Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
:( having trouble locating Black Pearls does anyone know where to get them besides at the Bazaar WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to expensive in the Bazaar. Alia Rosegem, grandmaster theurgist Level 54

Survivor
May 01, 2012
No place is better for Cattails , Water Lilies and kelp then
in MB , Hyde Park , the central fountain area there . I have had up to 6 Cattails there in the upper and 2 lower fountains at that location . Just keep switching realms and you will have plenty without the need to run around .
This helped me breeze past the ones I needed for building my Watchtower Hall (now to gather tons of frost flowers..)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
jessstar23 wrote:
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

scrap iron is in marlybone in the museum.

I found scrap iron in Grizzleheim

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
BlackPanther1648 wrote:
:( having trouble locating Black Pearls does anyone know where to get them besides at the Bazaar WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to expensive in the Bazaar. Alia Rosegem, grandmaster theurgist Level 54

Pink Dandelions give plenty. I have well over 100.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
pablohosehead wrote:

I ran into a Guy who was farming for Scrap Iron in
the MarlyBone Big Ben Dungons.

You can get CatTails in MooShou ShoShun village pond.

You can get Ore in DragonSpire around the gameing circles.

You can get pearls around Celestia StormRaven Hall.

Good Luck in your farming.

Marissa SparkleSinger lvl 60 Life
Marissa RainBow crafter lvl 45 Storm
Marrisa DreamCloud lvl 48 Myth
Marrisa PearlBlossom lvl 48 Fire

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
alright heres the best places for these regents
scrap iron, counter weight east
ore. mooshoo the place where you walk across rocks and theres krakens and those water spirits running around(trust me its a awesome place)
stone block. no best place your best chance is bazaar.
frost flowers. grizzleheim in that giant cave with all the grendals, go to the pool in there you will find 1 to 3 frost flowers almost everytime along with lots of cat tail
kelp(for aether)go to celestia in the crustation empire, take a left when you first enter(although there is normaly a peice accross the bridge that you see upon entree)and just look around there will be kelp almost everytime i got lucky a handful of times and got 15 kelp in 2 min.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
gweedoboy wrote:

stone block. no best place your best chance is bazaar.

You said "no best place" for stone blocks. The best place is Stone Town :P (I speak from experience, with over 400 stone blocks, you also get plenty of sandstone and black lotus in the process!)

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
later on you'll need scrap iron which is kinda hard to find. use this trick when you get to it:
1. go to the bazaar and buy as much scrap iron as you can, when it runs out wait 10-30 seconds and try again, try a few times then stop
2. go to chealsea court and take the first right, search the area for a bit picking up any iron you see, then change realms or go somewhere else for a few minutes, after a while of this move on
3. switch between the 2 counterweight first floors, there will be iron and mist wood at the first floor, repeat between the two for a while
4. after doing 2 and 3 for a while the bazaar will have gotten more iron, so go restart this list after 3

hope this helps you later

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
You can farm them like in DS and MS For sunstone ,sandstone ,etc... Or you can go on wizard101 central and find the place where it spawn

Survivor
Oct 27, 2010
Hi people I am Laura Duskwraith lvl 79 balance...
I am in great depression with the legendary artisan quest it is rediculasly tedious and it takes up hundreds of thosands in gold and almost impossible to get even the basic ingrediants to transmute at the Bazaar this is what i found so far.
Archeus:sunstones/ sandstones Crustacian Empire Mucio(pylons) as well.
Pearls:lunarium gold ones-mirror lake gear that you feed pet.
Aethers-Crustacian Empire with the kelp and underwater area's.
stone block -Necropolis, Dragonspyre
I litteraly spent over 300,000 gold on this quest so far.
Tip: don't waste time obtaining transmute items from collecting it is much faster at the bazaar to buy in mass if your lucky every 10 minutes or so they come up.
KI- please will you make it easier to collect regents or at least make regent pack's better than the exsiting ones...

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
Cattails and Mist Wood are very easy to find in Baobab Crossroads, Zafaria. They're spawn-linked, so realm hopping isn't necessary; just run in circles.

