Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Powerpips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

Well, I think I have noticed another bug.

When I get a power pip at the end of a turn, I at times don't get to use it as one.

Example: I have one pip, turn ends, I get a powerpip. This should count for 3 pips in total, right? But there are times where the game seems to take the powerpip for a normal one, and I cannot use any of my cards that require 3 pips. Instead, my max spells I can cast are 2 pips.

Mind you this is, while I have one regular pip and a powerpip.

Is it me, or is this wrong? I had the impression that when you have a powerpip it should always count as two pips, right?

I'm confused.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
A power pip counts for two pips WHEN IT IS YOUR SCHOOL. For example:
I am death. If I get a power pip i can use a 2 pip death spell (ghoul) but I can only use a one pip non-death spell.

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Power pips count for two pips only for powers in your primary power set. For all other powers, a pip is a pip, power or not.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Power pips only count as 2 in your main school. In all other schools you use it counts as 1.

Defender
May 15, 2009
kivech wrote:
I had the impression that when you have a powerpip it should always count as two pips, right?

Wrong. They only count for two pips if you cast a spell from your own school.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
It only counts as two for spells of your own school.

For example: I'm a life wizard. I have two power pips and two regular pips. I've got Seraph (rank 4, Life) and Sandstorm (rank 4, Balance) in my hand. I can cast either. If I use Seraph, I will only use my two power pips. However, if I cast Sandstorm, I will use all of them, because it is a Balance spell, and I'm not a Balance wizard.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I have a question regarding something like this as well. I am balance and i was wondering if power pips only work for school related attack spells only, because i use blade storm which is balance spell and when i have a power pip it takes it as one pip.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
silentwalker77 wrote:
I have a question regarding something like this as well. I am balance and i was wondering if power pips only work for school related attack spells only, because i use blade storm which is balance spell and when i have a power pip it takes it as one pip.

yes, the elemtal blades take a power pip off if you only have a power pip or pure power pips....but if you have a normal pip and the rest are power pips then the the elemental blades will just take the normal off...what i do with my baance wizard is that when i get a power pip at first i would first use the balance blade wich takes no pips and then wait until you get a normal pip to use your elemental blades.

Defender
May 28, 2009
silentwalker77 wrote:

I don't like this functionality either. Sometimes it is necessary to cast single pip spells when you have nothing but power pips. In my opinion any power pip used to cast a 1 pip spell in your own school should be converted into a regular pip. Unfortunately, that is not the way it works. I pay very close attention now when I am casting balance blades and traps to make sure that I have a regular pip so that I don't burn a power pip. Most times I have a regular zero pip blade that I can use in the meantime until I get a regular pip or have enough power pips that I don't care anymore. But like I said above, sometimes its all I have and I would rather loose the power pip than waste my turn.