Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

safe from battles?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 10, 2009
Can someone tell me how to not get sucked into a battle in Marleybone?

Tanner Shadowblade level 28

Survivor
Apr 30, 2009
I always walk right down the center and keep a close eye on my surroundings.But, that is still no guarantee!

Administrator
Where the sidewalks are safe in most worlds of the Spiral, Marleybone takes place on the rooftops of the buildings in that world. The safest place on a rooftop is far from the edges, so stick to the middle and watch for creatures darting across!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
ok well i always go in the middle and it works a little but its not totally safe so watch out

Natalie Winter Bloom - lvl 31

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Walking down the middle of the rooftop has always worked for me-but when around running monsters such as Gearheads, I find that it is easier to run behind one of them at a safe distance. That way, you can't be caught by surprise.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You can't get through the rooftops in a hurry. Each group of enemies has a certain pattern that they run. Take 20 seconds to watch that pattern. With the cats and rats, the middle may be best, but with the golems - watch out! they run as fast as us and criss-cross the middle or turn in a circle. If you have watched their pattern, you have a much better chance of getting through, but no method is foolproof.
Good Luck!

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
the regular mobs (ruffian o,learys) run in a U pattern but the golems run in a square pattern so stay behind them. hope this helps

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I find one of the most annoying things to be is when you are exiting combat you get sucked right back in by something that either spawns ontop of you or walks right up behind you as you are leaving. Seems to happen more in Marleybone then anywhere else.

Really wish there was like a 5 second grace period after leaving combat before you can be pulled back in.