Black Lotuses (and thus Black Pearls) spawn in trios in Vestrilund (Wintertusk, Grizzleheim) if you go beyond and to the left of the carved tree ramp. Vestrilund also has Frost Flowers, if you go to the left side of the area where the ice skeleton things are. There should be 2 on the far perimeter of their stomping grounds.

Once you've entered Wintertusk and crossed the bridge, directly to the right is a spawn point for Scrap Iron. Some ore and frost flowers also spawn around the entry and first "room" with the ice skeleton things.

Crab Alley, Wizard City is the best place I've found for Kelp (and thus Aether); Stone Blocks (and so also Fossils and Sandstone); and Shells (and therefore Aquamarines). The main part of it is set up like a loop, and has 14 spawn points that alternate between these three things.
(Note: Both Wooden and Silver Chests spawn here too, but I don't find the Silver ones worth the time until Zafaria, personally.)

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
how do i find celestian spring tree from so i can get the celestian house

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
mechnaruto45 wrote:
how do i find celestian spring tree from so i can get the celestian house

You can get the recipe from the housing recipe vendor in CL base camp:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Gearwise

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I have looked all over mooshoo behind wagons for black lotus and cant find any at all.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
i went to haunted cave to battle haunted minions for extoplasmn but none was dropped.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
I have only skimmed the pages here but I did not find any mention of what I would suggest ... gardening.

I find planting fickle pickles was a good source for gathering lots of reagents, even some rare things like golden pearls. I set up a 68 fickle pickle garden which allows for a good harvest. The great thing about fickle pickles is they also supply a good number of seed to replenish after the final harvest. Depending on the plant you have to be careful with your energy. A couple of gardening visits in a day may be needed and helpful but does not take a large amount of time. In addition, you can have plants growing on all characters (different plants for different reagents) and share between characters. Multiple characters increase the harvest even more with only a short amount of game play time (except the planting). For what plant drops certain reagents this can be found by browing by reagent or plant on http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Main_Page.

As far as the merits of crafting, I have raised my characters to the grandmaster level in order to craft the cereal (level 6 pet snack). This is a fairly good snack that can be made for around 300 gold or so. The only complaint is only three slots for making crafts which bottlenecks pet snack production which is what drove raising all characters to grandmaster level.

I aslo found as I got to level 78 that there was some equipment that was worth the crafting and raised one of my characters to legendary. But since I don't need equipment being produced like I do with pet food, I will most likely not increase my other wizards past grandmaster.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
in kroktopia u can find ores in the dungeon about the keeper of the fang
also in that dungeon are parchment and stone blocks

Survivor
Apr 23, 2011
I am looking for Sunstone and some conga drums. Found a little Sunstone but need more. I have no idea where to find conga drums. Any help would be appreciated.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
pablohosehead on Jul 4, 2009 wrote:
What is your problem! Scrap Iron is easy to find. You should find lots in Marleybone, but they look like mistwood so you should always check which one is which.

Gabriel Ashleaf Level 45 Life Master Theurgist
Gabriel Shadoweyes Level 6 Death

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I cannot find scrap metal to make the daggers of absolution! I am in DS but my crafting skills are in MB.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2012
I found plenty of black pearls with black lotus in grizzleheim on the sundrulin vestrilund an so on levels

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
Well, i know a REALLY good place for stone blocks. In Dragonspyre, go to the atheneum and go all the way to the back and turn right. there you should find a few stone blocks and switch realms every minute. If you look around you'll find something else.(hint, hint)

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I Find that there are alot of recipies that require glass vials, ghost fire, and shadow oil. you can get glass vials at the reagent vendr in krokotopia, ghost fire in marleybone and shadow oil in wisteria.
hopes this helps.

Alexander Boomthorne
level 29 sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
If it helps any, there are what I'd like to call 'hot spots' for reagents. I know kelp and stone blocks and shells(often not needed, but still), can be found easily in crab alley. Hot spots just mean in one area where you find stone blocks or kelp for example, you can find them in that same spot on another realm.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
does anyone know where to find night shade the plant? I'm crafting crimson bookstands, but can't find night shade. If I type in night shade in search, It keeps taking me to a boss named night shade.