Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

orthrus

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
zoromon42 wrote:
:may i say something fast plz. i truely think that earthquake is one of the most terribly underpowered and practicly useless spell in the game(behind donate power, I HATE THAT SPELL :x) for 6 pips you think it would do more. I mean 310 damage? ok even if it is to all enimies, humongo frog can do better :?

I have to say, once I managed to get earthquake (and tower shield) I have managed to pull off a 7 game winning streak in PVP so far. And I'm still working on getting that number up. I haven't lost a match since I got earthquake.

I still believe that for a level 42 card which costs six pips that the base damage does seem a little low. But honestly, the fact that it can throw off an ENTIRE TEAM off balance by removing all of their buffs, means you have just prevented your opponent from getting the most out of their attack spells. It is an amazing card if you truly understand its function and know WHEN to use it.

I have managed to take away players buffed blades when they would stack a fire blade with a balance element blade. That would have hit me for nearly 70% more damage. If I got hit with Helephant with those buffs the damage would have been well over a thousand. But I brought out my earthquake and completely ruined that players plan, allowing me to capitalize with my own beatdown! So yeah, if you understand earthquake, you can really find yourself dominating in the arena! Now I'm going to go PvP... XD

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
sekots wrote:
What i was thinking is that the lvl 42 spell could be a weaker orthurus, and the lvl 48 spell would be Cyberus.

Orthurus: 50 then 500

Cyberus: 450-650 to all enemies

Thats my idea!

I agree! That is a supreme idea. Orthrus is way underpowered then the other school lvl 48 cards. I mean for example look at Storm Lord! Storm Lord does 690 to ALL enemies and stuns them! If they would take out earthqauke and put Orthrus for lvl 42 spell I would put the damage back a little, and put Cyberus as the lvl 48 spell and allow that to attack ALL enemies and either stun them or put traps on them if they arent dead. And face facts if they took out earthquake there would only be 1 attack everyone spell, and if they added Cyberus only 2 attack everyone spells! I mean Fire has 3 that attack everyone. Otherwise if your a myth wizard like me and your alone, your done. Myth is awesome up to Mooshu, I singled mooshu with no help maybe only 1 or 2 quests but being myth in Dragonspyre was useless. Being a lvl 46 myth wizard its hard for me to take down a lvl 7 boss. In my Storm, Death or Balance that wouldn't be a problem. So I suggest that Orthrus should either attack ALL enemies or go with, getting rid of earthquake, putting orthrus in earthquakes spot, and putting Cyberus in Orthrus's spot. That way myth will be just as good as the other schools. And just for a note, I also think it is unfair that myth gets the orthrus pet. Therefore the other schools should get there grand pet too. Except for life and balance. But, if you think about it the myth quest for orthrus is extremley challenging compared to the other schools. So hopefully they improve to this idea. Otherwise myth is a usless school....

Survivor
May 24, 2009
CrackFire wrote:
sekots wrote:
What i was thinking is that the lvl 42 spell could be a weaker orthurus, and the lvl 48 spell would be Cyberus.

Thats my idea!

I agree! That is a supreme idea. Orthrus is way underpowered then the other school lvl 48 cards. I mean for example look at Storm Lord! Storm Lord does 690 to ALL enemies and stuns them! If they would take out earthqauke and put Orthrus for lvl 42 spell I would put the damage back a little, and put Cyberus as the lvl 48 spell and allow that to attack ALL enemies and either stun them or put traps on them if they arent dead. And face facts if they took out earthquake there would only be 1 attack everyone spell, and if they added Cyberus only 2 attack everyone spells! I mean Fire has 3 that attack everyone. Otherwise if your a myth wizard like me and your alone, your done. Myth is awesome up to Mooshu, I singled mooshu with no help maybe only 1 or 2 quests but being myth in Dragonspyre was useless. Being a lvl 46 myth wizard its hard for me to take down a lvl 7 boss. In my Storm, Death or Balance that wouldn't be a problem. So I suggest that Orthrus should either attack ALL enemies or go with, getting rid of earthquake, putting orthrus in earthquakes spot, and putting Cyberus in Orthrus's spot. That way myth will be just as good as the other schools. And just for a note, I also think it is unfair that myth gets the orthrus pet. Therefore the other schools should get there grand pet too. Except for life and balance. But, if you think about it the myth quest for orthrus is extremley challenging compared to the other schools. So hopefully they improve to this idea. Otherwise myth is a usless school....

