Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Bigger They are (Defeat jotun) bugged

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
I would like to say this encounter is definatly bugged. I have tried it several times with a full group and we can't even get 5-6 turns without all dieing..

The problem is this.

First off you are facing 3 bosses and one elite with the health being as follows

Boss 8000
Boss 9000
Boss 8000
Elite 1100

The problem isn't there health but the way they attack. They always get the "interrupt" thing over their heads and use attacks that are dealing HUGE damage and do not cost the bosses any pips. I got hit with Judgement several times on the first round from bosses with 1 pip and the judgement hit me for 810 damage and that is with 20% to all resist on my gear. I died the first round from this ofcourse. The second round they had 2 pips (didn't cost them any to use it) and once again interrupt pops up. The second player died this round because he was hit with 2 of those judgements he took 900 damage from each and then was hit with a 800 damage earthquake that didnt remove shields. Everyone was hit with the earthquake though. The fight kept going like this bosses not using their pips and doing 800+ damage attacks every round.

I would like a response from a moderator on this, because this cannot be working as intended. I don't even think this is the last boss in the place!

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
Tgrable wrote:
I would like to say this encounter is definatly bugged. I have tried it several times with a full group and we can't even get 5-6 turns without all dieing..

The problem is this.

First off you are facing 3 bosses and one elite with the health being as follows

Boss 8000
Boss 9000
Boss 8000
Elite 1100

The problem isn't there health but the way they attack. They always get the "interrupt" thing over their heads and use attacks that are dealing HUGE damage and do not cost the bosses any pips. I got hit with Judgement several times on the first round from bosses with 1 pip and the judgement hit me for 810 damage and that is with 20% to all resist on my gear. I died the first round from this ofcourse. The second round they had 2 pips (didn't cost them any to use it) and once again interrupt pops up. The second player died this round because he was hit with 2 of those judgements he took 900 damage from each and then was hit with a 800 damage earthquake that didnt remove shields. Everyone was hit with the earthquake though. The fight kept going like this bosses not using their pips and doing 800+ damage attacks every round.

I would like a response from a moderator on this, because this cannot be working as intended. I don't even think this is the last boss in the place!
interrupt is gone now and if you beat the bosses in Helgrind Warren and that other place on the other side of the Hall of Valor both the 7000 boss and 8000 bosses won't be there when you fight Jotun.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Yes I did it prior to the interrupts being removed and took the advice of other wizards and simply killed Jotun's brothers on either side of him first then they did not show up for the fight with him. The interrupts still made it tough but it was managable. So kill off his brothers first and the fight will go much easier for you.

Nathanielle Spellhammer
Lvl 46 Pyromancer