Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone else having problems since last night's pat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
I've been playing a few days, but in those days I have never lost connection once, until today. I'm losing connection about every 5 minutes now.

Also I am seeing purple outlines of pets when I first enter an area now. Also a first.

I haven't noticed anyone else posting about problems related to the big update so I'm wondering if it's just me or if the problems are more widespread.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I am having the same problem with my connection. I submitted a report with Mr. Lincoln, so we will see what happens.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
My problem is that my castle's wallpaper is distorted. And I cannot access my craft bench without an error about the slots all filled when I never many anything yet.

Mr. Lincoln says, via the Help Desk, that ...

"Our senior wizards have been working very hard to get a fix in for this problem and are working to get it into the game by the weekend. In the meantime, we suggest working on other quests in the game."

I have yet to hear a reply about the corrupted wallpaper yet, however ...

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I'm having the sane problems since the update. I never got a connection lost before and I've been playing for about a month. Now I'm losing every 2-5 minutes if I'm walking around but not if I'm in a battle. Of course, I can't get to a battle I need to fight.

I, too, am awaiting a reply from Mr. Lincoln.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Well, my quest helper is totally broken. It is frozen in place when I get a new quest, always facing in front of me. When I was in the Labyrinth to get the Obsidian Chest and I went to defeat Zora Steelweilder, it said she was eight steps away from me while she was no where in sight. When I finally did find her, she and a minion were just standing in the street. Aren't they supposed to roam around? Vice versa, when I found another boss whose name I forgot that was in the same place, he WAS roaming around, but when I was directly next to him, my quest helper said he was five hundred steps ahead of me, though he was only about three steps to the left. As I said, my quest helper will not move, only faces in front of me, and the number of steps stays the same. And I tested this outside the Labyrinth, too. In the Crystal Grove my helper would not point to the crystal samples unless I faced them.

I only got disconnected once since the update, but that was one time too many. The only other time that I have been disconnected from Wizard101 before was when I have tried going back into my character selection screen after logging out (which is a quite annoying problem) and one other time when our connection on all of our computers went down for a few moments.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
Well, my quest helper is totally broken. It is frozen in place when I get a new quest, always facing in front of me. When I was in the Labyrinth to get the Obsidian Chest and I went to defeat Zora Steelweilder, it said she was eight steps away from me while she was no where in sight. When I finally did find her, she and a minion were just standing in the street. Aren't they supposed to roam around? Vice versa, when I found another boss whose name I forgot that was in the same place, he WAS roaming around, but when I was directly next to him, my quest helper said he was five hundred steps ahead of me, though he was only about three steps to the left. As I said, my quest helper will not move, only faces in front of me, and the number of steps stays the same. And I tested this outside the Labyrinth, too. In the Crystal Grove my helper would not point to the crystal samples unless I faced them.

I only got disconnected once since the update, but that was one time too many. The only other time that I have been disconnected from Wizard101 before was when I have tried going back into my character selection screen after logging out (which is a quite annoying problem) and one other time when our connection on all of our computers went down for a few moments.

At times, my Quest Helper does the same thing. I'll have to exit and reload the entire game, several times, before it "thaws out".

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
HeroicFool wrote:
I've been playing a few days, but in those days I have never lost connection once, until today. I'm losing connection about every 5 minutes now.

Also I am seeing purple outlines of pets when I first enter an area now. Also a first.

I haven't noticed anyone else posting about problems related to the big update so I'm wondering if it's just me or if the problems are more widespread.

