Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
teddy2008 wrote:
marleybone has a ton of mist wood and stone blocks and almost NO scrap iron and you need 80 scrap iron for the quest. are there any other worlds that have scrap iron?

No, only Marley has Scrap Iron. You need to farm for it (find a good spawn location, make sure no one is poaching, and switch realms every minute). You can get 80 in under 3 hrs. (Note: non-farming, allowing poaching, not switching realms, etc, assume you will have grey hairs before you find enough.)

PS-Just a note, scrap iron is relatively easy to find when compared to black pearls, blood moss and diamonds.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Um, here's a Diamond location,

Go to Katz Lab in Marleybone and battle Dr. Von Katzkenstein. after you will see a pile of ore in the room that you battle him him in. There's usually diamond in it. I know this because I have done Katz Lab and I helped my friends with it and every time there was Diamond in the Ore.

Good Luck Reageant Hunting :D

~Dolan IceBlade 8)
Lv. 45 Ice Wizard

Survivor
May 31, 2009
100cake wrote:
Can anyone help me find some mistwood?

Kane Hexmender Level 14 Krokotopia
unicorn way,that's where I get mine.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?
n mollybone take air craft

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
csillver wrote:
There is no way I am going to hiking about looking for reagents. I guess I will just buy stuff from other players.

Wow -- how do you buy Reagents from other players? I want in!

- Steve M.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
You cannot "buy reagents from other friends" at all. You both have to go the bazaar and they sell the item and you hope you can buy it before somone else in another realm does. And whatever you do, DO NOT try to sell items between your own players. My novice wizard has about 10 diamonds and I tried to sell them using my Death wizard and then buy them using my Grandmaster Life. but someone beat me to them.

I would like to see KI make reagents go into your shared bank so you can share them among your own players. Or reduce the amount of diamonds needed to craft items. So far I've only met one player who has actually crafted all the rings. ONE PLAYER Out of a million? Come on KI, give us a response.

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
Swim2sea wrote:
You cannot "buy reagents from other friends" at all. You both have to go the bazaar and they sell the item and you hope you can buy it before somone else in another realm does. And whatever you do, DO NOT try to sell items between your own players. My novice wizard has about 10 diamonds and I tried to sell them using my Death wizard and then buy them using my Grandmaster Life. but someone beat me to them.

I would like to see KI make reagents go into your shared bank so you can share them among your own players. Or reduce the amount of diamonds needed to craft items. So far I've only met one player who has actually crafted all the rings. ONE PLAYER Out of a million? Come on KI, give us a response.

Add two to your list then...Cause I've finished all of the crafting quests so far but the last one. The bookstands. Just trying to find a few last regeants, and that should be done by this weekend. :D

But I do agree that it would be great if players could trade regeants as well as gold cards.

Because once I've finished mine, I get the joy of helping collect the regeants for my hubby's, so he can try to buy them from the bazaar as I sell them. It would save us both a trip to the bazaar. As well as me having to collect almost twice the amount of regeants for him, to compensate for those grabbing the regeants as quickly as he's trying to grab them himself.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:

But I do agree that it would be great if players could trade regeants as well as gold cards.

Because once I've finished mine, I get the joy of helping collect the regeants for my hubby's, so he can try to buy them from the bazaar as I sell them. It would save us both a trip to the bazaar. As well as me having to collect almost twice the amount of regeants for him, to compensate for those grabbing the regeants as quickly as he's trying to grab them himself.

:D I SOOO much agree. That would be a LOT easier!!! :D

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
flash33 wrote:
I've found Mist Wood among the rooftops of Marlybone, mostly in Hyde Park. As for Cattails, I've found them to be in the fountain in the ticket center is marlybone(the place where you go to get tickets to the areas of MB by baloon ride.)

Scrap Iron, mist wood, cattails, and a few other regents, can be found in the square. Start by the station and follow the sidewalk around. Change realms and repeat.

Cattails go into the museum each time and there should be some.

I needed over fifty scrap iron for that particular crafting project. Found it all in just a few hours.

Some people will hate me for giving this tip out. Honest it works

Just please remember you are not the only ones searching for these items.

