Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need your ideas!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Halloween will be here before we know it, and we want to make sure all of the wizards are dressed appropriately. What costumes, clothing items, or pets would you like be able to purchase in the shopping district for your character for Halloween?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 29, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
What costumes, clothing items, or pets would you like be able to purchase in the shopping district for your character for Halloween?

Obligatory: Pirates and Ninjas!

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
Pirate costumes! Cowboy hats and boots! Fake beards! Domino masks so when you wear a cape you look like a superhero!

Maybe costumes based on monsters and spells. Should I get mummy wrappings in Krokatopia, put on my Gobbler mask, or just wear the full Stormzilla outfit? How about costumes that let you dress up as one of the teachers? Maybe there could be a quest or two where gathering certain things from monsters lets you make a costume of your own.

As for pets, we already have some spooky Death school pets and the Bloodbat. Is there a Haunted Minion pet? How about a tiny werewolf or a big hairy spider?

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
1. Pumpkin Mask

2. Random Hell Hounds popping up roaring, "Happy Halloween!"

3. A wand/staff topped with a Pumpkin.

4. Ambrose dressing as Chuck Norris :)

5. The Ability to change yourself into a Hopping Pumpkin! :-)

Thats all I got.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
How about a pumpkin suit? Watching pumpkins wobble around town would be good for a laugh, and it would neatly explain why our characters don't jump very high.

It might also be fun to be able to "be" a monster for a while. It would likely be purely cosmetic, but it could be fun, and it could be made into a quest very easily.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2008
Here are some suggestions from me:

Pets

Skeleton Horse

Jack O' Lantern

Witch (floating on the broom)

Undead Pirate

Vampire

Ghoul

Ghost

Staffs

Skeletal Staff:

Damage: 55 cold
Level: 5+
School: Death Only

Staff of Horrors:

Damage: 55
School: Myth

Dark Flame Staff

Level:5+
School: Fire

Black Ice Staff:

Level: 5
School: Ice

Squall Staff:

Level: 5
School: Storm

Quick Sand Staff:

School: Balance

Staff of Thorns

School: Life

Robe Sets

Skeletal

Vampire

Pirate

Hats

Pirate Bandanna

Pirate Hat

Bunny ears

Jack O' Lantern

Quests

These are some ideas that we could do some quests with some new card rewards!

Frankenstein Manor: Location -Wizard City

Mummy Trouble: Location - Palace of Fire Krokotopia

Werewolf Blues: Location - Wizard City

Capturing Jack the Ripper: - MarleyBone

Curing Dr Jekyll - MarleyBone

Defeat the Night Scourge (Dracula) - Wizard City

This is all I have, I was thinking that the cards could be about Halloween but not be Treasure Cards. This way we could show it off in years to come.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Here are some ideas I have for Halloween

Costumes
1. Vampire outfits
2. Flying brooms
3. Pumpkins on players heads
4. Different wing sets (angel, demon, fairys, etc etc)
5. Trick or treat bags (or something on those lines)

Pets
1. Pumpkins
2. Ghosts
3. Black cats
4. New colors for pets that are in game already

I know this was not asked but

1. Pumpkin head monster (can make this a rare card for an event/quest)
2. Rare monsters that spawn only on holidays
3. Trick or treat event
4. Dueling tournament (level brackets such as levels 1-5 , 5-10 , etc)

Thanks for your time and hope this helps in anyway.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
Well, on topic for Halloween but off-topic for things to buy in the shopping district...

