Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

test of aptitude

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
On the last riddile on the test of aptitude it says, The sun shines on the tree, the tree shades the snake, the snake hisses at the beetle, the beetle runs away. I don't know witch obelisks to light up and I need help.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Um. It sort of tells you which ones to light up. Sun, tree, snake, beetle.
That doesn't work.

The sun shines on the tree, the tree shades the snake, the snake hisses at the beetle, the beetle runs away.
I took this as the sun is dark, tree is lit, snake is dark, beetle - I have no idea so I tried both. Can anyone help me out?

Defender
May 29, 2009

Light all 4 up in this order: sun, tree, snake, beetle. Trust us, this is the answer. Maybe turn them all OFF first to avoid any confusion and then just light up those 4.

Rydher wrote:
That doesn't work.

The sun shines on the tree, the tree shades the snake, the snake hisses at the beetle, the beetle runs away.
I took this as the sun is dark, tree is lit, snake is dark, beetle - I have no idea so I tried both. Can anyone help me out?

Explorer
Sep 09, 2009
Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
Rydher wrote:
That doesn't work.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that the sun is light, the tree is in the light, and when the beetle runs, it too is in the light. Only the snake is dark, in the shade.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Rydher wrote:
That doesn't work.

You have to do them in order. Go light the sun, then the tree, then the snake, and lastly, the beetle. Thats all it is. If it still doesnt work then something is messed.....

Historian
Jun 14, 2009

I had this problem too. I had to switch realms to get it to work. The answer is Sun, Tree, Snake, Beetle.