Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help! my guiding arrow is gone!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2009
the yellow arrow that guides me to my quests and stuff is gone!!! what happened

Administrator
Make sure you have a qualified quest selected in your Quest Journal. Quests like Zeke's Stray Cat Strut do not qualify for the Quest Helper.

The T key toggles this arrow on and off, so press T to see if it comes back.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Gamma wrote:
Make sure you have a qualified quest selected in your Quest Journal. Quests like Zeke's Stray Cat Strut do not qualify for the Quest Helper.

The T key toggles this arrow on and off, so press T to see if it comes back.

Mine is forever shutting itself off, makes me crazy to look for it and not find it when I need it.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
badman13232 wrote:

You go to your spellbook, do to tools, cant remember what its called, but go to that, um, Oh, gameplay options i think go to the bottom where it says Quest Helper, and turn it on.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Youtube910 wrote:
badman13232 wrote:

You go to your spellbook, do to tools, cant remember what its called, but go to that, um, Oh, gameplay options i think go to the bottom where it says Quest Helper, and turn it on.

My question is, how many times do you turn it on and it actually STAY on?

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
Whiterose2 wrote:
Youtube910 wrote:
badman13232 wrote:

My question is, how many times do you turn it on and it actually STAY on?

After turning it on click ok.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
badman13232 wrote:

Ya um this happens to me allot usually my arrow will disappear randomly which is very sad, but if that happens to me I go to my spell book and go to options then go click gameplay options then you turn on your quest guider or something like that. I hope that helps

Defender
Dec 14, 2009
ompace wrote:
badman13232 wrote:

Ya um this happens to me allot usually my arrow will disappear randomly which is very sad, but if that happens to me I go to my spell book and go to options then go click gameplay options then you turn on your quest guider or something like that. I hope that helps

I was annoyed by this apparent problem myself, until I figured out what was going on.

First. The (T) key will toggle the quest helper. If you go to type into the chat window without hitting ENTER first, and the first letter of what you were going to type happens to have been a T, well, then you just turned off your quest helper. :S

Now that I know (T) toggles the quest helper, it's extremely simple to turn on or off at any time I choose. Try that, it may solve a lot of your frustrations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Steven SkullHammer - Level 50 (Grandmaster Thaumaturge)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 18 (Journeyman Theurgist)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 10 (Initiate Pyromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 8 (Apprentice Necromancer)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 5 (Apprentice Diviner)
Steven SkullHammer - Level 2 (Novice Sorcerer)

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
Sometimes, whether you have Text Chat or not, if you acidentally press 'T' whitout your Text Chat Box for typing messages, it turns off. If you acidentally press 'T', then press 'T' again. Sorry if this sounds so confusing!

Hannah Dragonsword, level 43 Fire and working on Roselyn Ghostblood level 20 Life.

Survivor
May 20, 2010
Thank you Thank you Wh1rledPeas !!!!!

You are a life saver. All I had to do was open my quest area, click on a qualifying quest and then hit "T" and the mystery is solved! OMG - that was making me CRAZY!!!