Light up lots of places in all the worlds to be able to go to to trick-or-treat! Sort of a seasonal quest thing that would pop-up each year at the proper time. Have to visit so many total houses to get the final reward of...whatever! ;-)

Survivor
Jun 07, 2008
Fairy Costume and I mean has to have WINGS and be blue :)

Pumpkin Staff - Pumpkin wand

PETs
- Black Cat
- Scary Pumkin Head with fire comeing out of its eyes and mouth that maybe has wings and flys as you walk like the Pig
- A green Frog
- Scare Crow

Survivor
Jul 21, 2008
I was kinda thinking where theres a 'free halloween only' costume shop. Where you just get a costume you like and wear it! And for the pets they would be floating pumpkins maybe.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2008
a new street for trick or treating

certain house give you candy ( which can be traded in for costumes and other holloween items) others have you fight a rank 1-4 monster for a halloween treasure card

Survivor
Jun 10, 2008
Survivor
May 29, 2008
Hats for girls:
Red Devil horns with and/or without red mask.
Cat Ears
Ghost Mask
Fairy/pixie crown
Tiara

Gowns for girls:
Red dress
cat suit with tail
ghost dress
Fairy/pixie dress with wings
Princess dress (very poofy girly dress)

Boots for girls:
Red high heels
bare kitty feet
invisible feet (for a floating ghost look)
Fairy/pixie shoes with curled toes
Princess slippers

Wands for girls:
Red devil trident staff
Cat paw hands
Dangling ghostly cloth from hands

Hats for boys:
Ghost mask
Vampire face with fangs showing
Skeleton mask
Generic superhero mask
Headmaster's Hat

Gowns for boys:
Ghost robes
Vampire tuxedo
skeleton suit
Generic superhero costume with cape
Headmaster's Robes

Shoes for boys:
Invisible feet
Shiny black shoes with tuxedo legs
Skeleton suit feet
Generic superhero boots
Headmaster's Shoes

Wands for boys:
Staff with skeleton head for top
Bone wand
Headmaster's Staff

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
oh this is going to be great every once and a while a skeliton dragon pops or bust out a wall gives you a easy quest to repair the wall then awards you with a skeliton dragon pets that also is a fighter like a clockwork golem

you get skeliton costumes and a pet skeliton ... like a unicorn or bat or dragon only in the pop out

death school gives a dragon skul mask and a staff with a skull on it and other things for short easy quests

Survivor
Jun 27, 2008
oh this will be verey great so this game is magical whats more magical than you as your pet and your pet is you like your the mini dragon and the mini dragon has been trasformed into you and theres a chamber near golem tower that putes the spell on you so your transformed into your pet and when you fight you pet/ human you uses your spells and you like if a dragon breaths what ever type of wizard you are and a pig sonic bounces and when you do a holiday quest you get a card you can se any time to make you a pet aging and i was thinking what if you added spells like fake death and revive that you can use any time just for fun

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
I actualy think that for Halloween only the death school people should be given quests and associated bonuses.
For the other schools they each have their own days as well:
Ice: Dec 21
Life: March 21
Fire: June 21
Balance: September 21
Myth: April 1
Storm: July 1
Everyone gets stuff on Feb 29

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
I think that it awsome that we get something for Haloween. I was thinking about using a Grim Reaper costume with the hood,robes,shoes, and scythe. You could also try make costumes of other creatures like ghosts, trolls, kroks, skeletons, or maybe some of the teachers. The quest idea is pretty nice too. Maybe you could have some sort of special monsters like werewolves or demons. You could even give out treasure cards for prizes or even emotes! You could have some sort of Boo! emote where you look like you are scaring someone. Well i hope these ideas helped and i might have more.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
Lots of great ideas in this list. Here is some I came up with so far.

Jack-O-Latern Hat (With candle flame eyes animation)
Black Outfit with Skeleton Graphic
Black Cat Pet
Scarecrow with Pumpkin Head Pet
Black Crow (perched on shoulder)(screeching "nevermore, nevermore")
Orange Hair
Skull and Crossbones Hat
Snake Hairdo (Medusa like animated hair)
Burning Flames Hair (animated hair)
Sheet Ghost Outfit (Just big sheet with holes for eyes)
Pumpkin Head Wand

Unique Item/Idea

Trick or Treat Candies
(When opened gives a reward. Some coin, experience, special Halloween item, regular item, special Haloween themed treasure cards, etc)

