Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to the Treasure Cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
Once I completed the first Grizzleheim quest where you go and talk to the librarians and store keepers the treasure cards that the librarians sell in The Commons and The Oasis are only defense cards. What happened to all the offense cards?

Administrator
From now on, only some Treasure Cards will be sold in the Libraries. Instead of buying Treasure Cards, players will be able to Craft Treasure Cards that correspond to their primary school.

community@wizard101.com
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Why would I want treasure cards from my own school I can make them if that were my goal. Besides that, forces us to have to trade with others and that leaves so many at the mercy of the one who's cards you want or need.

Crafting is fine but why is everything all or nothing with you guys?

Taking away the cards forces low levels to BEG for the better spells from higher levels who don't really want to be bothered every time they hit wiz city.

I am a high level and I don't want to always be asked and pleaded with especially now that i have turned off friend requests to go there in the first place.

Honestly I don't think you are playing this game. Mark my words when the new features get older and things get back to normal the begging will begin.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I really dont quite understand how to make treasure cards. ugh. It should go back to the way it was. getting treasure cards should be simple not complicated. :x :?

Survivor
Jun 25, 2008
Survivor
May 31, 2009
I totally agree. It seems the only way to get treasure cards that aren't from your school are to buy them with crowns. Hmmm...what a money making scam! Also the cards in the libraries are more expensive now. It used to be 25 coins for a defense shield, now it's 75. The price triples.
Somethings not right. You guys need to go back to the way it was. Crafting is fine, expecially for rare rings, clothings, amulets, but put the treasure cards back the way they were.

Sojourna wrote:
Why would I want treasure cards from my own school I can make them if that were my goal. Besides that, forces us to have to trade with others and that leaves so many at the mercy of the one who's cards you want or need.

Crafting is fine but why is everything all or nothing with you guys?

Taking away the cards forces low levels to BEG for the better spells from higher levels who don't really want to be bothered every time they hit wiz city.

I am a high level and I don't want to always be asked and pleaded with especially now that i have turned off friend requests to go there in the first place.

Honestly I don't think you are playing this game. Mark my words when the new features get older and things get back to normal the begging will begin.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
From now on, only some Treasure Cards will be sold in the Libraries. Instead of buying Treasure Cards, players will be able to Craft Treasure Cards that correspond to their primary school.

my kids play this game and are having trouble with creating the cards. They don't understand and get upset and stop playing. When something that isn't broke you don't fix it. Creating may be fun for others but not for all.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
The only thing I like about this new update is the Bazaar and Crafting to get the badges. I recommend to people that they should respond by saving your gold. I recommend not buying treasure cards at all. I figured out at a certain level when I was through the not buying crowns stage that it was a waste of money. Just use the cards in your deck and your secondary school. You can still defeat monsters without treasure cards! I'm probably going to buy a gift certificate if that goes through instead of the buy crowns because I could buy a subscription.

Anyway you can still discard if you want or feel like it. Sometimes I forget and I discard then draw, but then I just click pass. Sometimes you can get treasure cards from drops but I tend to use them straight away if necessary.

Now there is a button to stop trade requests thank god. So even if your friends with some one turning trade request off stops the annoying button of trade showing up. :-)

So Grizzleheim is good. I think they should of put a pet shop and a housing shop. I'm wondering about those races they promised that they would add!

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
I don't get the whole crafting the treasure cards in your own school. I buy the treasure cards from other schools if I get into a pickle in a battle. I don't need 10 fire elf cards, since I already have that as my school and I don't need to make it. Since I don't have ice I collect snowmen treasure cards to help out there. I don't have life on this character and I buy a lot of sprite cards to help others out in battle. Now if you don't at least choose life as your secondary, you can't help your friends out. Not nice at all.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
if we are going to have to craft the cards it should not be just our school, it should be any school but ours. the treasure cards system was not broke so why did you try to fix it?

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
crafting take to much time away from playing the game,to much time running around trying to find the thing you need to make a card.

I am sorry but crafting just make the game very long and boring.

Ingredients are to few and to far inbetween and we have to buy ingredients,then the money for beating monsters need to be much higher with more treasure cards given as well(equal to the monster you defeat)

I can deal with the way the battle have changed and the other updates but crafting really needs to be fixed it is not put togeather well at all.

Survivor
May 31, 2008
You can also buy treasure cards in the Bazaar..

