Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mist Wood

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Why is Mist Wood so hard to find? 1 hour running around looking and NOTHING! Very frustrating. :-(

Defender
May 15, 2009
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
every piece i've ever found was on grass in some part of Triton Avenue...some near Sgt. Skullsplitter, some near teleporter next to Kraken, some near Harvest Lord tower, some near grassy "islands" in the middle of the street.

im sure it can be found in other areas, but i've managed to find a total of 8 pieces accidentally while running around doing other quests.

good luck

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
You are not alone.

Whenever I log into the game, there is at least one person going nuts over trying to find Mist Wood.

I think they should crank up the spawn rate of all resources, because with others it is just the same. I personally spent 3 hours 'till I found a piece. That really makes me think that due to this one can forget about any form of serious crafting.

Really I'm a big crafting fan, but without resources at your disposal it is pointless.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Mist wood is like cash it can disappear very quickly, as far as where its at it can be found anywhere around wizard city or even other worlds. Most common places are Firecat alley, collusus boulevard, tritan avenue, or cyclops lane. Look around the houses in those places or in the patches in the middle of the streets. If there is none then most likely someone has cleared it out and it take a while to respawn. Just switch servers till you find some.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
You guys are going about it all wrong. Even though the quest says wizard city, instead, go to Vigrid Highlands. I found plenty of mist wood and cat tails there.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Yes but not everyone can go to Vigrid Highlands. Why does everyone think that everyone can go to where others can go? The spawn rate needs to be higher especially for Mist Wood and especially in WC because that is where many free players can go and because of that there is too many people finding the reagents and tehy are not spawning faster. I spent 3 hours myself running around WC trying to find mist wood and to me it was like trying to find proof of bigfoot or the loch ness monster.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
moviebuff3000 wrote:
Yes but not everyone can go to Vigrid Highlands. Why does everyone think that everyone can go to where others can go? The spawn rate needs to be higher especially for Mist Wood and especially in WC because that is where many free players can go and because of that there is too many people finding the reagents and tehy are not spawning faster. I spent 3 hours myself running around WC trying to find mist wood and to me it was like trying to find proof of bigfoot or the loch ness monster.

I just have this picture in my mind of lemmings going off a cliff...don't gather in the heavy use times and in anything other than 'perfect' realms. Treat it as if you had a slow computer, and go where, and WHEN, others aren't.

If you can't get on at odd times, just wait till things die down and things will be more friendly. Like a movie opening, it is better getting a seat the second weekend. Patience is a virtue :)

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
Moviebuff, I do not disagree that the spawn rates are too low; especially when the quest says to find them around Wizard City. So players can either complain while running around Wizard City for hours, or they can adapt until if/and they make changes to spawn rates.

It may also be an issue that spawn rates are just fine, it is just that EVERYONE is looking in Wizard City right now for them. Supply and Demand, so to speak.

I simply tried to help a problem. It is up to you guys to choose the solution.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I agree that Mist Wood, along with all the other crafting ingredients, are too difficult to collect. It is mayhem trying to find anything until most of of gaming population has logged off and gone to bed.

When I read that Crafting was going to be a new game addition, I thought "That would be great, especially since they are removing any decent armor from the shops. I can't wait to see what wonderous equipment I will be able to make!"

After visiting all the worlds and checking out what kind of recipies were out there, can you imagine my disappointment when I saw what kind of stats were available for crafted equipment? Definitely not worth the effort!