Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What computer are YOU using?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I've been having quite a bit of trouble with my laptop lately and it's got me to wondering...what is everyone else using and why?

I currently have an HP and, ugh, I regret purchasing it. The left-click broke a few months ago when I was playing a game and the volume control touchpad is just deader than a doornail. I tried to get the store I bought it at to fix it but they said they couldn't so I sent it away. Then HP said they didn't cover physical damage even though the spring broke on its own and not due to my abusing it. I took it back to the store and now they'll either fix it or replace it...which fulfills my contract meaning no warranty for me unless I shell out like another $300 for one not knowing if it'd even be worth it anyways. -_- Mind you, my laptop is less than a year old...

Before that, I had a SONY and it crashed within a few months and wouldn't start up for weeks. I'd like to get a Mac because they seem nice and not quite as hard to get repaired if you have ApppleCare but now I'm stuck with this clunker and am thinking about selling any new laptop I might get as a replacement and putting that money towards a Mac.

So what about you? What are you using and do you like it? Why or why not?

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008

If you like laptops I would get a full blown keyboard that you plug in to it.
Laptop keyboards are kind of fragile in my opinion, not the best for gaming.

Since you asked I have a 4 year old Dell XPS home computer.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Survivor
Apr 03, 2009
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
i have a dell and its been doing me fine, i have even downloaded a bunch of things i didnt even know what they were and its still up and running well.it does lagg a tiny bit, but i think that was because of me

Explorer
Feb 07, 2009
I was using a HP But in crashed and i took it in and he said the mother bord was fryed and i need a new one and it is almost as much money as the computer so i swiched to my old desk top and it works allot better and it is a windos with intel

Survivor
Sep 29, 2008
Delver
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I used to use an Emachine (before i played wizard 101) and after a couple of years the mother board (the thing that if it breaks, the computer wont work) litterly fried, it burnt and i could smell it. now i use windows vista and it only lags on the internet, because I have wireless internet in my room upstairs and our router is in the basement.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Necropolic wrote:
I have a Toshiba, and I rarely lag.
i have a toshiba a215 never had any lag and then they up updated the bazaar and now it takes for ever when have go in a door or out a door its not that bad but my friends have to wait on me i looked and it takes a gig of ram when i go in or out a door whats up with this no matter the realm if its full or not i got the bug lol some one help the really bad part is it is very very slow when i pvp to the point i think its not going to load and i have lost when it starts i have lost all the count down and half of the first turn all i have dont on this computer is play wizards scott deathhammer-grandmaster-fire=balance-master=storm=noob myth

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
LaadyX wrote:
So what about you? What are you using and do you like it? Why or why not?

We have 3 HP laptops here, from 8 months to 5 years old and NEVER had an issue with any one of them. The one I am using I did have to have replaced a month after I bought it, but they were wonderful about it (HP Care plan) and I actually got one back that is better than the one I had to send in.

I love HP and wouldn't have anything else here.

As far as networks, we have a wireless in our house, on DSL line. 3 of us play at the same time and have no issues at all.