Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Various Things Noticed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
Some things i've noticed since playing the game.

1. Quest helper sometimes turns it self off for no aparent reason.

2. Dungeon Warning checkbox does not stick, have to check it again at times.

3. The Death spell Feint states +70 to targed and +30 to self. However when cast it shows +70 to target and +70 to you.

4. Power Pips. From my understanding an what i've read, power pips count as 2 pips for primary school spell purpose and as 1 for subschool spells. However with say 1 gold pip you cast your primary school spell that takes 1 pip, it takes up the entire pip and not just 1 pip. If the pip is considered 2 for primary it should turn the gold pip white to represent it took 1 pip from it.

5. Quite a few buggy things in Grizzleheim. Yardbirds give credit but do not actually reflect on quest tab or with Zeke. Some Quests give Error: Unknown Area when it show where to go. You have to jump servers to get some quest items to register before you can use it.

All things considered, this is a very interresting and fun game to play.

Logan Deathshade.

Defender
May 06, 2009
1. Make sure you are not just accidently hitting 't'. Once I realized this toggled quest helper, I was fine. (Still, I think it does toggle itself in some circumstances)
2. No idea, this has been turned off for me forever :)
3. It's a graphical bug only, the one on you is only 30%. For some reason the devs have stated it would take a lot to fix this. I personally don't see why :)
4. You don't get 'change' for the pip, that's by design. If you only need one pip and only have power pips, it will use one of your power pips, the whole thing. That's just how it works. I've seen it mentioned on and off but I doubt this will ever get 'fixed' because it's not really 'broken'. I see it as a strategic choice -- do you wait a round until you get another plain pip or cast anyway, assuming you'll get a power pip the next time? Besides -- eventually you hit a limit (8 pips total) and I certainly wouldn't want to trade a large chance at another power pip for a guaranteed plain pip.
5. Haven't gone around GH enough to see the problems you're describing, but that's just me :)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
In Response:
Number one has been reported several times over.
Number 2: Havent seen that.
Number 3: Crikey! I hate that it doest that. The first time I used it I got knocked out because it did over twice the damage I had anticpated. It was my own fault for using it for the first time in an important boss fight, but still. I havent used this card in conjunction with sacrifice yet, so maybe it does +30 to sacrifice and +70 for everything else?
Number 4: Good Idea, not sure if KI has the resources to devote just yet to getting that changed. But I think its safe to assume that someone has that stickynoted in their cubicle.
Number 5: Lol. Grizzlehiem.

Keiran RainFist
Lvl 29 Necromancer/Pyromancer
Angel Whisper
Lvl 10 Thaumaturge/Necromancer

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Here is something else

If you and friends are battling a boss monster and you die, flee and come back then you will not get attacked again but can attack.

I died left and came back and all the attacks for the next 6 rounds only attacked my friend. then she died and came back and all the attacks were only against me.

Far to big a coincidence for it to be random and only attack the same person all the time.

Defender
May 06, 2009
michellembrodeur wrote:
Here is something else

If you and friends are battling a boss monster and you die, flee and come back then you will not get attacked again but can attack.

I died left and came back and all the attacks for the next 6 rounds only attacked my friend. then she died and came back and all the attacks were only against me.

Far to big a coincidence for it to be random and only attack the same person all the time.

That's the concept of aggression. There is some invisible meter that determines who an enemy is most mad at, which goes up when you hit them for a lot of damage, and is affected by things like 'taunt' and 'subdue', to increase or decrease the aggression meter. It is also affected when you heal people on your side, to a lesser degree. If you are ice, it is good to increase it, and let them attack you and your tower shields and higher health rather than your weaker friends/minion. As myth currently, I have a minion (a minotaur) who often casts 'taunt' to get the enemies to attack him instead of me, as well as various shields, absorbs, ghouls, etc (for him to self-heal would be nice too, but ah well). This often takes the heat off of me. If only he'd pay more attention to taunts and less to throwing up multiple shields on himself when I am the one getting attacked!

What is happening that you are describing is, when you die, all your aggression gets zeroed out and your friend's value is now there, I assume they'd been hitting the enemy too. When you come back, they have forgotten all about you and your meter starts fresh. When THEY die, again their attention goes to you and will not go back to them when they return. Make sense?

Exception to this: if you get healed the same round you get knocked out, they will still attack you...so if you get brought back by one of the HOT life heals (brownie, is it?), expect to get taken down again the next round, especially if you were the target of multiple foes.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
sumowar123 wrote:

3. The Death spell Feint states +70 to targed and +30 to self. However when cast it shows +70 to target and +70 to you.

4. Power Pips. From my understanding an what i've read, power pips count as 2 pips for primary school spell purpose and as 1 for subschool spells. However with say 1 gold pip you cast your primary school spell that takes 1 pip, it takes up the entire pip and not just 1 pip. If the pip is considered 2 for primary it should turn the gold pip white to represent it took 1 pip from it.

5. Quite a few buggy things in Grizzleheim. Yardbirds give credit but do not actually reflect on quest tab or with Zeke. Some Quests give Error: Unknown Area when it show where to go. You have to jump servers to get some quest items to register before you can use it.

Logan Deathshade.

I HIGHLY agree with Logan Deathshade's 3rd and 4th points in the above post. In point 3, the feint is not casted correctly and in point 4, which is also is a little annoying, the yellow pips dont turn to a white pip if you use an alternate school's (what ever school is not your main school) 1-pip cards. That might also be a nice update to include. Also will help people with their trickery and how they seem to be one school but use another school's cards instead but still get to have that yellow pip turn to a white one when they cast a 1-pip card at the begining of the battle.

Many thanks to everyone who even read my ramblings. Lol. :)

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
sumowar123 wrote:

Logan Deathshade.

1. I have been having the same problems with the quest helper. I have reported it several times and was told there was nothing wrong. That someone must be turning it on and off, even though it is happening when I am playing the game, especially if I lose a battle in a dungeon or with a major boss.

3. I noticed the same problem with the shield, so I stop using it. I also notice that the same shield used by the bosses, doesn't effect them at all. Double standard to me.

4. If you cast a spell that is worth 2 pips and you have a gold pip, it will use only that 1 gold pip if the spell is from your primary school. It would be the same if you saved up pips and needed 2 pips, it would use 2 white pips. Hopefully this makes sense.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
sumowar123 wrote:
1. Quest helper sometimes turns it self off for no apparent reason.

I've been having the Quest Helper issue too, but I know it's because I've been accidentally hitting the toggle (T). It usually happens when I'm chatting with someone and the game takes back control and closes the input line on my chat usually for one of the following reasons: 1) changing areas and the screens reload, 2) battle starting resulting in the same, etc.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009

You know what i ALWAYS thought that made more sense. If it counts as two when you take or need only one pip they it should turn white. I have seen it do that but its not the norm.