Survivor
May 21, 2008
scorpio101 wrote:
oh this will be verey great so this game is magical whats more magical than you as your pet and your pet is you like your the mini dragon and the mini dragon has been trasformed into you and theres a chamber near golem tower that putes the spell on you so your transformed into your pet and when you fight you pet/ human you uses your spells and you like if a dragon breaths what ever type of wizard you are and a pig sonic bounces and when you do a holiday quest you get a card you can se any time to make you a pet aging and i was thinking what if you added spells like fake death and revive that you can use any time just for fun

You know, I love the idea of being able to "dress up" as your pet, and have your "pet" look like a miniature wizard. Also, I don't think I've seen that done before.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Kilajula wrote:

Hats for boys:
Ghost mask
Vampire face with fangs showing
Skeleton mask
Generic superhero mask
Headmaster's Hat

Gowns for boys:
Ghost robes
Vampire tuxedo
skeleton suit
Generic superhero costume with cape
Headmaster's Robes

Shoes for boys:
Invisible feet
Shiny black shoes with tuxedo legs
Skeleton suit feet
Generic superhero boots
Headmaster's Shoes

Wands for boys:
Staff with skeleton head for top
Bone wand
Headmaster's Staff

HAHA!! Love it.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Biochemie wrote:
I actualy think that for Halloween only the death school people should be given quests and associated bonuses.
For the other schools they each have their own days as well:
Ice: Dec 21
Life: March 21
Fire: June 21
Balance: September 21
Myth: April 1
Storm: July 1
Everyone gets stuff on Feb 29

That's a really cool idea...I think I'd put Fire in July (could have a fireworks themed week), and Storm in April. ^_^

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
Maybe you could make some Halloween decorations that appear randomly in the central areas and give gold or items, much like treasure chests. For example, in The Commons, you could have a haystack and pumpkins/scarecrow appear. In The Oasis, it could perhaps be something that looks like a pumpkin/gourd/fruit assembly - more appropriate for the visuals of that area. So on and so forth. Or maybe the drops could be of Halloween items like a themed hat, robe, or shoes that only occur in drops. Something like that. It would add to the festive atmosphere and be something fun to do at the same time.

A 'Find the Scarecrows' quest. The reward could be credit to the Pet Shop for a Halloween Pet. Or a Scarecrow costume or something. Also, plenty of gold to help players support their Halloween buying habits.

I love the black cat idea. It would be a must-have for me. When thinking of familiars, a raven also comes to mind. And a little devil-imp would be so cute. If it's not too impractical, it could also come with its own animations that would play each time you used the imp card. That would be something that would be fun to play with and show off long after Halloween is gone.

I would love being able to go to the shops and buy items with the ability to choose amongst Halloween-themed textures to apply in various combinations to wardrobe items. There could perhaps be a 'textures' tab and you would click on the selections much like you do for colors. That way, not everybody's Halloween clothes would look exactly the same, and it would allow for some individual expression. I have always been a fan of textures and patterns; if you were to do something like this you would own my soul :P

One thing I would like to mention is please be kind when considering pricing for any specialty items that you might make available. After all, the idea is to have fun. As it is, I have to play until my fingers hurt in order to afford any items from the Shops. Kids with limited computer time would not be able to do this and still have enough gold to buy all of the fun stuff. Prices need to be very accessible so that players can enjoy getting the fun stuff and still have plenty of play time left to go show it all off.

Sorry for the book! Guess I got carried away!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
Survivor
Jul 25, 2008
MasterForm wrote:
1. Pumpkin Mask

2. Random Hell Hounds popping up roaring, "Happy Halloween!"

3. A wand/staff topped with a Pumpkin.

4. Ambrose dressing as Chuck Norris :)

5. The Ability to change yourself into a Hopping Pumpkin! :-)

Thats all I got.

i like the idea about the wand but it should be available for every school

and I would like to add a pet like a dog on fire with a pumpkin head it would be very cool.