Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I'm on the crafting quest and what I do is just go to the Wizard City Bazaar. It has all the reagents except it costs a lot of money.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
ace05843 wrote:
Where can one find ghostfire? I would of thought flame servants but got nothing.

You can find ghost fire from the regent vender in DragonSpyre.Hope this helped.

Steven Soulstrider
Level 25

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
I have gone to all the regeant vendors and looked everywhere and can't find those darn emeralds anywhere including the bazaar master merchant. I just want to get those emeralds so I can get that crafting quest off my books and not do any more crafting... any help would be appreciated even if it's just to know how to cancel a quest that I alrady agreed to???

Help!
Sarai Earthcrafter
Master Pyro

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
nicholetrue wrote:
I have gone to all the regeant vendors and looked everywhere and can't find those darn emeralds anywhere including the bazaar master merchant. I just want to get those emeralds so I can get that crafting quest off my books and not do any more crafting... any help would be appreciated even if it's just to know how to cancel a quest that I alrady agreed to???

Help!
Sarai Earthcrafter
Master Pyro

Are you sure you have emeralds required? Did you run your wand over it to double check...there are no emerald reagents in the game that I know of...and I have several master crafters.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
ok I am seriously not too smart sometimes I am SOOO sorry they are jade not emeralds wow I feel like a dummy lol Thanks now I can get this off my books :)

Explorer
Dec 15, 2008
my secret is.... just go to the wizard city bazaar or the reagant vendors?

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
To find black coal anywhere else than the bazzar,try next to Eudora Tangletree. With each crafter in the worlds, is a reagent vendor. Next to Eudora Tangletree is a reagent vendor that might sell black coal.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
Go next to Eudora Tangletree. He might sell black coal.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I haven't gone to mooshu yet to look for reagents but I have found several in Wizard City and Krokotopia

Mist wood is located anywhere there is grass. By the dungeons, in the trees on the streets of Unicorn Way, Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue and Firecat Alley.

Cat Tails grow in the water and I have found them in Triton Ave, Cyclops Lane and the Krokotopia Oasis.

Red Mandrake is mostly on Firecat Alley and Triton Ave. Sometimes when you pick one up it will have several and there is even some blood moss there.

Deep Mushrooms have been found in the dark and haunted caves as well as Krokotopia. Sometimes it will include Nightshade

Ore is found in the caves and Krokotopia

Parchment is in Krokotopia and sometimes when you pick it up you will get a scroll.

I got leather straps for beating cyclops, ectoplasm from the screaming banshees, and a bone from the bonekeep in krokotopia.

********************************************************************************
I'm at adept, they have taken my transmute blood moss spell and am having a hard time finding another. Have you ever had that problem?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
goodmood wrote:
I'm at adept, they have taken my transmute blood moss spell and am having a hard time finding another. Have you ever had that problem?

Once you buy the Transmute, it stays in your crafting 'book'. Just move to the third page and it should be there.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
jessstar23 wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

scrap iron is in marlybone in the museum.

I have 40 pieces of scrap iron all of which was found in Marlybone. Most of it was laying along the sides of the streets, along with mistwood they both are very prevelent there. I find Cattails in all the fountains of Marleybone as well. What I am having problems finding in any of the worlds of the spiral is Red Mandrake. I just simply can't find it anywhere, it was hard to find it and the blood moss before but now it is darn near impossible, even going back to places I had found it before I am not finding it. Oh well guess I will keep looking.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Re: Blood Moss Transmute card. So there is one? I have a problem too. I would like to have one. The quide book says the quest giver will have one but this quest giver did not. Where did you find it the 1st time? I have looked every where. I need Blood Moss for the Crimson Book Stands.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Probably the best place to find Scrap Iron is by boss places. Near the Water Tower.

MistWood- In Grass (Everywhere)
Cat Tail- In water (Everywhere)
Ore- Everywhere
Black Lotus- In MooShu basically everywhere
Bone- ??? I think in Mandrake Root but I am not sure
Citrine- It's best to buy it. It's cheap like 15 Gold
Deep Mushroom- Everywhere. ( best place to look is in Death places, or MooShu)
Bronze Gear- In Scrap Iron
Diamond- In Ore
Ectoplasm- I THINK it's in Mistwood.
Frost Flower- In Water ( Best place is Grizzleheim in the water )
Lava Lily- In Lava in DragonSpyre
Fire Blossom- In Lava Lily in DragonSpyre check where Zeke is, and Flowers will be floating over lava.
Nightshade- Check in Haunted Cave
Leather Straps- I think is in Either Mist Wood, Cat tails, or Ore.
Parchment- Check in Krokotopia it's usually EVERYWHERE
Red Mandrake- Check in NightSide behind the tree on the right of the death school.
Blood Moss- Inside of The Red Mandrake.
Black Pearl- Inside Black Lotus
Spider Silk- I think inside of Mist wood.
Stone Block- Check in Marley Bone, MooShu, ( It's rare NOT to see it! )

The Rare stuff is
Diamond and NightShade

Diamond is in ever 70-100 Ore. It's hard to find, but Ore is easy.
Nightshade- is rare because i think it's in Black Lotus you've got to collect 100 of them I think.
Also....
Black Pearl, Blood Moss, Fire Blossom are very rare. The rarest is probably Blood Moss!! Check in Red Mandrake, Mandrake's are easier to find in Dark (Death) places.

~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Storm)
~ Rogan DuskWhisper (Grandmaster of Balance)
~ Jonathan WildVault (Master of Nature)
~ Sloan AshGarden (Magus Necromancer)

Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
I got help from some very nice Wizards that told me Eudora Tangletree in Olde Town (the first person who gives you a craft) has the transmute card for Blood Moss.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
ev1234 wrote:
ace05843 wrote:
Where can one find ghostfire? I would of thought flame servants but got nothing.

