Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 20, 2009
As I'm stuck in the middle of the MB crafting quest looking for those 80 iron scraps I find myself wondering why I'm doing this anyway. As others have pointed out the craftables do not seem worth the effort. Perhaps if we could craft iron scraps from the ore chunks thinks would go a little smoother. I am enjoying it though. Thanks for all the awesome updates KI!

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
wintermagic wrote:
I agree completely. I was on when there were too many other players looking for reagents earlier today. I couldn't find anything. After 2 hours of looking in WC I gave up. When I logged back on later I ran around WC and found plenty of mist wood and cattails. I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it? I know it is in the bazzar, but it is bought entirely too fast.
you buy black coal from reagent vendors.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I am very frustrated as well. I collect most of the items here and pretty much planned to sell them because I am not interested in crafting. In fact, most of the items I see are not anything I want to buy. They are neither as strong as what I have nor are they cool enough to make their weakness something I am willing to ignore for "casual" non combat wear.

However, it seems crafting is going to be force fed to us whether we want to do it or not when we want certain things. For instance, I went to buy healing cards for a boss fight but there were none at the card shop. Actually, MOST of the cards were no longer for sale. Basically just shields.

I really wish they had sent emails with the updates and also warned us that they would be removing the cards from the shop so that I would have been able to prepare instead of finding out at the last possible moment that I have to make my treasure cards and I have no idea where to find some of the ingredients, unless I must have to buy them.

This is definately making me value my life wizard but not too helpful for my fizzling storm wizard who has a minion who does nothing but put up shields on himself and taunt. Besides I need pixies to protect him lol. Or are they pixies? I meant the ones that are one pip and you can put on anyone.

Scrunch8778 wrote:
I am in agreement with the posters in here so far. Crafting could be a really cool part of this game, but KI seems to have fumbled it. Way too much time and effort for way too little results. Many reagents are way too rare and too much competition for them in crowded realms. I miss the well-stocked treasure card shops for the lower level wizards to be able to be effective in solo boss encounters, especially life wizards. My son and I love this game, but he also wants the treasue card shop back. Why not make custom treasure cards that can be made in a reasonable amount of time with a reasonable amount of effort and leave the TC shop the way it was? Other than this, I like the changes to the game and the new realm (GH) is really nice. Like the additional dialogue and the voices are phemonenal.

Stephen Winterwalker/Ian Souldreamer
Adept Thaumaturge/Adept Theurgist

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Thx for posting all. Im glad im not the only one that thinks this is a bad setup.

Maybe if these spawned for a player instead of the realm. You know, so each player saw his own reagents like it was a quest item? I donno how else to explain it, but there has to be another way.

seriously im lvl 46 and i wanted to gain 2 lvls for my last spell. now i find im entangled in a web of farmers and scrap iron chalk outlines.

I have played alot of mmorpg's and this has got to be the worst setup for crafting ive ever seen. Even Ultima Online back in the day wasn't this clogged with farmers. If you remember mining at cove. You cant even realm jump effectivly. Seems like that only worked for 2 days and people caught on.

Instead of quests gaining crafting give it a skill level that you can gain, that way you dont have to make just things that need scrap iron and i can get rid of some of this ore i dont use for anything.

At least make this worth my while in the end. Most of the gear looks unsatisfing, correct me please. Im myth, someone find me 1 item that isnt outdone by something i can buy. O and then show me one that beats the best dropped item.

Speaking of which theres no site to go to with a complete list of items? That is a first.

I think im done venting. The game still rocks someone has to change this crafting stuff around for the better.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
DorcasAurelia wrote:
wintermagic wrote:
I have not found any black coal. Does any one know where to find it?

The Reagent Vendors sell it. 5 gold per piece. They also sell most of the gems, Shadow Oil, and Simple Vials.

Where do you find the reagent vendors?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think it would be great if we could craft potions that would give some small boost in combat. Say, drink a potion, and in the next combat you would have say, 25 extra hit points (one use), a small boost in resistance vs a specific school, maybe a 1-2% increase in accuracy for a specific school, etc.

I would also like to be able to craft a lucky talisman...think of all those places where a 1-2% increase in your favor in complete random chance would be helpful.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
you can find tons of red mandrake in sunken city. i found over 15 red mandrakes in just one day!!

Survivor
May 25, 2009
mooshu is the place to go for mistwood cat tails deep shrooms ore and black lotus.krokotopia is for bricks parchment scrolls. marley bone is for gears iron scraps leather strappings. wizard city does not have much good items but the occasional mist wood cat tail and deep mushroom.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
I've found truckloads of cat tails (I have 24 right now) from the fountain in Digmoore Station and the fountain in Regent's Square. I find some Mist Wood randomly in marlybone, some in the station, and others just on the sides of the roofs.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
I Really like the new additions just not the crafting part. The crafting is spending too much money to get something very small and worthless. The treasure card shop was great. I really want it back. The crafting of the cards is so expensive and time consuming when you need TC fast. It would be cool if the crafing of TC where like rare ones or ones that you could not buy before, or even new cards. Otherwise i wont really want to be making TC anymore. I am still saving for my house. lol

Survivor
May 07, 2009
Does anyone know where to find parchment! I can never find it anywhere!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Scrap Iron -

Start at the entrance to Chelsea Park.