“To control the Future, one must look to the Past.”
Survivor
Nov 08, 2008
I've played a lot of other types of online games, and they all have some type of crafting in them, but unfortunately wizard 101s crafting is very sub par.
No one is ever really going to use it. I've soloed the whole game up until Dragonspyre where I currently am. Why waste my time now going back to level up my crafting?

Sorry Wizard 101 you should have playtested this better.

Explorer
Feb 11, 2009
treasure cards is teh exact opposite of how it should have been. unless you are going to make some new spells that are treasure card only, there is absolutely no reason to make a treasure card. and i bought a stupid table for it before i realized teh only thing i could make is teh stuff i already have in my deck. from any angle i can come up with i can not make this make any sense at all. If i didnt know better i would say that you hired another mmo's team and let them make the same mistakes here. you have made some really poor decisions lately and are already backpedalling on the boss one. At least you arent letting the ego get in the way and are recognizing that was a bad move. now fix the crafting quests and if anything switch it so that you CAN"T craft your schools cards, only other schools. think about it prof, you show disdain for teaching anyone your myth spells why would you let your students make a card without training?

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
Yes the game should go back the way it was and I guess you can keep the crafting but it should be in tasks to get a rare item of some sort and the intrrupt thing is making me mad case there is one battle in grizzlheim that there are three bosses and on elite and all they do is intturupt whene we try to heal this was almost the last boss in an instance now i think that is crazy that they can do things we cant at least give one class a spell for the wizards to do it.

Fred Gooldenblood
master of life
lvl 48

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
I agree this crafting business is taking too much time. I do not want to have to stop my game play to go searching around for items that may or may not help me. I already have enough issues beating DS as it is. If I do need a treasure card, I want to be able to go get one readily as I need.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
ProfessorDrake wrote:

Oh sure you can if you can get it to load without it timing out because so many people are hitting it and at triple the price you were paying from the library.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I was glad to see the treasure cards in the bazaar, especially after I saw how much work and expense was involved in crafting some of the nicer treasure cards.

BTW, I do love the bazaar. I think it is a great idea. I do wish, however, that for some of the garment items, they could be further split up into school searches since some have so many pages of items to them.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
i say i do not like this crafting for treasure cards i still have like 2 full pages of treasure cards any way i just turned lv 30 today and its gotten easier but still i really wish that could just buy the cards at the library and what i dont like is now when i need treasure cards i can only use the death treasure cards and not my secondary schools mighty stomzilla so change this crafting wizard 101 or else i am not going to be playing and i am a big fan

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
ProfessorDrake wrote:

Read from the great Drake! I found this it and its actually easier than going to the shops.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
THANK GOD! i thought it was me.... why would anyone want to craft there own school cards when we get them for free...logic would tell anyone even the great minds that make this cool game that everyone would like to craft other school cards....i am with the mom that says her kids get mad and turn off the game...since the change i have done that a few time...change is good...most of the time...but this is crazy...

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Okay, for me, I don't see the point with crafting, because I can never even draw a treasure card! Even when I put them in, the draw button is never working! Why should I waste time crafting if I won't be able to use it? I got to say, crafting makes no sense in my head, really.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
EvilSeaOtter wrote:
Okay, for me, I don't see the point with crafting, because I can never even draw a treasure card! Even when I put them in, the draw button is never working! Why should I waste time crafting if I won't be able to use it? I got to say, crafting makes no sense in my head, really.
to get the draw to light up you have to right click on a card you don't want, then ta da the draw is lite and you can draw if you want cards back you have discarded use reshuffle.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
I think I understand the wizard101 creators ideas they probably meant for crafting to be for lower leveled players to get a chance at seeing the advanced cards, and also so they don't go buy a hundred stormzillas or somthing. the new way is useless to lvl 40+. I, anyways, never used treasure cards besides wyldefire.

what I do not understand is why do you tell wiz101 they did a bad job THEY created the game AND if they get to where THEY think the game is no fun for US they will shut it down so why say bad job?

~Valdus IcePyre

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
ProfessorDrake wrote:

yes you can buy treasure cards at the bazaar for a arm and a leg!!
to buy a pixie card for healing 1600 gold(at library) come on! a little costly dont you think.

i accept price's on cards going up some thats fine but 1600 for a heal card WOW thats a little to much.

But over all it is still a good game,and thanks for listening to the people on the forums and the quickness of your replys,great job

m.redblood
grandmaster death school