yet to find enough parchment so i do not know if the cool down time have actually decreased.

I would like to suggest another realm that can only be visited by Grandmaster wizards because there is not much to do after you become Grandmaster and completing side quest doesn't help much since you cannot reach a high level or gain anything of importance.

I basically have two grandmaster wizards in the space of two months and working on a third. i may have out grown the game already, waiting for something new

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
There will be an update to Wizard101 July 8th at 3am Central US Time that will include the following important updates!

Crafting Updates
More Mist Wood and Scrap Iron will be appearing in the Spiral, and should be easier for Wizards to find as they learn the ways of Reagents and Crafting.
Cool down timers on some recipes have been lowered to allow Wizards to create items more quickly.
Reagents have been added as rewards for Mini Games!
The reagents needed for Treasure Cards have been reduced, most notably the number of Treasure Card ingredients needed to create the final Treasure Card.
The descriptions for some of the Craft-able Items were incomplete and should now reflect all the bonuses the items grant the player.

Scrap Iron OMG even with the incress it's impossible to find any, I need 40 and in 3 weeks of looking have found 20 that crazy and make it no fun any more to learn crafting. Not only that there no where to buy any either, yes once in a great while you might be able to buy 1 scrap iron, that doesn't help when you need so many. Please can you incress the amount you can find like you did with the misty wood? This crafting was a good idea but if you make it so hard to find anything, not only does it take away the enjoyment of crafting but it takes the fun away from the whole game.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
zerosuitsameri wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
There will be an update to Wizard101 July 8th at 3am Central US Time that will include the following important updates!

Crafting Updates
More Mist Wood and Scrap Iron will be appearing in the Spiral, and should be easier for Wizards to find as they learn the ways of Reagents and Crafting.
Cool down timers on some recipes have been lowered to allow Wizards to create items more quickly.
Reagents have been added as rewards for Mini Games!
The reagents needed for Treasure Cards have been reduced, most notably the number of Treasure Card ingredients needed to create the final Treasure Card.
The descriptions for some of the Craft-able Items were incomplete and should now reflect all the bonuses the items grant the player.

Scrap Iron OMG even with the incress it's impossible to find any, I need 40 and in 3 weeks of looking have found 20 that crazy and make it no fun any more to learn crafting. Not only that there no where to buy any either, yes once in a great while you might be able to buy 1 scrap iron, that doesn't help when you need so many. Please can you incress the amount you can find like you did with the misty wood? This crafting was a good idea but if you make it so hard to find anything, not only does it take away the enjoyment of crafting but it takes the fun away from the whole game.

You think Scrap Iron is bad, wait until you get to needing ectoplasm, diamond, black lotus.

Scrap Iron is really a cinch to get if you are at the right place at the right time and don't mind running around for a bit, switching realms helps too. :-D

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Well, I'm about ready to give up on Wizard 101 all together. I've gotten diamonds when I started my new player and then found out I can't give them to my grandmaster who needs them. So I tried to sell them to myself at the bazaar. Well, you guessed it, someone beat me to my own diamond before I could log back in as my other player.

There have been numerous "cries for help" and I noticed that KI has NEVER mentioned anything about doing something. There should be a way for my own players in my own account to share reagents. Like put them in the shared bank.

I have been a grand for a while now and still have not been able to complete the crafting quest from Dragonspyre. I collected over 1,600 pieces or ore and have made exactly 3 rings. How sad is that?

KI, it would be nice to get some kind of response from you about the diamond and black pearl issue.

I'm sure my words fall on deaf ears and I'm waiting until after the next update to see what happens, but it may be bye-bye Wizard 101 and hello to another game.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
*shudders* I am about at the end of my rope with trying to find Scrap-Iron!

Ectoplasm I keep harvesting from any "undead", usually either Banshee-Type, or Ghost-Type enemies are the ones that drop these.

It would be nice to have a VENDOR that sells Scrap-Iron, or a recipee to turn Ore into Scrap-Iron.