Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Menu chat and Mallistaire

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Ok you made made this extremely difficult puzzle to beat the last boss. Given that, say at most a very small group will even succeed. But they can read other forums and find out how to do it.

Unfortunately the kids that are too young to chat are probably too young to join those other forums.

So why did you make a puzzle that takes extreme team work when the group you are focussing on have only menu chat.

it was bad enough trying to communicate with a not talker to even get the crystals to activate at the same time. No lie it took us 20 minutes.

So how in the world do you expect non chatters that play together to communicate to get the right strategy.

And most players who chat are not that familiar with non chat menu so it just adds frustration.

Yes I have heard he can be beaten but only by good team work. There is absolutely no way non chatters can organize this unless they can communicate out side the game!!!!

Which we all know unless they are true friends is wrong for them to try and go find others to meet up and discuss it. This is dangerous.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Maybe we should all give this a little time. So many people were so ugly for so long that the Malistaire battle was NOT stong enough...that KI made it really hard. Don't underestimate the kids...remember when GH went to test and only the kids could figure out how to get past that first area????

As the battle is done over and over we will learn the best way to beat it.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I agree, as i said in a previous post. Many people without text chat tend to do most bosses on their own cause they can;t talk or get help, and thats fine. But with these enhanced battle instances ever since the update, solo players can't be solo anymore.

Defender
May 06, 2009
littlebelle wrote:
Ok you made made this extremely difficult puzzle to beat the last boss. Given that, say at most a very small group will even succeed. But they can read other forums and find out how to do it.

Unfortunately the kids that are too young to chat are probably too young to join those other forums.

So why did you make a puzzle that takes extreme team work when the group you are focussing on have only menu chat.

it was bad enough trying to communicate with a not talker to even get the crystals to activate at the same time. No lie it took us 20 minutes.

So how in the world do you expect non chatters that play together to communicate to get the right strategy.

And most players who chat are not that familiar with non chat menu so it just adds frustration.

Yes I have heard he can be beaten but only by good team work. There is absolutely no way non chatters can organize this unless they can communicate out side the game!!!!

Which we all know unless they are true friends is wrong for them to try and go find others to meet up and discuss it. This is dangerous.

Excellent points. The way I delt with chat menu only folks before is get one other person that has reguarl chat. We (the two of us) would activate the crystals, and then we could cordinate killing of the two gate guards so that they died at rougly the same time. Basically keeping the menu only chat person in the dark and in a corner for anything that actually required communications. Other then that it wasn't too hard. NOW with the "enhancements" oh my I would almost say if they can't get on vent then they can't do these things. :-(

Administrator
Thank you all on your input on this matter. Cyrus Drake has a message for everyone located here:

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/8018.ftl

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-