Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So what's the point of Grizzleheim again?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 23, 2009
Well, I have been playing Wizard101 for a little over a month now and am almost at GrandMaster in Dragonspyre.

In my opinion, honestly, Grizzleheim is a break from the slaughter in Dragonspyre. Dragonspyre is challenging, and it should be. I think the best part about adding the new world is the anticipation for 'What will be next' (Because EVERYONE knows that there's nothing NEXT after defeating Malistare yet). SO, I do think that eventually, Grizzleheim will help tie in to the Story Line of Malistares defeat. It seems to me that Grizzleheim is getting harder as I go through it, which is what I kind of expected.

I mean seriously people, it has to be easy before it gets difficult, thats the way everything is. Did you really think you could Walk before you crawled???

I just think you people talking about cancelling your accounts and wondering what the point is need to calm down and be patient. Because, guess what, the people that created this game are people too and creating a game and updates takes time. I even bet they have everything sorted out with the Story line and such already. I also think they have done an awesome job with this game.

Of course there are bugs and things that need improvement. Sure the Crafting thing is new and seems ackward and challenging. Sure the bosses are harder. Sure the plot doesnt tie yet. Sure Grizzleheim may seem like a way to keep you occupied for now. But nothing in life is perfect, even Movies that you pay $10 per person to watch at the theatre arent perfect. and how many times a month do you go to a movie? 2, 3, more? Thats A LOT more than purchasing this game a month. Seriously the money for this game is worth it.
Just gain patience people and try it all out. Send KI constructive critisism and let them know what you think. They are working very diligently all the time on updates and your opinions matter, but be constructive about them and have patience.

Thanks KI for all of your hard work and for giving me such a value for my money and for the constant updates! I have patience for 'What will be next!'

~David SoulFlame
Pyromancer Wizard
Level 47

Survivor
May 16, 2009
If you are past lvl 20, just use Grizzleheim to level up more so you can beat the storyline bosses in the linear worlds. It does help, believe it or not, and it provides a way to make the boss battles easier to complete. If you don't like leveling up through Grizz, don't play it. Simple as that.

KI is using Grizzleheim as a base for future quests in the linear worlds, as well as to draw more new players into the game and get crowns players and subscriptions. It was a sound business decision, even if it does aggravate some of the "more accomplished" players. Bottom line is that if you don't like the way Grizzleheim is presented or played, DON'T PLAY IT. Don't complain about something that is good for the younger players or the ones who NEED leveling up because they are trying to beat these new and improved bosses and actually get an edge in their playing experience.

I was not completely happy with the fact that Grizz wasn't a logically linear world, but in the long run, it can be quite amusing, and for the younger players, it is alternately fun and hilarious to them. Try sitting a 5 year old in front of the computer when you're playing against the Grendels or other opponents and see how infectious their laughter is - this game is designed for THEM, the children and kids who come to play this game because it is fun, different, and exciting. Don't bash what you obviously don't understand.

Get to Dragonspire and fight Malistaire repeatedly if you want a challenge. I can guarantee you'll have fun trying to figure out how to beat him enough times to get your class robes. ;)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
KyPoBoy wrote:

As for the "new and improved bosses", What the... Why not just give us a message that tells us, "You're Defeated" when we walk through the door and send us straight to the commons? KI you really need to change this. Not necessarily back to the way it was, but definitely not the way it is now. I'm sure your intensions were good by trying to make the bosses more challenging, but there is a difference in challenging and impossible. Especially for solo players like myself. Necromancer=solo, alone, by ones self, without the aid of others, me myself and I. Get the picture?

I'm also a solo Necromancer. I finished Big Ben yesterday and it took forever by myself because Meowiarty wouldn't let me use damage buffs. My minion basically killed the enemies while I healed the whole time.

Defender
May 15, 2009
SingingRose wrote:
Don't bash what you obviously don't understand.

The OP wasn't 'bashing'; his whole point was that he didn't understand.

Be careful...this thread is starting to critisise posters rather than their arguments.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
CinnamonSpider wrote:
KyPoBoy wrote:

As for the "new and improved bosses", What the... Why not just give us a message that tells us, "You're Defeated" when we walk through the door and send us straight to the commons? KI you really need to change this. Not necessarily back to the way it was, but definitely not the way it is now. I'm sure your intensions were good by trying to make the bosses more challenging, but there is a difference in challenging and impossible. Especially for solo players like myself. Necromancer=solo, alone, by ones self, without the aid of others, me myself and I. Get the picture?

I'm also a solo Necromancer. I finished Big Ben yesterday and it took forever by myself because Meowiarty wouldn't let me use damage buffs. My minion basically killed the enemies while I healed the whole time.

Think Meowiarty is tough, wait until you have to fight the three brothers in Grizzleheim. They are Death, Life, and Storm with one having 9000 health and the other two having 8000 health. Oh yea, and they have a Death minion with just over 1000 health. These four have to be fought at the same time. Once again I was forced to seek the aid of two other Grandmaster. When the battle was finally over two of us suffered severe injuries and the third had lost at least half his life.
This battle made Malistare look like a rank 1 kitty cat. (except when he had 100,000 health...thanks for taking him back to 10,000 KI :D)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If you are a Grand Master and go back and fight Malistair again, you will still defeat him, but this time there is a link back to the Headmaster that will send you to Grizzlehiem on a new quest instead of back to the classroom that does not exist since there are no new spells to learn, For all I know you may be able to go directly to the Headmaster without fighting Malistair again. Where the story line leads is yet to be seen.
I had been to Grizzlehiem to help a friend with some higher level bosses comparable to what we have seen in Dragonspyre, but was not able to pick up any of the quests until after my last encounter with Malistair and that was just for fun. His health level of 100,000 was not fun and would not have gone there again if he had not been returned to normal at 10,000 health.
Grizzlehiem is more open and airy. Nice to see a little more nature rather than stuffy tower rooms. And, by the way, I am a Grand Master Pyromancer.