Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
blue mount on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
looking for conga drum anyone know where to find thanks
You must craft this ingredient, it has its own recipe you buy elsewhere.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Defender
Jun 17, 2012
you could buy the reagents needed from the wizard city bazzar shop if they don't have the reagent needed, wait a little bit. the reagent you need should appear.
I hope this helped!
Justin firethief level 77

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
I Very Curiouse about Turcouse ..this regent is very difficult to obtain.. I know there rare drops from bosses and inorder to craft in Azteca that's the main ingridenet what to do? another question.. When is new world after Azteca coming out

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Jose The Rican on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
I Very Curiouse about Turcouse ..this regent is very difficult to obtain.. I know there rare drops from bosses and inorder to craft in Azteca that's the main ingridenet what to do? another question.. When is new world after Azteca coming out
Turquoise is extracted from the macerated pituitary of the grand caiman (Dolerosuchus cipactli) and the counterclockwise tempestad spirit (Vortex antidromus) among many, many other species.

It takes about 70 pituitary glands to yield 1 mcg of alchemically pure turquoise.

You can also camp the bazaar and sometimes someone who doesn't craft, will open a pack of Pharaoh's Hoard and sell the reagents out of it, including turquoise. The best time to do this is when younger players are flocking to the server after school or after supper. 4-9 pm GMT - 5

Probably the worst time to do this is late at night/early morning, when it's mostly adults who tend to hang onto this reagent more tightfistedly than a traveling Chichimecatl on commission.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
you can check out the bazzar shop if you have any extra gold.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
If u go to the Chelsea Tower on chelsea court in Marleybone, keep switching realms and you'll get some, you can also get mist wood from it and occasionally stone

Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
I got Leather Straps from Grendel Urchins. I don't really craft anymore, so it was of no use to me, but I thought it would be good for crafters to know.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
I have found lots of stone block in crab alley.
I have gotten bone from defeating gobblers on colossus boulevard.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Mannequin crafters:

There's a mannequin-friendly hotspot in DS. Go to the Basilica, pick up the ore near Cyrus, then go to the Atheneum. Circle around by the minigame pads to pick up 2 ore and behind the Tower Archives door to pick up 2 stone blocks.

Then port back to the Basilica and go to the Necropolis. Up the ramp, to the right, past the Crystal girl and Nada Sunderblade, the lowest ring of the three-ring dais has 2-3 stone blocks.

Change realms from there, go backwards (Necropolis Basilica Atheneum) until you get your 80 ore and/or 80 stone blocks and any diamonds or fossils you need. Altogether it's faster and more efficient for the purposes of mannequin crafting than Crab Alley (no ore) or Stone Town.

Farm in Ravenscar for leather straps. Most ravens drop leather straps and Couch Potato seeds.

Halfang farming is the best way to get bronze gear. The more birds, the more bronze gears. On your way to Vestrilund, stop by the Harvest Bread bakery in Hrundle Fjord to find the scrap iron just right of it; and the other scrap iron under the farthest tree across from the Vestrilund log gate. (might get a spring too)

When you get to Halfang's ramp, two more ores and three black lotus are scattered on the ground near the foot of the ramp.

Happy mannequin-ing!

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I have found Cattails in Digmoore Station and those seem to respawn quickly! I have tons of reagents but I hate crafting.... do you think I should sell?

Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
mraleybone gives great scrap iron. take the first right on chelsea chourt and switch realms alot

Survivor
Jun 10, 2012
Tyler Greenstalker, Archmage Diviner

For stone blocks, look in abbey road and caliburn in avalon
or look behind the builiding in the atheneum
ore is everywhere is dragonspyre
kelp is in celestia and underwater places

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Ffoor on Jul 3, 2009 wrote:
Pretty much that's it. Those of us in testing complained the Reagent spawn timers were way to slow but evidently KI didn't believe us. Not that it really matters crafting items are low on the power side. No or little health/mana. Crapola.
No most crafting gear is what makes you awesome at pvp they are extremely powerful gear once as you start crafting gear in the world you are at that when you get the good stuff.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Flopinator on Jul 2, 2009 wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.
By the way there are reagent vendors where you can buys reagents one sells scrolls right in common area in krok and in Ds.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
where can i find Polymoth "Life" Treant at i need 5 of them and dont know where to find them ... Please help me...

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
ljfields on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
where can i find Polymoth "Life" Treant at i need 5 of them and dont know where to find them ... Please help me...
You can easily get those at the Archivist in District of the Stars, Celestia.

Erin FireSword, level 90

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Best places for me:

Cat Tails - MarleyBone or Wysteria - in all the fountains and pools
Deep Mushrooms - Krokosphinx
Stone Blocks & Mist Wood - Marleybone, namely Hyde Park & Knights Court
Black Lotus - Mooshu

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
some rare reagents:

scrap iron: the counterweights(mostly east)

kelp: deep warrens, crustacean empire

sunstone: end boss in trial of spheres(not worth it)

good luck, Sean Swiftsword

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
pablohosehead on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?
It's expensive, but if you want it fast, buy it in the bazaar. Click the arrow on the top right till you get to the reagent section. It sells out fast, but they refill it pretty quickly, so don't give up, and if any is available, buy it as fast as possible. Good luck.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
Hi :) I'm a noobs :)
Have been looking for diamonds for to months now to make rings; any advice? Thx!!

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
FionaFirepyre on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
Hi :) I'm a noobs :)
Have been looking for diamonds for to months now to make rings; any advice? Thx!!
u can make it with 15 ores each, though you need to buy the recipe from Floating Island in Celestia.

I was able to get my diamonds through Bazaar, 1000 ea.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I find lots of lava lilies in DS when you enter the Atheneum on the left.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Mist wood grows in almost every area of wizard city.

A good place to get many reagents is the nightmare pack.

Cat tail grows in many places in the water.

Dark mushrooms grow in dark, damp areas and sometimes has nightshade in it.

Red Mandrake is all around wizard city also sometimes there is blood moss in it.

Anna Firestone