Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Treasure Cards

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
Does anyone know when or where we can start crafting treasure cards? I have just started crafting and I must say it is taking SO long to acquire materials / reagents that I have not gotten through very much of it yet. Then I finally get to the KT and find all the reagents to create two rings and now I have to wait an hour per ring and I am supposed to make three (duh, I wasn't paying attention when he told me lol). Its going to take forever for me to get to treasure cards if I have to go through all this other stuff first. I am hoping that treasure card crafting is not simply "place tough or keen eyes on the card that you want" because that will eliminate my ability to make shields and wards. And yes I know that shields are in the library but I didn't see any of the wards. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
You can start crafting treasure cards after the first crafting quest in olde town. You are limited to one or two cards until you get higher rank in crafting but just go to your class tree to learn the recipes. Also you can only make treasure cards of your main class. Crafting treasure cards are the same as crafting items, you have to collect a certain amount of different ingredients. Hope this helps and good luck.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
I am of the opinion that KI didn't think this through or whoever hasn't played the game with treasure cards. Right now it isn't worth going through the hassle of getting your crafting. Not only are they not worth the gold and effort but you can only craft cards in your school.
Case in Point:
LEPRECHAUN--CRAFTED 180-220 hit
Recipe-- costs 150 gold
then you need 2 crafted imps
5 coal, 6 mistwood, 1 red mandrake
The imps cost you 50 gold for the recipe and then 20 gold for each card plus hassle of finding the reagents.
So, one Leprechaun Treasure Card costs you 65 gold (not counting the cost of recipes) and all the hassle of collecting reagents.

I can go to the Treasure Card Shop and get a tough card for 25 gold, go make a Leprechaun Treasure Card and have a better one. HIT 230-270

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Nik54 wrote:
I am of the opinion that KI didn't think this through or whoever hasn't played the game with treasure cards. Right now it isn't worth going through the hassle of getting your crafting. Not only are they not worth the gold and effort but you can only craft cards in your school.
Case in Point:
LEPRECHAUN--CRAFTED 180-220 hit
Recipe-- costs 150 gold
then you need 2 crafted imps
5 coal, 6 mistwood, 1 red mandrake
The imps cost you 50 gold for the recipe and then 20 gold for each card plus hassle of finding the reagents.
So, one Leprechaun Treasure Card costs you 65 gold (not counting the cost of recipes) and all the hassle of collecting reagents.

I can go to the Treasure Card Shop and get a tough card for 25 gold, go make a Leprechaun Treasure Card and have a better one. HIT 230-270

amen

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
silentwalker77 wrote:
You can start crafting treasure cards after the first crafting quest in olde town. You are limited to one or two cards until you get higher rank in crafting but just go to your class tree to learn the recipes. Also you can only make treasure cards of your main class. Crafting treasure cards are the same as crafting items, you have to collect a certain amount of different ingredients. Hope this helps and good luck.

Actually, you can start making cards once you get to your school's tree, which puts a time delay on Balance and Death. Add in the fact that some schools, say, Death, need bones for their most basic spell....anyone find bones before Marleybone?

Yes, some schools can craft right away, and hopefully the Lifers can start doing so so they can pass out heal cards to we friends :)

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Other than for Life class and the ability for them to make Fairy treasure cards right now I don't see a big demand for this. As was posted earlier you can go to the treasure shop by Tough cards or Accuracy cards and make better cards.

Also life can make Accurate Healing cards which would be much better anyway since you would get 100% accuracy instead of 90%. (I've been a dead victim of the satyr treasure card fizzle several times on my Storm toon.)

For Death they are a little more damage crafted since making them the normal you you can only make them more accurate but I usually end up making lots of poison cards which at this time can't be done under crafting for my daughter's toon who is life and likes to use the poison on life mobs until she gets a prism up. I also make a lot of Scarecrows which again can't be crafted yet. So for me this is a bust in the crafting department.

How about anyone else?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
...anyone find bones before Marleybone?

Yes, some schools can craft right away, and hopefully the Lifers can start doing so so they can pass out heal cards to we friends :)

The splithoofs in Grizzlehime drop bones. That's slightly before Marleybone.

Also, Fairies require Imp cards to make, plus with the generally slow rate of reagent gathering compared to what you need, don't expect anyone to be giving out cards easily. (I've spent a couple hours wandering around Krokotopia after crafting was implemented, and I almost have the resources to get the second crafting badge. Plus, that item has a 3+ hour cool down, and you need 3 of them)

Survivor
May 06, 2009
Since there isn't a lot for my GM to do in the new update, I decided to try and do the crafting tasks so that I could try and craft some of the great furniture. Let me tell ya, this is not fun. It's expensive, time consuming and in the words of my ten year old, BORING.

Two days spent running around looking for sparsely populated reagents that take forever to re-spawn. Running and running and running, hopping from realm to realm for a couple pieces of scrap metal. Ugh! And I'm not even close to finding what I need. Did I mention this was boring? And tedious...no fun at all. Lots of work and lots of my hard earned gold for little reward.

The other problem is that we need a bank to keep all the reagents we find along the way but aren't ready to use. Carrying all this stuff around causes so much lag that I can barely move at all in MB. It's the same problem that I had when I had too much stuff in my backpack before so I always traveled as a lean, mean, fighting machine. Except now I have nowhere to store the reagents and they really slow things down to the point of almost being unable to play at all.