Do so sparingly and take only what you need.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
chatter2000 wrote:
in the bazzar you can buy any reagents

If that is true please show me how many diamonds, black pearls and springs can be purchased there. By the way you will need at least 75 diamonds for 1 DS crafting project then as few as 40 and up to 75 black pearls for the other DS project. Yes I spent 3 hrs a day for a week looking for black pearl. Fun when everyone lower on the crafting jobs need the 100 plus black locus for their crafts. I have found 15 black pearls in all that time. The quote above is so false. especially when it comes to diamonds and black pearls. I saw another comment about farming black locus. I'm sorry I'm grabbing all your black locus - I don't need it, but i need the black pearl which means that i have gotten and sold 300 black locus to get my 15 black pearls and I still need 25 more black pearls. I love the idea of crafting but as KI just broadcasted in Wizard City Commons there are a Million Subscribers. So UPDATE the game so all Million of us can enjoy the various areas including crafting.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
Swim2sea wrote:

I guess i'm number 2 but it doesn't end with the rings. The next item is going to require Black Pearl. At least the ore could be found on every plane. Black Pearl, only in mooshu with everyone else looking for black lotus for the mooshu crafting and the 100 needed for the rings mentioned above. I have to agree with reagents being added to the bank though. I like that thought.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I know where a lot of regants are but they are already posted.
I have a problem.
I cant find scrap metal.
I need help with them.
If you can help me that will be good.
I thank you very much.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
refile wrote:
I have a problem.
I cant find scrap metal.
I need help with them.
I thank you very much.

If you use the button on the left under Wizard Society for links you can visit Wizard101 Central and they have these 'cheats' posted.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
refile wrote:
I have a problem.
I cant find scrap metal.
I need help with them.
I thank you very much.

I am probably going to kill my supply by doing this but here it goes: in chelsey court the first right as you go down the street goes to a dead end. At the dead end is three different spots where scrap metal appears. two on one side and one on the other. You can sit there and jump from realm to realm every minute and collect a bunch. I have done it with two seperate characters and was able to load up quickly. Wooden and silver chests like to appear there also. The other place for farming is around the clock tower in the center of chelsey court. That place has about 4 different spots where scrap metal appears. Hope this helps. but what would help more if KI would increase the refresh on these items.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
Flopinator wrote:

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

ok where is the blood moss? world would help, area even more. Never seen any drop with this in it. Anyone?

You can find blood moss when you collect red mandrake. You can find red mandrake in sunken city and nightside.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
</div>
</blockquote>I got Spider Silk from either a Magma Man or Fire Elf in Firecat Alley. </div>
</blockquote>

I also got spider silk from the spiders in Marley Bone.
I found Ice flowers in grizzelheim along the river bank when you first get in is the river I mean. The flower is beyond the fishing grizz. They are also in the hall under the boat when you first get in.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
pamela011166 wrote:
Does anyone know where to find glass vials? I have looked in the bazaar for days, and have gotten 8! :( And I spend most of my time lately in the bazaar just looking for the stuff.
Thanks for the help! :-)

Hey this is Cody moonflame at your service. you can find glass vials at the vendor in the oasis in krokatopia. really just look for reagent vendor they sell what you can't find :D that's a great jingle !

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
Scrap Iron Marylebone

Stone blocks Krokotopia and Mb

Mist Wood Mooshu, Mb, Wizard City

Red Lava Lily Dragonspyre

Survivor
Oct 30, 2009
dose anyone know where i can find blood moss or where i can buy it from?

thanks.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
badlylgurl121 wrote:
dose anyone know where i can find blood moss or where i can buy it from?

thanks.

One of the rarest of the rare. It is the rare spawn of Red Mandrake...best to transmute it.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
teddy2008 wrote:
How do you get black lotus? :?

Found in MS around boss' lairs.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I am an initiate crafter and i have everything but black lotuses. I need 19 more! I am on;y a level 26 and it is so wierd for me to be a initiate crafter.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
well i am not too high in level (only 14) but i have been in many worlds and places hope i can help!

for starters, some reagents can be bought by the guy near that crafter person in olde town (duh!)

also in the same place when you enter from the shopping district, walk strait.
then before you start to slant turn right. there should be a bunch of things there

also:

red mandrake: mainly in the unusable fairgrounds in collossus B.

mist wood: all over the place! just look carefully.

stone block: in the halls of krok

acorn: sometimes in mist wood

cattails: in unicorn way near the statue

parchment: same as stone block

hope i helped 8)
sorry its only in wizard city
A.S.D