Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to make Dagger

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I get a message (All crafting slots are in use.) when I try to craft my 'Dagger of Absolution' for crafting.

I don't have any idea what may be wrong but would really like to hear some feedback.

Maybe it is a bug, or just something I am unaware of.

Any help is appreciated.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Well your not the only one with this problem im having the same thing happen to me i'm going to try getting what i need for two instead of one and see if theres crafting table upgrade things lol

Defender
May 28, 2009
Unfortunately, there are "Cool Down" times for all items made in a given slot. Depending on what you're making the cool down time can be from 5 minutes up to (I've heard) 9 hours. Could be more. I'm not sure. You will have to wait until that slot cools down before you can make anything else in it. You will eventually have more slots to work with but apparently the number of items required to reach the next level also increases so you will probably end up using all those slots anyway and be in the same situation.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
Unfortunately, there are "Cool Down" times for all items made in a given slot. Depending on what you're making the cool down time can be from 5 minutes up to (I've heard) 9 hours. Could be more. I'm not sure. You will have to wait until that slot cools down before you can make anything else in it. You will eventually have more slots to work with but apparently the number of items required to reach the next level also increases so you will probably end up using all those slots anyway and be in the same situation.

Does that mean that when you first start, you immediately have to wait for the 'cool down' time? I am having the same error message, and I haven't even made one item yet.

Delver
May 29, 2009
In order to make the two daggers you will have a one minute cool down time before you can hit the create button again. When you get to the rings of insight you have to make three of them and it takes longer to cool down.

My advice is once you have enough items to make one do so then go find more while the first cools down

I haven't got up to the nine hour thing yet but one of my items took three hours before I could craft another.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Misnomer wrote:
Does that mean that when you first start, you immediately have to wait for the 'cool down' time? I am having the same error message, and I haven't even made one item yet.

Yes, you immediately have to wait after you have created something. On the other hand if you have not EVER created anything then that is a problem. If ever in doubt go to your character page and click on the Crafting Slots tab next to badges. That page will show you your slots and how much time is left before you can create another item. This page should have also been added to the crafting table dialog to eliminate confusion. This suggestion was made when the update was in test but for whatever reason it was not implemented. I believe that KI wanted to make sure that you would be able to check your cool down times no matter where you were in the game. But definitely, if you have never created anything and are still getting this message then you should report it to Mr. Lincoln.