Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Marleybone is London!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
I think that Marleybone is that british country, London. But how 'bout making it Australia? ANSWER MEH!

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
cows2345 wrote:
I think that Marleybone is that british country, London. But how 'bout making it Australia? ANSWER MEH!

London is a city, not a country. Britain is a country. London is the capital of Britain.

There are a number of reasons that it is not Australia:

1. Sherlock Bones is a referance to Sherlock Holmes, a british detective in Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" series. Sherlock Holmes lives at 221 B Baker Street, while Sherlock Bones lives at 221 B Barker Street.

2. The Big Ben is an actual clock tower in London. There is no Big Ben in Australia.

3. Scotland Yard is a real police station in London. Not Australia.

There's probably even more British references in Marlybone, but I'm not very far into it, so I haven't found any more.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Blazian wrote:
cows2345 wrote:

London is a city, not a country. Britain is a country. London is the capital of Britain.

1. Sherlock Bones is a referance to Sherlock Holmes, a british detective in Arthur Conan Doyle's "Sherlock Holmes" series. Sherlock Holmes lives at 221 B Baker Street, while Sherlock Bones lives at 221 B Barker Street.

2. The Big Ben is an actual clock tower in London. There is no Big Ben in Australia.

There's probably even more British references in Marlybone, but I'm not very far into it, so I haven't found any more.

:-o You forgot 4. ACCENT!

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
Blazian wrote:
cows2345 wrote:

To be honest, I think it was BY FAR Very CLEVER from KingsIsle to think of the clever brain process to these references with the thought of any Copyright issues. Kingsisle, You are smarter than most of the people I have met.. (Not my friends, They are smart)