Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointed in new Wizard 101 Gift card pets.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I must say that when I saw the pets for the new cards on the site that I was really disappointed. I was hoping for different pets for the cards not the same pets with different cards and abilities. I am not sure if I want to even collect the new cards because what is the point to have the same pet but just a different card. I was hoping for at least a Minotaur or a Treant or even a pixie, etc. but not even that. I think others will agree with me on this.

Survivor
May 26, 2008
I agree. I was hoping for a whole new set of pets as well not the same ones with different stats.

Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
They are worth it though. The ninja pig may not be "new" but this one gives 6% defense in all stats

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
6% isn't that much. Ice wizards can get more, easily.

For they're price, they're not really worth it. I mean, $10 could get you a movie at a theater, or something even more worthwhile. I mean, the ninja pig is $20, and for 6% defense in all stats...that's just crazy. 20% is a third of my year's subscription. So 6% defense in all stats equals 4 months of gameplay. Do you realize how far I could get in 4 months? Far enough that 6% defense really wouldn't do me any good. Especially if I found the Satyr pet. 2 700 health cards are a lot better than 6% defense. I got 5% with heartsteel, for 4000 gold, and it was barely noticeable. And also a lot cheaper. What, like 4 or 5 hours farming the Kraken? It's sad they took crowns items out of shops,[sarcasm] but I guess if we can afford it they can't let us buy them, because that would be silly. They wouldn't make any money then.[/sarcasm]

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
well even though the ninja pig does give this ability still why not invent a new pet with those same stats why have something we already know about when they can try to give us something new they are truly disappointing me right now hopefully they come through with new gift cards with better pets then the ones right now and with better amounts in these things such as in amounts of 15 or 25 would be nice

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I guess KI is really disappointing people this month. First with the Enhanced Boss fights and now with the Gift Cards. They keep this up next month they wont have anyone to want to play their game. I am sorry for having to say these things but it seems to me that KI just doesnt seem to care about anything this month. I like this game and enjoy it very much BUT dont want to end up paying for the same pets but with new stats, if I wanted the same pets than I would go to the pet store or Bazaar in WC and buy them for cheaper than at 7-11 or Rite Aid or even Blockbuster.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
Yea I did not like the stats for the new pets. Not worth buying this time around. The $20 ninja is month is not even worth it. Guess I wait till next month.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I too am disappointed that we didn't get new pets this month. I thought with each new set, there would be appropriate pets.

Maybe it will change. We have to remember that KI is still new at this.

Also remember that in the update today they did address quite a few of the things we didn't like. They deserve thanks for that. Not many companies listen to their customers like that. :-D

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
The defender pig rocks! If is didnt why do grandmasters wear it instead of their level 48 pet? I think KI has offered us some new cool pets and btw I have seen some that arent out yet but wont say what they are. I also would think if they came out with a really cool pet with a strong card it should be sold for crowns only. They need to make some money to keep adding new things and generate jobs in this terrible economy we are in.

Hero
May 19, 2009
am i missing something here, but dont the cards also come with CROWNS! the pets are just a bonus, most people buy them for the crowns not the pets, so all of you stop complaning. and no one is going to stop playing just because they didnt get the pets they want, as for the bugs most of them were fixed in a week

i for one think KI has done a great job with a great game

Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
I agree with you Darth..KI has been working great to make their players happy, and I'm SURE that they will continue to work on many "bugs" that are in the game and outside the game Instead of complaning try to suggest to KI about what can they work on to improve the game. ;)
Be glad that KI are one to take everyone's suggestions into consideration and try to include all suggetions some how

So, THANK YOU KI and staff :-)
I love the GAME

Grace Frostpetal~lvl48
<3
TylerWintertail~lvl49

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
Some people use them for crowns, while some use them to pay for their monthly game.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I agree with DarthNexus...they are a freebie...

By the way, anyone find one at Blockbuster yet?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
actually we get enough pets as it is but has it occured to anyone that maybe a free set of good armor could come along with the gift card instead of the free pet? by the way why are these, the school pets, and the pets bought with crowns the only ones that give boosts, they should give more special abilities to all the other pets out there.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
I don't understand why some of you are equating the price of the pets to the value of the card.

The pets are an added bonus to the cards value.

When you buy a card, you are buying either the dollar values equivalent in corwns, or the dolla values equivalent in subscription time. The pet is an ADDED BONUS.

But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if some people bought the card just to get the pet haha.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Hi all...

Just got to a Blockbuster that finally had cards...sigh.

I find the card...$10..not bad, I think, especially when the picture is of a Heliphant.

I log on, and they tell me I got a Blue Dragon. Opps, sure enough, if you pull out a magnifying glass, there is a little Blue Dragon in the corner. I didn't need a pet, especially one that gives yet another mini-dragon, and this one gives 'Mend Minion'.

Thankfully I needed the crowns.

