Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat/Port

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2009
Ever since the opening of Grizzleheim, I have had problems with chatting with people on my friends list. I cannot private chat to most of them, nor can I port to them. When I try to port to some friends, I see a message that they are in full something. Others of my friends cannot chat at all. I know they have chat priveliges, because they are not children, and before Grizzleheim opened, there was no problem at all. Please look into this issue, if I cannot use all the features of the game, I want a refund on my purchase price.

Ryan Lifeweaver

Defender
May 06, 2009
A bit over dramtic now aren't we. Geesh.

As to the message that they are full, mostlikely it is a case of they are in an instance and it is already full with 4 folks OR that they are in an instance that is only ment to be done solo so no one can go to them. Of course it could be a third possibility of they just have porting turned off and that is the message that you get. /shrug

As to chatting with them, that sounds like you should submit a bug to Mr Lincon under help and support. I mean it is possible that maybe one or two might have put you on ignore, but it seems from your description (giving the benifit of the doubt) that this wouldn't be the case. It is also possible (but doubtful) that they turned off chatting. Anyways I am still thinking that this is a new bug of some sort.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
That sounds like a problem I and a friend had the other day in Krok, since the update. I kept trying to port to him, but couldn't, and kept getting that he was in a Full Instance (I think that means a battle with all slots full and no vacancy for an incoming port). So, we tried a variety of times, eventually meeting at the Oasis.

It was funny, getting the Full Instance message, when we were standing right in front of each other in the Oasis, up to our ankles in pond water.

Certainly beats having sand in my boots and a rock in my sock.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
steveheffner wrote:

As to the message that they are full, mostlikely it is a case of they are in an instance and it is already full with 4 folks OR that they are in an instance that is only ment to be done solo so no one can go to them. Of course it could be a third possibility of they just have porting turned off and that is the message that you get. /shrug

As to chatting with them, that sounds like you should submit a bug to Mr Lincon under help and support. I mean it is possible that maybe one or two might have put you on ignore, but it seems from your description (giving the benifit of the doubt) that this wouldn't be the case. It is also possible (but doubtful) that they turned off chatting. Anyways I am still thinking that this is a new bug of some sort.

I dont think I am being over dramatic, I am a grown woman, and want my monies worth. Maybe you are spending mommy and daddy's money, but I work hard for mine, and do not like to waste it.

Defender
May 06, 2009
womon wrote:
steveheffner wrote:

I dont think I am being over dramatic, I am a grown woman, and want my monies worth. Maybe you are spending mommy and daddy's money, but I work hard for mine, and do not like to waste it.

I live in my own house, and haven't lived with momie and daddy for a very very long time. Yes you are being over dramatic, nothing in this world always works 100% all of the time which is the condition you seem to want this game to be. YOu are only paying a monthy subscription to it (unless of course you choose to pay more for crowns/year subscription) so in the end if you find you aren't getting enjoyment then just quit. IMO just having problems with chat and porting to folks is fairly low on the issues I would have to want to be so prompt to wish to quit, but hey that is me not you, everyone is different and has different perspectives. ME personally the "improved" boss encounters has me on the edge of quitting right now. I am stuck in Mooshu and can't continue on with my balance wizard. I already "won" the game twice with 2 other wizards. KI says they are aware of the situation, what does that really mean? shrug I will find out, then again I might not and just leave. Again it is my choice.

Anyways I did answer your questions about the issues as best as I could, like I said you might want to submit a bug about some of this or heck all of it, your choice really.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
The same thing happened to me. I kept trying to port to my friend but it wouldnt let me, kept saying the instance was full. He could port to me but no one could port to him. As for getting a refund, just calm down. It's not the end of the world.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Emotions aside, I believe the problem that you are having with porting is related to either instance levels or groups. Instance levels have already been covered so I will focus on groups. You may notice (or may not if you have not been in a group yet) that there are spiraling swirls of purple / red colored "placeholders" next to you when you enter a fight now. These placeholders will save a spot or multiple spots in a battle for the members of your group. So say for instance that you are grouped with one other wizard and you enter a battle. There will be a placeholder next to you for that one other wizard and the game will leave the other two spots on the battle field open for others to join. However, if you are in a group of four and you enter a battle by yourself you will find three other placeholders next to you and no one will be able to port into that battle unless they are in your group. This is KI's way of correcting the port and flee problem beyond just allowing us to turn off porting. BTW, If someone is in a solo instance then the message you get is that the person is busy and if they have porting turned off the message you get is that the person does not wish to be disturbed.

As for chatting, it sound like they ignored you by accident. Whisper chat has not changed in this update. The only thing you have to mindful of with this update pertaining to chat is that there is now a area chat and a group chat icon in the textbox where you type your message. They allow you to chat openly to everyone in the area or chat only to your group, respectively. I hope this helps. If you can get one of your friends who you are having this problem with in the same area with you, I would bet that the two of you could figure out why. If you're still stuck after that then Mr. Lincoln will definitely be able to help.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
Emotions aside, I believe the problem that you are having with porting is related to either instance levels or groups. Instance levels have already been covered so I will focus on groups. You may notice (or may not if you have not been in a group yet) that there are spiraling swirls of purple / red colored "placeholders" next to you when you enter a fight now. These placeholders will save a spot or multiple spots in a battle for the members of your group. So say for instance that you are grouped with one other wizard and you enter a battle. There will be a placeholder next to you for that one other wizard and the game will leave the other two spots on the battle field open for others to join. However, if you are in a group of four and you enter a battle by yourself you will find three other placeholders next to you and no one will be able to port into that battle unless they are in your group. This is KI's way of correcting the port and flee problem beyond just allowing us to turn off porting. BTW, If someone is in a solo instance then the message you get is that the person is busy and if they have porting turned off the message you get is that the person does not wish to be disturbed.

As for chatting, it sound like they ignored you by accident. Whisper chat has not changed in this update. The only thing you have to mindful of with this update pertaining to chat is that there is now a area chat and a group chat icon in the textbox where you type your message. They allow you to chat openly to everyone in the area or chat only to your group, respectively. I hope this helps. If you can get one of your friends who you are having this problem with in the same area with you, I would bet that the two of you could figure out why. If you're still stuck after that then Mr. Lincoln will definitely be able to help.

Thanks for your input. I have noticed that even though my chat options are open, and I can chat with anyone, I have the icon with "NO CHAT" symbol as a under 13 year old would have. I also have noticed that everyone I have run across with the same symbol is able to chat, but those with the open chat symbol may or may not. Either way, I cannot see them. I did write to Mr. Lincoln, they told me to change relms, so far that has not worked. But I will keep trying.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009

Hello, I have received the same problems of porting and chat. The porting has seemed to come and go as a problem, but the chat problem is still an issue. Has anybody else gotten it fixed yet?