Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Parchment Crafting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
Was wondering if anyone knows where or how to get parchment for the crafting quest in Krok. Have searched and killed different mobs no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
I found it on the ground over in the temple of storms. I believe it was djeserit family tomb.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
You have to run around in the different areas and pick it up. If there is a lot of other gamers good luck. Hall of Champions is a good place.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I found several parchments in chamber of fire...just go at off times in perfect realms. It is near impossible if everyone is trying to gather.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2009
Defender
May 06, 2009
Chamber of ice? I believe that is the right name, anyways its on the same island as the grand arena and it is an instance. You can run in, kill 3 of the bosses loot what ever resources are there to be taken. Quit instance, restart it and do it again. I did this a few times to get enough parts to do krokatopia crafting quests.

Also a word of warning. The crafting in marleybone is EVIL! first off you need to make 10 items, one of the two items is an 8 1/2 hour cooldown the other item is a 9 hour cooldown. (don't even get me started on how many parts you need) Assuming you had all of the parts needed it AND could do it back to back it would take 44ish hours. Since that isn't going to happen, count on a long time to just get through marleybone. I am SO not looking forward to mooshu or even dragonspire. I am seriously thinking about stopping crafting because it is just stupid long cooldowns and too many parts just to make what is needed for the quests forgetting actually making something you might want. Also considering I have crafted in every MMO i've played that offered crafting, I would say this is one of the worst experiences I've had.

/sigh
So why is crafting so dang silly stupid for the length to craft quest items? I mean the items you can make aren't worth it, venders sell better. Treasured cards? sorry I can use an accuracy or a tough card and it will cost less then crafting it would, and that doesn't even take into account the time to actually gather resources, and cooldown timers, or heck time to actually raise your crafting which is very significant. Crafting funiture? Gee can buy it with gold and oh my alot less time getting gold then it does to do anything for crafting.
/sigh

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I am glad you said that about crafting time, steveheffner. I am currently doing the first crafting quest in krokotopia. I have to wait 1 hour to just craft a ring, 3 rings total minus the one you do first. You have to wait 2 hours total just to craft the other 2 rings. I seriously think this is an outrage, why would i wait 2 hours just to do this? I could have done plenty of other things by then but i want to only try out crafting right now. I think that KI should seriously drop the cool-down time on the items. This is not how i wanted the game to be, after one update, many people have already quit this game. Please KI, try to do your best and change these things and thanks for making this whole gaming experience possible. :-)

Defender
Jan 07, 2009

/sigh
So why is crafting so dang silly stupid for the length to craft quest items? I mean the items you can make aren't worth it, venders sell better. Treasured cards? sorry I can use an accuracy or a tough card and it will cost less then crafting it would, and that doesn't even take into account the time to actually gather resources, and cooldown timers, or heck time to actually raise your crafting which is very significant. Crafting funiture? Gee can buy it with gold and oh my alot less time getting gold then it does to do anything for crafting.
/sigh

I agree, the person or persons that thought this was a good idea needs to be fired. Another word of warning, the clock for cool down ONLY counts when your IN the game playing, not over night. That is why I'm thinking crafting is for the birds! Maybe even the whole game now they have too many things that don't work as described.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Partiesmage wrote:
Was wondering if anyone knows where or how to get parchment for the crafting quest in Krok. Have searched and killed different mobs no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
look at the bazaar store in olde town in wizard city if it doesn't pop up first time look again

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
0stormbreak0 wrote:
I am glad you said that about crafting time, steveheffner. I am currently doing the first crafting quest in krokotopia. I have to wait 1 hour to just craft a ring, 3 rings total minus the one you do first. You have to wait 2 hours total just to craft the other 2 rings. I seriously think this is an outrage, why would i wait 2 hours just to do this? I could have done plenty of other things by then but i want to only try out crafting right now. I think that KI should seriously drop the cool-down time on the items. This is not how i wanted the game to be, after one update, many people have already quit this game. Please KI, try to do your best and change these things and thanks for making this whole gaming experience possible. :-)

you think that is bad? just wait till you need scrap iron, I don't mean 2 or 3 pieces. To make each piece requires 8 pieces, times 12 for the items, add time.... can you say the rest of your life trying to make those things? someone goofed! I have personally jogged around in Marleybone for hours trying to get the scrap iron you need to make JUST one.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
If you need help finding scrap iron in Big Ben once just on the side of the floor and as soon as you find some just restart and keep on doing it.