Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to make the fight with Jotun easyier!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Okay to make this fight a little bit fairer and stuff this is what you need to do.

First fight Ullik in Helgrind Warren and Gretter in Winterdeep Warren before you go to fight Jotun in the Hall of Valor.

If you fight the two brothers before they will not be there to help Juton.

Hope that help a lot of you!

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Runstorm1981 wrote:
Okay to make this fight a little bit fairer and stuff this is what you need to do.

First fight Ullik in Helgrind Warren and Gretter in Winterdeep Warren before you go to fight Jotun in the Hall of Valor.

What if we beat them before we got the quest, will they still not be there?

Survivor
Mar 17, 2009
um fighting those brothers is like fighting level 10 monsters they should be knocked down a little like at 2500 life points dont you think?

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
I am not sure. I haven't tried it yet. I got the info off another site. And the place I got it is pretty reliable. I just posted it here so it would help people out.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
if you dont want to fight the brothers of jotun you can just get a death storm and fire and life and stack stuff up on jotun then the storm, fire and death do there best attack and destroy jotun. Then the others fall apart.

Runstorm1981 wrote:

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
Runstorm1981 wrote:

Okay, he's completely correct. My brother and I (Balance & Ice) went through all of Grizzleheim together, and did not need help for any of these battles except for the very last one with StormFather.

1. Althought the maze is really fusterating in the Winterdeep Warren, do it anyway, and if you go in with too people, have one go into battle in the maze, and the other run around them, to get to the other side, then the one in battle either flee, or press esc.

2. For the Helgrind Warren it is a bit more difficult. I do believe you have to go through atleast 5 bosss before you get to the brother of Jotun, but trust me, its well worth it.

3. In the finals with Jotun, if you have defeated the two brothers, the ending will be suprisingly easier. When we fought him, we killed off the minion first, which made Jotun stop healing, and didn't even heal himself. In the end, stacked up with feints, blades, and hex's, killed him with a Judgment. Anyone who kills the two brothers first will be in perfect shape to defeat Jotun.

Happy fighting. (:
Myrna MistMender
Level 50 Ice Grandmaster

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
If I do one brother one day and another a different day wll it still count as both?

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
irishfanpro wrote:
If I do one brother one day and another a different day wll it still count as both?

Yes. The zone is divided into three seperate instances. I do believe that once you kill a brother, it is dead forever (in terms of Jotun fight, I am sure you can still fight said brother again in his own instance)

And yes, Kendall has it right. The first time I tried to solo (with brothers), the fight was impossible. Jotun was throwing out pip free judgements for over a thousand damage each round. Even with four grandmasters, I think the only way the fight is doable, is if everyone works together to drop Jotun ASAP.

However, if you take the time to kill the brothers, Jotun does not seem to use Judgement anymore. In fact, he doesn't seem to use any special turns, and it is like a regular boss fight. I soloed it no problem.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Just for the record, I killed each brother one day, then came back to do Jotun and all his brothers were there helping him, so I don't see how they can be "dead forever".

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
tshane77 wrote:
Just for the record, I killed each brother one day, then came back to do Jotun and all his brothers were there helping him, so I don't see how they can be "dead forever".

He meant in the brother's own instance and I'm guessing you mean in Jotun's instance. Because I haven't had them come back to the Jotun fight ever again once I had killed them in their own instances.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
That's what I am talking about, I killed each brother in their own instances, then went to Jotun the next day and all the brothers were still there helping him.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2008
Any friends that go with you must also have done both instances, or the brothers will still come to help. You may have defeated both brothers, but did any friends who came with you do the same? If not, then you need to run them through the side intsances too.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
Thank you! This thread has been very helpful. Now it seems doable.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
wolfvane101 wrote:
um fighting those brothers is like fighting level 10 monsters they should be knocked down a little like at 2500 life points dont you think?

yes i believe so maybe more me and two level 50's killed all three in like an hour and a half sooooo i would kill the brothers then fight them it would make it alot easier hoped this helped!

Survivor
May 13, 2009
Great Gaia! Now someone tells me! It took me and two other dudes fighting, being defeated, the fainted dudes fleeing and then porting back after using a potion and rinse and repeat (and an hour and a half) to beat all of them. Well I am not going back in there now the quest is done (well I do have to go into Winderdeep Warren for the book but that's not an issue). Even still, that was even harder to beat than Malistaire (or so I have been told. I haven't been in Dragonspyre for almost a month. Been busy in Grizzleheim). Ah well, live and learn right?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Me and my dad (Myth and Death) beat Jotun and his brothers on our own, barely, but we still did it. I like fighting all of them at the same time, it's so much better than the fight with Malistaire, even if the loot isn't as good.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:
Me and my dad (Myth and Death) beat Jotun and his brothers on our own, barely, but we still did it. I like fighting all of them at the same time, it's so much better than the fight with Malistaire, even if the loot isn't as good.

I found three other people to help me yesterday to beat Jotun and his brothers. It took almost an hour and my quest still tells me to beat Jotun. What do I do?

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
well i think the jotun quest is pretty diffcult i dont think that so man people have pass it so if you could make it less diffcult to some people

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
chrisrock786 wrote:
how do u get the quest anyway

You have to be at level 40 and complete the quest of Savarstand and Mirkholm. Once you do these, you will get an audience with the king and he will give you the quest.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
rhjazzman wrote:
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:

I found three other people to help me yesterday to beat Jotun and his brothers. It took almost an hour and my quest still tells me to beat Jotun. What do I do?

Yea that happened to me the first time I did the quest. Made me mad. Because it took 4 of us FOREVER to beat him. And this was before they changed the fighting back to regular. We kept dying and would have to port back. I died like 8 times before we finely won. And it took about 2 hrs or so to do it.

But I finely finished it later.

Survivor
May 21, 2008
Runstorm1981 wrote:
rhjazzman wrote:
OwnMaNoWaR wrote:

Yea that happened to me the first time I did the quest. Made me mad. Because it took 4 of us FOREVER to beat him. And this was before they changed the fighting back to regular. We kept dying and would have to port back. I died like 8 times before we finely won. And it took about 2 hrs or so to do it.

But I finely finished it later.

The reason why you didn't receive credit for the quest was because Jotun had already been killed by the last time you ported back. If you die or flee, then port back, and Jotun is not there because he's already been killed, you will not receive credit for killing him because it's considered a "new" fight when you return. What you want to do, if you know you're going to be porting back, is leave Jotun for last. This will ensure that he is present every time you port back, and ensure that you receive credit for the quest.

Survivor
May 25, 2009
i got a question um i dont know where jotun is me and my friends want to fight him but we cant find him... we found him but he was alone with a minion and he was in the middle door of that place i checked so many places and still coulnt find the hard real jotun what do i do..?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2009
just wanted to say thx ..ive been wondering how to beat jotun!!cant do it alone..tried a bunch lol..so im gonna try ur advice and see buy doing the others first...