But be warned, look at the card carefully, not the main artwork, but the little...read, small, hidden, in the corner...for the actual pet.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
My thought exactly, how do we know we are not buying the same pet from Rite Aid and 7-11 if they look the same? Why not have put different pets instead of the same ones from the previous month?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
I think the card was pretty obvious on showing what pet it gives you...there is a big star chat bubble saying "Free Pet" next to the picture of the pet you are going to recieve. I bought the $20 dollar one though, not the $10 dollar one, so maybe they don't have that.

I bought one of each of the $20 dollar cards: One gave a battle pig with 6% defense that gives a dryad card, and another battle pig, but this one gives 50 health, and an infection card. I was very dissapointed. I thought i was buying another pig with 6% defense and the dryad. Was there a post saying there was a change in what the pets give? I must have missed it. The new pet is a waste of $20 dollars in my opinion...thank goodness for the crowns that come with it.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
I think the card was pretty obvious on showing what pet it gives you...there is a big star chat bubble saying "Free Pet" next to the picture of the pet you are going to recieve. I bought the $20 dollar one though, not the $10 dollar one, so maybe they don't have that.

No, I have a $20 in front of me. ALL the artwork is Ninja Pig. If you look at the Heliphant card, it is the major artwork, with a small, about 1/5 the area, of the ninja pig card. Very hard to miss. As I mentioned, I didn't need another pet, just letting people know what they could get (I actually purchased additional crowns without card last night...need crowns...ummm, maybe I am addicted to this game? 8) )

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Do you guys understand it takes time to develope new things? They need time to create this stuff they cant use magic to make them appear. Just give them time dont back em' in a corner every time you have a problem. Send in the problem so you can get somewhere with it. Sorry if you thought I was rude but its just the way it is.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Did any of you ever stop and READ what the programers of this game have said about it? It takes them a MONTH with SEVERAL PROGRAMERS to put together ONE SPELL!

ONE SPELL PEOPLE! and you are complaining because they do not have new pets every month to satisfy you!? If you leave the game beause of that...

well i think you actions say it all then.

KI is working hard for this game and have put out some great things. But they can not just work day in and day out, 24/7 just to appease you. They do have lives and familys to tend too!!!

Give them a break. Dont complain about it. Offer suguestions about this BUT do not expect to see those things for a few months. COME ON!

Yes I am being rude and witchy but the game is wonderful. You can not expect LARGE THINGS when you give them the time of nothing to do it in!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
People have to remember that its not that easy to just add code into a game like this. There are many factors that come into play.

You complain about stuff they give you "free" along with the crowns you paid for. If you don't like it then go play a game that you have to pay for every month or else and you get nothing free. Thats how most games are.

I for one think KI is doing a wonderful job of things. Sure there are bugs but hey its an MMO your going to have bugs (anyone remember UO or EQ). Plus its a MMO that I can play with my son (who is 9) and I don't have to worry about some random person hitting on him ingame or some other odd thing.

Keep up the good work KI. All things are hit and miss. You win some you lose some.

PS just give the Ninja Pig card hehe

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
I actually quite liked the new gift card pets... :-P i don't think they're the same. The only thing that is similar is that they are the same animal but just with a cute little add on or a different color. :-D the only thing i didn't really like was the things the pet's gave you. I mean come on, were gonna pay 10$ for a pet that gives you LIGHTNING BATS? :-( :-( But I do like that it gives you a subscription for a month or a bunch of crowns. :-) The only 3 pets that i liked what they gave were the flamezilla, (especially since you can where it at any level :-D ) the scout pig, and the magical dragon. well thats all I have to say. Oh yeah i think they should lower the prices to 5$ for the cheaper ones and 15$ for the better ones. ;)

Survivor
May 24, 2009
I didnt even get my pet when i put in my gift card code! does anyone know what i did wrong?

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Blazian wrote:
6% isn't that much. Ice wizards can get more, easily.

For they're price, they're not really worth it. I mean, $10 could get you a movie at a theater, or something even more worthwhile. I mean, the ninja pig is $20, and for 6% defense in all stats...that's just crazy. 20% is a third of my year's subscription. So 6% defense in all stats equals 4 months of gameplay. Do you realize how far I could get in 4 months? Far enough that 6% defense really wouldn't do me any good. Especially if I found the Satyr pet. 2 700 health cards are a lot better than 6% defense. I got 5% with heartsteel, for 4000 gold, and it was barely noticeable. And also a lot cheaper. What, like 4 or 5 hours farming the Kraken? It's sad they took crowns items out of shops,[sarcasm] but I guess if we can afford it they can't let us buy them, because that would be silly. They wouldn't make any money then.[/sarcasm]

the defender pig is really good for people who love pvp so they want as so much resistance as they can have really good defense i mean the maz you can have is 46 percent so your basically like a living tower shield and if you look at a lot of good arena players you will see they have a defender pig so i think its worth it plus you get the 20,000 crowns or a 2 month subscription so your getting more then just the pet