Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dampen Magic Card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
Is it possible for a player to have this card still? I understand it was a beta card and limits all players to a maximum of 3 pips. Kind of the polar opposite of Power Play. Had someone use it in the arena in a 4 v 4 duel and then proceed to spam Wild Bolt.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I just saw an image of this card and am curious too. The Wizard 101 wiki doesn't list the spell.

Hero
May 02, 2009
From the sound of this, it may have been a beta card that was deleted before the game went live.

They probably cut this spell out because it seems that it may have been a spell that players would spam in PVP to gain ranks faster and easier, though it may have been a good card to use in PVE to help against tough enemies and/or bosses.

It also sounds like it might have been a death or balance spell.

But we may never know. :?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Otys wrote:
they might eventually bring it back. time will tell.

Why would they bring something back they took a long time to decide not to implement? That makes zero sense.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
hiway1999 wrote:
Otys wrote:
they might eventually bring it back. time will tell.

Why would they bring something back they took a long time to decide not to implement? That makes zero sense.

its a game dude... it doesn't have to make sense... who knows? its magical anything can happen :P :P :P :P

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Dampen Magic still here. It is a drop from Mooshu bosses, such as the Jade Oni.

I bought one from the bazaar. It really made my day! I don't know when I'll ever use it though... :?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
happydoggy10 wrote:
Dampen Magic still here. It is a drop from Mooshu bosses, such as the Jade Oni.

I bought one from the bazaar. It really made my day! I don't know when I'll ever use it though... :?

SAY WHAT?????????

can you post a screenshot of it on wizard101 central because i don't really believe you. the card was scrapped from the game...

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Otys wrote:
SAY WHAT?????????

can you post a screenshot of it on wizard101 central because i don't really believe you. the card was scrapped from the game...

Sure, I will show you the screenshot of it.

Defender
May 08, 2009
Happydoggy, can we please trade.If the answer is yes lets make it on the weekend.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
ok happy dog i believe you now. i don't know if you posted the pic or not, but i saw that the dampen magic card still exsists.

lol jade oni time! *sharpens a knife*

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
Just as a side thought, i know that people have an issue with Judgment in PVP (as well as other x pip spells like tempest and dryad) and it seams to me that this would be a great way to limit that. i know that dampen magic is a balance spell however if it was avaliable via a non teacher trainer or with a pet (perhaps a new crown pet or gift card pet)... Just a thought.

and can anyone verify how this spell works, i was under the impression (cant remember when or why) that while it limited the max pips to 3 it would also limit the min pips as well. so if you have 3 regular pips and cast a 3 pip spell you would use all of your pips however on the next round you would regain 3 pips (be it regular or power) and have 3 or more pips to cast the next round. the spell maxes alot more sceanse that way than just limiting the max pips as it would be a great way to cast low level spells from other schools and not have to worry about wasting power pips. it wouldn't matter as your pips would replenish the next round.

if this is not how it works then i leave this as a sudjestion to KI, because that would be a truly fun spell to work with.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Actually, this card isn't as great as it seems.

I haave used it already, and all this does is limit EVERYONE's pips to 3 max.

I basically looks like Power Play, which can be changed if you put Doom and Gloom, Balefrost, ext.