Heroic Fool - Have you gotten an answer yet? I haven't and it has gotten worse. Now I can only stay connected about 30 seconds. This is so frustrating.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
I am also having problems with connection. I can connect fine, but within a few seconds to minutes of trying to do anything i loose connection. this happens over and over. I have not been able to accomplish anything. At first i thought it was me, but i checked my firewall and internet connection and all is fine. This never happened before the big update. I hope it can be resolved, because i love playing this game.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I too am having problems since the patch. Before I never lost connection. Now I lose connection constantly. I submitted a question to support so I hope to get an answer soon. This has been very frustrating.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I'm getting the same problem since the up date and I know of several other people that have it too

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
grrrr my game just says that it is firewalled even though i have every single part of the game allowed through my firewall before the july 1st patch my game was working fine but now i cant even play the game i have tryed re installing the game at least 3 times but still nothing

for those of you wondering i am on a windows vista basic system

any help would be very much apreciated :D

EDIT:
ive uninstalled the game now and it still wont let me play the game and i have wizard launcher un firewalled but when i go to un firewall the wizard graphical client in bin its not even there any more the only thing there is bug reporter this problem is very frustrating and i think it is happening to other people as well as me

Survivor
May 25, 2009
I am also having connection problems since the patch. Can,t walk done the street without loosing connection. Its very fustrating.

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
AuroraGriffin wrote:
Windlilly wrote:

At times, my Quest Helper does the same thing. I'll have to exit and reload the entire game, several times, before it "thaws out".

Dont use quest helper then it did not come till i was in dragonspyre and it i got quest done a

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
yeah i lost all my wall paper and tile it all turned pink and purple. but other that that anyone else having trouble logging in since the patch on july 13, 2009? that night before going to sleep i noticed a message as i exited wizard101 that said that they were going to have some downtime from 3 am to 4 am. the next morning when i tried to login the server pastch would not connect and i could not login. what gives? i've been trying to login eveer since july 14 at 7:00 am and still no luck. if anyone knows what the problem could be PLEASE post the help here. i am sure that there are more people having the same problem. i am seriously getting frustrated about this situation.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
megaflare wrote:
yeah i lost all my wall paper and tile it all turned pink and purple. but other that that anyone else having trouble logging in since the patch on july 13, 2009? that night before going to sleep i noticed a message as i exited wizard101 that said that they were going to have some downtime from 3 am to 4 am. the next morning when i tried to login the server pastch would not connect and i could not login. what gives? i've been trying to login eveer since july 14 at 7:00 am and still no luck. if anyone knows what the problem could be PLEASE post the help here. i am sure that there are more people having the same problem. i am seriously getting frustrated about this situation.

Mega! i am having the same exact problem it wont load a certain file and i cant log on, it gets about a 1/4th of the way into patching, and then stops. I logged on about a minute before the servers shut down for maintenance and then the next day, i tried to log on and it happened. Havent been able to log on since. Can anyone help me and him?

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
well i'm at least glad to know that i'm not alone with this patching problem but it would be nice if i got an answer faster from customer support. :( i have also noticed that a file went missing at just around the same time that i started having problems. my WizardGraphicalClient.exe file is missing. unfortunately when i tried to uninstall and reinstall the game that file wouldnt return. i searched on the internet and some antivirus software treat that file as a trojan virus and may delete it. after i knew that i temporarily turned off my antivirus shield and attempted to download the game again. yet again i failed. does anyone know of a way to get this file back?

Defender
May 15, 2009
megaflare wrote:
i searched on the internet and some antivirus software treat that file as a trojan virus and may delete it.

Don't rule out the possibility that your file may have been infected by a virus. You may want to update your anti-virus software and perform a full system scan.

Empty all of your temp directories before you attempt a reinstall. (reboot, delete all files in temp folders, reinstall W101)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I only have the pet problem when i start the game i see HUGE PETS THAT ARE PURPLE man it so weird and eachtime i go to The Drake Hathery my computer acts so slow it ticks me off

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
It is taking a very long to load when going anywere, like going to another area, tping to a friend to help in battle, etc. is there a solution for this problem? anyone else having this problem? thanks Diana Mythwhisper :( :? :(

Defender
May 15, 2009
Rubygirl64 wrote:
It is taking a very long to load when going anywere, like going to another area, tping to a friend to help in battle, etc. is there a solution for this problem?

Defragment your hard drive now and after any software update or install.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
I too see purple pets, sometimes large, when I first enter an area. Also, occasionally, my game freezes and quits, but not every 5 minutes.