Go to the first right and take it. At the end of that road, look behind the skylights (you are on the rooftop, remember). There are three scrap iron spawn locations there.

If you look behind the doorways at the entrance (face left when you first port in) there is mistwood and stone.

I ran this loop to gather scrap iron - chelsea park entrance, to the first right, back up and around the corner to the next right. There I would realm switch and run back the opposite way. The realm timer would be reset by the time I get to the end. The spawns you will find on this route are scrap iron, mist wood, stone blocks and a couple of chests.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
tatorsgirl wrote:

Just do a quick run through the Vault of Ice without doing the battles and you should find 2-6 units of parchments...and other crafting items.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Does anyone know where to find glass vials? I have looked in the bazaar for days, and have gotten 8! :( And I spend most of my time lately in the bazaar just looking for the stuff.
Thanks for the help! :-)

Survivor
May 06, 2009

What the posts have said about the places to find certain reagents is true but what happens is someone else gets there first and the respawn is way too long. There are many other mmo-rpg's out there that have the crafting pretty well tuned ( I play World of Warcraft too). Maybe KI should take some tips from them. And just the mere amount of places to get the stuff is ridiculous. There also should be loads of them in dungeons because these usually are done in groups. There should be enough to go around-especially when you need 80 pieces of an item for one quest. I am a grandmaster who got tired of farming malistaire but running around for hours at a time to collect ten items isnt my idea of fun either. And lets not forget the kids who play, Hello, KI is making crafting impossible for them.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Where is a good place to find stone blocks and scrap metal?
I have been looking in EVERY world and i cant seem to find ANY scrap metal.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
tatorsgirl wrote:

I found some while helping a noob, and it was sold in the bazaar for almost nothing. as I find them and scrap metal I sell them as fast as I get them to help others get thier stuff.

Someone needs to make respawns faster, before someone gets hurt! had someone yell at me for taking a cat tail, sounds silly but when your in need you get a bit crazy.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
pamela011166 wrote:
Does anyone know where to find glass vials? I have looked in the bazaar for days, and have gotten 8! :-( And I spend most of my time lately in the bazaar just looking for the stuff.
Thanks for the help! :-)

Have you tried the reagent vendors? You have to be at least to Marleybone, but they sell them for 125 gold each.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Flopinator wrote:
If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water
Marleybone in the center water fountain and near Big Ben

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

If I put a list of what I'm looking for on the boards everyone and thier mother will start with the farming of that, then you have to buy what you need. Please don't farm stuff, it's annoying to have to pay for something you found so you can be rich and we can be bald from pulling our hair out!

Survivor
May 07, 2009
tzman6 wrote:
Where is a good place to find stone blocks and scrap metal?
I have been looking in EVERY world and i cant seem to find ANY scrap metal.

you can find stone blocks in grizzleheim. If u go over the rainbow and then go left towards the boat and take another left and follow it down to under the waterfall go into that area and that is where i have been getting all of my stone blocks. i just keep switching realms and getting all the stone blocks i need.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
Hi everybody! Everyone is saying this is here, that is there. But here is what i found. I am only talking for Wiz. City and Krokotopia.

Coal, gems, etc. - Regenant Vendors.

Mist Wood - Around trees in grassy areas.

Cat Tail - In most Rivers, Lakes, etc.

Red Mandrake - In dark areas, like Nightside and Sunken City.

Parchment - In Krokotopian hallways, no select area.

Stone Block - All around Krokotopia.

Ore- In certain locations around Krokotopia.

There are also rare regents found in the items listed above. Sadly, I don't know them. !!!! The following are Boss Drops!!!!!!

Bronze Gear - Any machine monster, like the Iron Golem in Golem Tower.

Ectoplasem - Ghost like creatures, like Lost Souls.

Bone - Skelital creatures, like Rattlebones.

Spider Silk - Spider creatures, Like the ones in Webwood, Grizzleheim.

That is all I got. Wolf Stardust Lv.26 Necromancer.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
One of the best places to find Black Lotus and mist wood for the crafting quest on Mooshu is The Crimson Fields. You will also find deep mushrooms there. On average there are two Black Lotus plants, which yield between 1-3 reagents. They will be in slightly different locations in the instance each time when you visit.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Flopinator wrote:

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

ok where is the blood moss? world would help, area even more. Never seen any drop with this in it. Anyone?

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
If you want to find reagents you should come on at 3:00-6:00 am if you can. Festival park has lots of reagents.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

DITTO! got to find what! 50 of them! that will take me the rest of the month!!! I think crafting is too time consuming and expencive! asp.
sence your making stuff that is going to be sold anyway to the bazaar
or shop after you turn in the quest craft items to the trainer.

After going to all the worlds and checking out the recipes, I was
and still am jaw dropped at the amount of regiments you must collect
for just 1 item! not to mention the time it takes over 16+ hours for one
of them I knoticed. Something needs to be changed on Crafting.