Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to the Treasure Cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
Zzatdragon wrote:
ProfessorDrake wrote:
You can also buy treasure cards in the Bazaar..

yes you can buy treasure cards at the bazaar for a arm and a leg!!
to buy a pixie card for healing 1600 gold(at library) come on! a little costly dont you think.

i accept price's on cards going up some thats fine but 1600 for a heal card WOW thats a little to much.

But over all it is still a good game,and thanks for listening to the people on the forums and the quickness of your replys,great job

m.redblood
grandmaster death school

I wont pay it but I was tempted when I noticed it doesnt say self only. unless they changed that too when I wasn't looking.

Also, when I go through ravenwood, all the trees have treasure cards buttons EXCEPT my school tree.

As for the not using any cards? I never really bought treasure cards till I got tired of my team mates getting killed. It is also why I created my life wizard. But since I mostly solo, mostly because almost no one is on at some parts of the day, I need the heal cards.

When you have a wizard with under 1000 health (because the boss only drops clothes for her other schools) it is really hard to fight a lvl 2000 or 3000 boss who has two friends who are almost your lvl. unless you have the ability to go to your treasure cards to heal. Also I have had many battles where the heal cards just never came up in my hand. and as long as we are on that topic, isnt reshuffle a treasure card?

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Since they raised the price on treasure cards at the libraries I get broke even faster. Also why can i only craft treasure cards from my school of focus? Thats just dumb. If i wanted to make treasure cards from my school of focus i would just buy a Tough or Keen eyes. I think that we should be able to craft treasure cards from other schools except our own. That would make it WAY better. Like we can make balenceblades, satyr, dryad, minotaur, tower shields, etc.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
viperwew wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
From now on, only some Treasure Cards will be sold in the Libraries. Instead of buying Treasure Cards, players will be able to Craft Treasure Cards that correspond to their primary school.

my kids play this game and are having trouble with creating the cards. They don't understand and get upset and stop playing. When something that isn't broke you don't fix it. Creating may be fun for others but not for all.
:) :D you have to a card crafting table

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
lolasparks wrote:
THANK GOD! i thought it was me.... why would anyone want to craft there own school cards when we get them for free...logic would tell anyone even the great minds that make this cool game that everyone would like to craft other school cards....i am with the mom that says her kids get mad and turn off the game...since the change i have done that a few time...change is good...most of the time...but this is crazy...

The only crafting cards from your school are the 48 ones that are worth it anyone agree?

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
Coreyvette wrote:
Once I completed the first Grizzleheim quest where you go and talk to the librarians and store keepers the treasure cards that the librarians sell in The Commons and The Oasis are only defense cards. What happened to all the offense cards?

maybe just a glitch :?

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
Well we can also make treasure cards with tough, keen eyes, strong, accurate, giant, sniper, monstrous so what's the big deal with making them by doing crafting from our school only? At least let us craft other school cards. Besides making our school cards with enchantment cards like tough or keen eyes is easier except for prisms and shields and others.

Travis Smith Lvl 49, Ravenscar, Pyromancer | David Deathblade Lvl 31, Royal Museum, Necromancer | Cody Pants Lvl 13, Palace of Fire, Myth

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Zzatdragon wrote:
ProfessorDrake wrote:
You can also buy treasure cards in the Bazaar..

yes you can buy treasure cards at the bazaar for a arm and a leg!!
to buy a pixie card for healing 1600 gold(at library) come on! a little costly dont you think.

i accept price's on cards going up some thats fine but 1600 for a heal card WOW thats a little to much.

But over all it is still a good game,and thanks for listening to the people on the forums and the quickness of your replys,great job

m.redblood
grandmaster death school

Actually, you only just have to buy/sell smart at the Bazaar...

If you're buying a treasure card (or anything else) that there isn't too many available of, then you're going to pay that arm and a leg. But if you wait till there's at least 75 available? Then you're going to pay a lot lower price for that same card. Especially if there's not a lot of people in the bazaar, also buying thus driving up the prices for the same cards.

Personally, I don't buy any anything (especially higher level gold cards) from the Bazaar unless there's 80 or more available and when there's fewer people on-line playing/buying. I do similar for regent farming, for the crafting quests.

When I'm selling? I pick the busiest time and when an item is most 'rare' that he's selling. That way I get paid more for the item, as well as they sell as quick as I'm selling them, thus keeping my sell average price at it's optimum highest selling price.

Also doing 'comparison shopping/buying' is a great tatic. Bounce between the vendors/Library and bazaar to find who has the best deal(s) for whatever you're wanting to buy or sell at that time.

But then again...I'm the type of shopper in real life, that actually takes a list, calculator, coupons, and tax card to go shopping in real life to save a penny here or there. I just apply those same real life shopping habits to my game play here.