Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

one house per account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
How many would like one house per account.

When you buy a house or mansion all your characters have access to it.

It would simplify things like trying to decorate and would be easier to show off to people.

Trying to come up with 15000gp on each account and buy furniture for all mansion is way to much for any one.

So who would like one house per account?

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Wouldn't work very well with accounts shared by two or more people now, would it?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Honestly, I think that's a great idea. That way all characters can contribute to it, adding the statues they've found, but weren't found on other, etc.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
michellembrodeur wrote:

It would simplify things like trying to decorate and would be easier to show off to people.

Trying to come up with 15000gp on each account and buy furniture for all mansion is way to much for any one.

i dont think that would work because like pablo said it wouldn't go over so well with the people the share their accounts with family. they would be mad because they wouldn't be able to pick their own house.

Defender
May 06, 2009
If you think 15000 gp is hard to come up with, you must not be doing something right, I'm sorry.

You get higher and higher level drops as you go on, and selling them at the stores -- and the bazaar especially -- gets you quite a lot of gp very quickly. Granted you can't get it before you're about level 30, but it's not hard. After a while you end up looking for things to spend money on, because you hit the cap (recently 100,000, but now raised to 150,000) and like running into the XP cap, it ends up that you have very little to do things for after a while.

Plus, since you can already only own three residences per wizard, if you had to share that limit among all six of your wizards, things would get pretty quickly cramped. Unless you sold off things, of course, but then you'd end up with more gold, with which you could just buy more houses :D :D :D

Still, having houses be something you could trade between characters would be very useful!

Survivor
May 23, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:
Wouldn't work very well with accounts shared by two or more people now, would it?

right now you can own up to 3 at a time so yes it would. They could even extent that it they want.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Personally I am fine with the way it is now, by about the time my characters reach marleybone or mooshu is about the time they can afford to buy a castle. Then I just shove all of the junk house items into it, make it look nice based on what I managed to have aquired and move on.

Also food for thought, currently you can have up to 3 different houses and your standard dorm room. IF it was shared across your whole account it would need to be more then that IMO.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
just an idea but i think that we should be able to share a house with more ppl like maybe be able to invite someone to live with you and put down decor. of there own but i caught some problems that i fixed for my idea. it needs to be where you can ONLY pick up YOUR items and the house lease goes under the name of the original buyer. plz respond ppl i don't care if its good or bad :D.

Joshua Lifegiver, lvl 24 life school

Keeping things feeling alive!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:

First of all accounts I believe should not be shared. If your all living in the same house then $6.95 a month is cheap.

But if you share the account then you still have each a dorm room.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
michellembrodeur wrote:

I hate this idea. I like having three different houses for each different character. Each is decorated in a different style and I switch them around depending on my mood. And coming up with the money isn't so difficult. I'm getting drops of items that sell for $250 - $300 each item. Before housing, I had more money than I knew what to do with. I'm glad for a reason to spend it.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
i agree with any person who said that it was a bad idea. I have to share my accouunt with my family and i dont want to have the same house as them. i would like to have my own house that was mine and mine alone. let my family choose their house and buy it with their own money.

Valdus StarBlade lvl 29

fire/myth/life

Survivor
May 07, 2009
I like this idea! Though maybe for those who share accounts, give each character access to the same house, but if a different character chooses to buy his own house, all the other chars have access to it.

Or we could let each char choose to set his/her house to public/private, meaning that he/she could limit access from other chars to view only or be able to use etc.

Just a thought.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Personally, I don't like the fact that you can only have three. It really doesn't take long to fill one up or to at least get it looking cluttered.

My main wish is that you could connect your properties with a portal door of some sort instead of having to equip a different one before porting to it.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
There are both pros and cons with that idea

pros; you can decorate with every wizard, like rare drops as statues ect. you dont have to get a lot of money though either

cons; you cant get more then one house all together, some people share accounts, idk why anyways, it doesnt teach you to work for your gold

also i have 2 houses on my balance wizard, 1 for summer(cottage), 1 for other seasons(mansion).

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Let me better clarify what I meant. It shouldn't be manditory you have just one house per acct, etc, however, I would like the option of sharing a house, with other chars on my acct.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I think it is a great idea, but since there are family accounts it wouldn't work well. UNLESS! they made something that allowed the house purchaser to decide which people of their accounts they are allowing to use their house and add and delete things from it. i think that would be the only way it would work.
:) :-) :D :( :-o 8) :x :P :? All smileys ftw!

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I think it would be a great idea to at least have that option. For people like me who aren't interested in owning a castle or decorating rooms, but have others on their accounts that are, it would allow them to help meet their goal. I enjoy only the quests; therefore, I don't really need all the gold except for buying treasure cards. My daughter, is interested and it would help her get there faster.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
well you could make it so you share a house but you can make it that you press a button and locks sharing mode for house or locks the furnature in one spot

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Sorry I don't support this idea, because every person on an account with at least 2 people has a different decorative style, 1 house for the whole account would ruin that.

Defender
May 15, 2009
michellembrodeur wrote:

Neither I nor my wife would.

When we make alts (additional characters), they are separate and unique from each other, to include differently styled houses.

Besides, that wouldn't 'simplify' as all six characters' stuff would be crammed into one location.

Xinaed wrote:
Honestly, I think that's a great idea. That way all characters can contribute to it, adding the statues they've found, but weren't found on other, etc.

All your alts can contribute to one house via your shared bank.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009