Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Corrupted textures

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

I noticed after the update that the textures of several wallpapers and floor tiles are corrupted one way or another.
Some end up coloring the floor/walls plain white (so no texture whatsoever) and some give colored stripes as if someone smeared the colors out.

Did anyone else notice this as well or would it be just in my case?

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
yes my red and gold Wizardly Wallpaper is now pink and purple stripes! While all the housing things I have won are still there, I am missing a fireplace that I had purchased
Also I had started the quest to get the clothes made by Gloria Krendell in Olde Town Road for one of my wizards the night before the update and finished the quest after the update only to find that I did not receive any clothes.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
msiman5 wrote:
No, Thats happening to me too. My Wallpapers and Floor tiles are all lines.

My cornflower wallpaper is pink and purple and my patterned flooring was pink.

I can't stand that much pink. I only left the wall covering up because i didn't want my balance banner to blend in to the wall.

I took the flooring down.

I also bought a second set of the flooring and wallpaper that i had to see if it would happen again. It did.

I hope they get it fixed soon.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
yeah, i have the same problem, but i think its only with certain flooring and wallpapers cause only one of mine is like that. Also the fire place in both my houses are gone. Besides that everything else seems fine. It's probally something like the paintings that disappeared before. They will most likely fix it soon.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
artistd10353 wrote:
yes my red and gold Wizardly Wallpaper is now pink and purple stripes! While all the housing things I have won are still there, I am missing a fireplace that I had purchased
Also I had started the quest to get the clothes made by Gloria Krendell in Olde Town Road for one of my wizards the night before the update and finished the quest after the update only to find that I did not receive any clothes.

wow the same EXACT thing happened to me! lol

Administrator
We've narrowed this down a little.

The following Wallpapers and Floor tiles are affected by this bug:

1. Brickwork Wallpaper
2. Cornflower Wallpaper
3. Lavender Wallpaper
4. Patterned Floor Tile
5. Purple Wallpaper
6. Puzzler Wallpaper
7. Winterblue Wallpaper
8. Wizardly Wallpaper
9. Wizdoodle Wallpaper
10. Wood Slat Flooring
11. Wooden Floor Tiles
12. Wooden Flooring

If you have one or more of these items in your Castle, please know we are aware of the problem, and thank you all for your input.

We're working on a fix, but in the meantime, you can either leave them in place and enjoy the pink walls, or change them out until they are fixed.

Thanks again to everyone for your quick responses!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Gamma, thanks for the reply and for you guys looking into it.

I just replaced the bugged textures with something else that works well for the time being.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
I noticed that my fireplace in my house was missing and I had a pot of flowers floating in the air that was on top of my fireplace but I also had a basement and went down there and noticed that my fireplace was sticking out of the ceiling in my basement, so I picked it up an moved it back to where it was before. If your looking for missing furniture than either look up in the ceiling or look down in the floor. Also has anyone noticed that when you enter and area that has people in it that everyone shows up pink and huge but then adjusts to normal?