Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error uninstalling and installing! ! !

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2008
Ok, so last night I was trying to patch my game, so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Since it was late, I decided to try it tomorrow. But then the game wouldn't load. When I went to the main site, I couldn't install it as it opened and closed in a few seconds. Finally, when I tried uninstalling it, an error message came out. I got some details:

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (851)
PAPP:Wizard101
PVENDOR:KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc. (##ID_STRING18##)
PGUID:A9E27FF5-6294-46A8-B8FD-77B1DECA3021
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001)
IE Version: 7.0.6001.18000

I already filed a report but didn't receive a reply, so I'm wondering if anyone knows how to deal with this.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
Have you received an answer yet? I'm having the same issue

Administrator
I'll have our technical Wizards look into this, thanks for the report.

Are you seeing this
- on the website in your web browser?
- on your PC when you actually try to install the game?
- on your PC after you've reinstalled and try to run Wizard101 from the desktop icon?

Any further information will help us better diagnose this problem.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Administrator
Ok I did a little digging on my own by Googling the Error Code your received. This may not be Wizard101, but your Windows update installation.

Players encountered this error with the game Spore, and their solutions included:

a) making sure you're logged in as an Administrator on your computer when you uninstall and reinstall
b) uninstall it from Add/Remove programs
c) delete the entire folder (though you may want to back up some of your screenshots!)
d) reinstalling in Safe Mode

If none of the above makes sense to you, Mr Lincoln will most likely have an answer for you very soon.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
I've been having the same problem. I tried all of the above and still get the error. Even from the Add/Remove Programs I get the error. When I download and run it, the setup just stops with no error. I only get the error when trying to Remove it.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
i am getting the same error it is this not sure what to do i have tried all the sugestions you gave but nothing is working please help

Error Information:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18882

ps. i have a wizard101 program in my uninstall list that i can not uninstall

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
i wonder if it works on windows XP because instead of saying an error code it's all blank!!!!! :| usally it might say UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER, then it hasthe quit button.............. IT DOESN'T SAY THAT!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
djflorke wrote:

Error Information:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (6002)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18882

Hey, Kingsisle I am having this same problem and I think this really needs to be addressed. I am having this same error message (quoted above) and i really would like to play your game. So please try to find a solution to this problem. What I think these other people above went through is the same as what happened to me which is that one day Wizard101 was not working, so following a reasonable chain of thought they uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it. When that did not work, they went back to try to uninstall it again and then the message above popped up.

Thanks for Your Time,
Luke Schulz
Luke WillowStrider: Level 42 Theurgist

Administrator
If the fix that Gamma wrote above doesn't work, don't worry, we have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: <a href="mailto:support@wizard101.com">support@wizard101.com</a>. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click &quot;Save all Information&quot; and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
Dear Kingsisle,
I would just like to thank you for your quick and speedy response to this problem. I am just about to send the information to you and hope to have a reply soon. So once again, thank you!

Sincerely,
Luke Schulz: Luke WillowStrider Level 42 Theurgist