I think all of the critisism about myth is very rude to say about one school. i mean other schools have many flaws but why you go picking on myth? myth is perfectly fine the way it is and for a fact i hit 30,000 with orthrus. myth IS NOT a useless school and was balanced out to be the same power as all of the others. why are you people all focusing on myth??????!!!! it annoys me i mean ice hits lower than myth and life is basically only for healing (no offense to ice and life just an example) so before you critisize other schools, think about your own!

Kelsey Myth- Level 50 Myth

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Yeah Earthquake... no offense does suck :( Orthrus Should be the most powerful spell because myth is less of fighting class & spells are weaker.

Jason Ironshade lvl 46 Myth wizard. :)

Survivor
May 30, 2009
AlecVolterra wrote:
You all complain about this 1 card, when it is great and you have tones of others, earthquake hits all and takes wards and blades, you also have frog, orthrus hits to times and minotaur so you can get around pesky shields, you can destroy traps on you, break the defenses shields with a 1 pip card, and i believe break a blade. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?!?!? myth be named supreme school and everyone join that school or be looked down appone?!?!? LIFE DOESNT EVEN HAVE 1 SPELL THAT HITS MORE THAN ONE ENEMY! so be greatful, besides you have 4 minions that can be used for great combos -.- and your pet gives a rank 7 spell

Myth isnt much of a fighting class either. Plus you can heal yourself so.... Myth is even.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Cuban14 wrote:
i agree, Orthrus being the best spell, deserves to hit more than one enemy, in a battle pvp, the healers always heal a million times, and thats fine, but what if they always use it, and what if there are more than one, just one hit wont do it. it should be made to hit all, and maybe twice each, or maybe, one head hits, the other casts a ward.

Yeah & cards like frost giant do damage & stun all enemies

Survivor
May 30, 2009
syd01syd wrote:
i think orthrus should do 3907 damage or at least 2000 something none of the myth spells do in the 2000's! please make it do that much damage and make it put a shield around the wizard that casts the spell!

2000 Damage!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats insane!!!! even with a shield on your opponent you can still do lots of damage espescially if it is 2 time hit spell!!!!

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
First of all, I'm an ice wizard, so I don't have much point in posting here, but still. XD :) I have a voice

:P So frankly, I think that Earthquake would be an INCREDIBLY useful spell that I would DEFINITELY use, if I had a myth wizard!

....if it didn't destroy ALL wards and charms. This means: My weaknesses are destroyed, so are my traps. So are my friends traps. So are thier friends friends traps.

If they were to make it so that Earthquake did slightly more damge (IT does 310 right now, right? I think that 325 would be nice. :)) and only removed the positive wards and charms, then I would totally invest in it! :D

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Kelsey001 wrote:
CrackFire wrote:
sekots wrote:

Thats my idea!

I think all of the critisism about myth is very rude to say about one school. i mean other schools have many flaws but why you go picking on myth? myth is perfectly fine the way it is and for a fact i hit 30,000 with orthrus. myth IS NOT a useless school and was balanced out to be the same power as all of the others. why are you people all focusing on myth??????!!!! it annoys me i mean ice hits lower than myth and life is basically only for healing (no offense to ice and life just an example) so before you critisize other schools, think about your own!

Kelsey Myth- Level 50 Myth

HAha! I am myth! I am not picking on myth, and Orthrus should do more damage or be in earthquakes spot, and you know it!

Survivor
Oct 25, 2008
CrackFire wrote:
sekots wrote:

Thats my idea!

Good idea, CrackFire!

Defender
Feb 05, 2010
Sidynho wrote:
Myth Should't have lvl 7 aoe spell because its not a "damage" school.

Myth school already have the advantage for breaking shields with multiple attack lika minotaur and earthquake thats removes ALL shields for ALL the enemies.

The "damage" schools are fire and storm, it is not fair that a school that can already removes all the shields for all the enemys have a massive and big damage spells, that why Myth school is cool, because it is more a strategy school, not pure damage like storm or fire

Dude then how do you think of ice giant? You completely left that out. It is a AoE spell too you know. I also think that orthrus should be an AoE spell.
Lucas Drakebloom
Level 42
Sword saint
Ice wizard