Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question for the Sorcerers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Alright, I have a question for other sorcerers like myself. When in a group doing battle, does your mander help everyone but you? This is something I have noticed all throughout the game. When I have been in a group battle and called my mander to help me, he helps everyone but me. Am I the only one having this problem? Oh and if another calls their minion forget about either one of us being helped, he only helps the other minion. Anyone?

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
EmeraldCollins wrote:
Alright, I have a question for other sorcerers like myself. When in a group doing battle, does your mander help everyone but you? This is something I have noticed all throughout the game. When I have been in a group battle and called my mander to help me, he helps everyone but me. Am I the only one having this problem? Oh and if another calls their minion forget about either one of us being helped, he only helps the other minion. Anyone?

my mander, who i call bob helps me if he is next to me, if someone is betwen he helps thiem. i have found though that by talking to bob he 'learns to help me' hope this helps

Survivor
May 28, 2009
I too have mander minion and to me it seems he usually helps everyone, but especially the person who is first (They'll have a sun on the ground in front of them) 8)

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
I'm a balance wizard and what i have noticed is that whoever is to the right of the mander is the one he helps the most. So try to be to his right if you want his help more frequently :)

Delver
May 29, 2009
I am a magus sorceror with life as my second school. I have a mander and a spectral minion. My mander Zen (because he is so peaceful) helps everyone to his right. If I am in the position and someone else is in the eye and he is in the star he will take turns. He puts shields on each of us including himself but most of his pips are turned over the person in the eye position.

Yes I think you are right about the other minion thing though. I was playing with a life character and he called his sprite minion in to help. Zen kept giving shields to his sprite and she kept healing Zen. I think it is AI minion crush.

My Spectral Minions Seth (storm), Goliath (ice), and Fritz (fire) only help themselves as far as blades go. They do use taunt, subdue and pacify to draw the enemy fire to them though.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
The same goes for the Life minion, the Life minion will heal someone else that shows up in your battle and heal herself but rarely heal you when someone else is in the battle. Pretty soon the minions are going to be healing and buffing the bosses since they did the enhanced boss battles they might as well mess up the AI even more and implement minions helping the enemy also. :D