Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death School Issues

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 31, 2008
Well, I am a Death Wizard, and i understand the beguile bug. I wanted to say something which i am NOT happy about.

Thanks for fixing it by the way, I will explain the bug anyway for those who missed it, if someone cast a Beguile in the last round of a PvP, That person would also lose points.

now the trouble is, I loved it, When the spell cast i.e. Rebirth, If beguiled, it would go to the other team! I LOVE THIS. Now i understand not letting the winning teams points drop, But why not this?

Its one of deaths special abilities isn't it?

Death is a slightly odd school, apart from being the main school in the Storyline by Runaway Professor Drake(Malistaire), We get cards which are somewhat useless in either PvP or PvE.

Now firstly, Doom and Gloom doesn't boost Deaths attacks, which is something of an issue, It only halfs heals, this effects Death Wizards as well. I think it should also boost deaths attacks, Ok because it halfs heals, it might only boost them by 20% but at least something. Make doom and Gloom USEFUL in PvE as well as PvP.

Also beguile, It WASN'T an issue before, but now it is, Since Although it Stuns, It lets the other team see your cards, this is something of a waste, since the player still casts the Rebirth on their team if they go second, They are free to heal and it doesn't help.

Before it was useful in PvP and PvE. Now its only useful really in PvE.

Also: Is this a bug? Or is the change in Beguiles effects intended?

-Swift

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
I have a level 32 death student and I can say that we don need doom and gloom to boost death attacks TRUST me we get plenty of buffs nad in PVP it is overpowered to use wraith and heal yourself for full and pretty much one shot someone else :) but for beguile not working I think it should like if they cast rebirth it goes on the other team :D but that would make death students
WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY ( 1,000,000 ways later ) WAy Way way..... to powerful.... when you see someone has 7 pips you cast beguile and it back fires completely on them.... and added with your teams attacks well I think we have a wipe out situation... so I am ok with the beguile effects for now.... but something to change about doom and gloom how about it reduces LIFE wizard heals and boosts DEATH wizard heals..... something like that would be awesome :D

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Not all spells have to be useful in both pvp AND pve. Beguile really did need to be changed because with its old form, beguile is an effective kamikase tactic in grouped pvp. Even with its new form, it can still kamikase if the opposing team is careless enough.

Doom and Gloom is fine the way it is IMO. I've always seen it as being a pvp style spell, and with cards like stun shield and infection coming with Grizzleheim, Kingsisle seems to be creating some cards with pvp in mind.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
May 31, 2008
ok, i agree to a certain extent. The problem for me is:

When a player casts beguile, they person who it effects can see the other teams cards, and therefore warn there friends.

Also, it is a helpful card - at least was, when it turned the persons card against them, isn't that the point of Death? To manipulate the situation to there best interest?

I understand that it might seem over powered, But at least can it have some purpose?

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
cbfan14 wrote:
Not all spells have to be useful in both pvp AND pve. Beguile really did need to be changed because with its old form, beguile is an effective kamikase tactic in grouped pvp. Even with its new form, it can still kamikase if the opposing team is careless enough.

Doom and Gloom is fine the way it is IMO. I've always seen it as being a pvp style spell, and with cards like stun shield and infection coming with Grizzleheim, Kingsisle seems to be creating some cards with pvp in mind.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

yep ice knows to forms of taunt and they dont work in pvp

besides the death field DOES help your death members
sense you are death about 1/2 of your spells are drains, correct? this means they do damage and heal you half of that damage

the field lowers healing of both teams but death students can get around that using drain spells to heal and weakenning the other team in healing stats
ty and i hope this helps

Alex Seasword-
Grandmaster Ice, Master Balance, Magus life