You can find ghost fire from the regent vender in DragonSpyre.Hope this helped.

Steven Soulstrider
Level 25

Also, Toshio in Mooshu has ghost fire.
Destiny Shadowfriend.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
bugerbut wrote:
Re: Blood Moss Transmute card. So there is one? I have a problem too. I would like to have one. The quide book says the quest giver will have one but this quest giver did not. Where did you find it the 1st time? I have looked every where. I need Blood Moss for the Crimson Book Stands.

NO, I started looking for the Transmute Blood Moss Card, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. I don't believe there is one, but I think there should be. Anyway, I have finally gathered/bought enough of the Red Mandrake to transmute the Blood Moss for the Crimson Book Shelves and have completed my final crafting assignment, I am now a Master Artisan, and just wanted to say thanks to all who assisted me in this endevor.

Lauren Nightflower, Master Artisan/Balance GrandMaster (Just love being able to say that) :D

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
goodmood wrote:

Once you buy the Transmute, it stays in your crafting 'book'. Just move to the third page and it should be there.

I did find and buy another card, It seems stuff is missing from my backpack. Today I found Red Madrake at the Bazaar but it would not even let me buy it. Having a real hard tim finding it and Black Lotus, a lot of people must be gathering it. I have been looking over a month.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
Ffoor wrote:
Pretty much that's it. Those of us in testing complained the Reagent spawn timers were way to slow but evidently KI didn't believe us. Not that it really matters crafting items are low on the power side. No or little health/mana. Crapola.

Although it is true, I have reached a level where I can now craft my shields and cards, this is cheaper than buying them if you can find the reagents. Sometimes the vendors are out of things.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I haven't gone to mooshu yet to look for reagents but I have found several in Wizard City and Krokotopia

Mist wood is located anywhere there is grass. By the dungeons, in the trees on the streets of Unicorn Way, Cyclops Lane, Triton Avenue and Firecat Alley.

Cat Tails grow in the water and I have found them in Triton Ave, Cyclops Lane and the Krokotopia Oasis.

Red Mandrake is mostly on Firecat Alley and Triton Ave. Sometimes when you pick one up it will have several and there is even some blood moss there.

Deep Mushrooms have been found in the dark and haunted caves as well as Krokotopia. Sometimes it will include Nightshade

Ore is found in the caves and Krokotopia

Parchment is in Krokotopia and sometimes when you pick it up you will get a scroll.

I got leather straps for beating cyclops, ectoplasm from the screaming banshees, and a bone from the bonekeep in krokotopia.

I mostly find Red Mandrake in Colos Blvd., but only when not too many people are in there. Very Hard to find. There are a few drops in Grizzleheim but I rarely get there first.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
DorcasAurelia wrote:
Acorns are a rare item found with Mist Wood.
Fossils are a rare item found with Stone Blocks.
Diamonds are a rare item found with Ore.
Ancient Scrolls are a rare item found with Parchment.
Nightshade are a rare item found with Deep Mushrooms.
Blood Moss is a rare item found with Mandrake Roots.

In addition to already mentioned locations, Ore can be fairly commonly found throughout Grizzleheim.
My experience is that Stone Blocks and Ore are common everywhere in the Temple of Fire in Krokotopia, with Parchment being slightly less frequent.
I seem to find Deep Mushrooms mostly in the excavation rooms, not the hallways, though. The Mushrooms are more common in the Krokosphinx.
Mandrake roots are pretty easy to find in the Sunken City, if you can survive it. Mushrooms can be found there as well.

For enemy drop reagents, I can personally confirm these:
Bones drop from Splithooves (Grizzleheim).
Ectoplasm drops from Haunted Minions.
Leather Straps drop from Nirini Sentries (Temple of Fire).
Bronze Gears drop from Veteran Sellswords (Temple of Fire) and Sokkwi Crushers (Krokosphinx)
I got Spider Silk from either a Magma Man or Fire Elf in Firecat Alley.

Black Pearl is with Black Lotus.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.

I have found Black Coal at all the Reagent Vendors, I think you have to buy it, it's not a drop or harvest.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

Yep. Hyde Park in MB, down by the boss at the far end. There are two big boiler type things on the left side as you're walking up to it, and two drums on the right. There are two places the scrap iron shows up by the huge boiler thingies, and it also show up behind the drums/barrels. No running around required either, because they're all right there in that little cul-de-sac. Hope this helped.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
KiansDad wrote:
steveheffner wrote:
Seriously this is out of balance for the time/reward aspect.

Quoted for Emphasis.

In my experience -- and mind you, I've spent a good amount of time in between encounters just running around collecting swag -- I'm finding that Mistwood and Mushrooms aren't really a problem. I'm finding lots of mushrooms all over the hallways of Krok, and Mistwood seems fairly plentiful in Marleybone and especially Grizzleheim.

You'll find plenty of Parchments in Krok. And I'm swimming in Cattails and Ore -- they seem to be found just about everywhere.

The ones that are a problem are the Stone Blocks (found in Krok and Marleybone, but very rare) and the Scrap Iron (OMG! Does this stuff even exist?!)

Scrap Iron merits its own paragraph: The stuff is next to nonexistent everywhere. The few I've found seem to be in Marley. In the several days I've been doing this, I think I've amassed a whopping FIVE of the things. And considering the Marleybone crafting quests require ... EIGHTY of them, it would be nice to see a few more available.

Again, scrap iron can be found in Hyde Park in MB, down by the main boss, sorta.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Two questions: 1. Is there a vendor who sells recipes for rare reagents such as diamonds and black pearls, etc., and if so, where would I find it? 2. Same question, only where do I find treasure card recipes?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009