Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot connect to server

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Is anybody else finding it impossible to enter the game after logging on?
Every time i click play on the character select screen i get error message "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER". I'm a level 30 necromancer and have spent many happy hours playing w101 so this is quite frustrating.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
THis is happenning to me also . VERY FRUSTRATING > not sure how to fix.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
This same problem keeps happening to my son as well. I have no Idea how to fix it and would like to so we can play again. I can get on my game just fine but he cant get on his. If anyone knows why this is PLEASE help. He really likes having a game to play with mom while I'm at work as I like to play with him. I'm out of town for work from time to time and it allows me to play with him when he can get on. Thanks

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
grf1984 wrote:
Is anybody else finding it impossible to enter the game after logging on?
Every time i click play on the character select screen i get error message "CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER". I'm a level 30 necromancer and have spent many happy hours playing w101 so this is quite frustrating.

I dont even get it to play. I click login and it says this:Wizard 101 has encountered an error. This should be temporary. Please try again.

This error could be caused by temporary game maintenance or an internet outage. Please check your internet connection and try again. You may need to restart your computer to resolve the issue.

If you continue to see errors, please contact customer support and refer to Solution 109 by clicking here.

I checked my firewall and i allowed wizard.com and the graphical client. I can go online so i have internet connection. Please help me