Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Message From A Wizard Asking A VERY Important Qu

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Please ask before you jump into a fight.

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT when someone jumps into my battle and uses up my traps. Or, worse, jumps in, waits for another monster to join the battle, and flees.

If you want to port to a friend, ask before you port.

Lots of people would agree with me (post if you do :-) ).

SO PLEASE STOP BEING SO RUDE!!!!!

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 31 Magus Sorcerer

Defender
May 28, 2009
I agree completely! It is only polite to ask or knock before you enter someones home, office, bedroom, whatever. I think that kids these days just don't understand this. A couple of weeks ago I had one of the neighborhood kids walking around in my house looking for my kids. lol. A port without asking, especially while you're in a battle, is no different in my opinion than just walking into someones house without knocking. Luckily, KI is updating the game to give us the option of allowing ports or not. Oh, and by the way, they don't have to wait for another monster to show up. Even if someone ports and then flees right away, the next time a monster bumps into your dueling ring they will see that someone has been there and join in the fight anyway. This has happened to me on three different occasions and one of those was at least a minute and a half AFTER the Port-And-Flee'er (or Paffer for short) had left.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
There are many threads on the board dealing with this issue and a lot of people agree with you, myself included.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I understand what you are saying but this is a multi player game. This annoys me as well but it is to be expected since the game is aimed at younger players. Also you should keep in mind the ones that are likely to jump into your fights are very unlikely to be reading these forums.

Administrator
We have an upcoming feature that may alleviate some of your stress. It will allow you to set whether or not you want friends to Teleport to you. This will not, of course, affect players who jump in to a battle uninvited, but it will provide you with some control over when your friends Teleport to you.

Look for this option in the upcoming announcements early in July.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I think that's a little much actually. I dislike when people jump into my battles when I'm in a rush (because who wants to flee and lose all their magic?) but I'd never expect people to ask if it's okay. A lot of the time, people don't even answer you when you talk to them almost as if they don't know you're talking to them in the first place or just don't care to speak. And really, part of the game is group battling. I'd like there to be an option for privatizing battles but really, that'd be difficult because there wouldn't be enough space for everyone. Maybe they could just make a server like that, one that allows you to fight entirely alone, I dunno.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
Gamma wrote:
We have an upcoming feature that may alleviate some of your stress. It will allow you to set whether or not you want friends to Teleport to you. This will not, of course, affect players who jump in to a battle uninvited, but it will provide you with some control over when your friends Teleport to you.

Look for this option in the upcoming announcements early in July.

gamma while this will be helpfull it will also be hurtfull. you did an update a while back that let the one porting know where they would be going, how about just giving the one being ported to the option, like the friend request box, so we can see who wants to port and choose who to let port. i have some very wonderfull friends, both high and low i would like to be able to call on, but the new option is an all or nothing. so i have a choice let those who "forget to ask" before porting pop in or go without help when i need it.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
LaadyX wrote:
I think that's a little much actually. I dislike when people jump into my battles when I'm in a rush (because who wants to flee and lose all their magic?) but I'd never expect people to ask if it's okay. A lot of the time, people don't even answer you when you talk to them almost as if they don't know you're talking to them in the first place or just don't care to speak. And really, part of the game is group battling. I'd like there to be an option for privatizing battles but really, that'd be difficult because there wouldn't be enough space for everyone. Maybe they could just make a server like that, one that allows you to fight entirely alone, I dunno.

how about just giving us the option for each time someone want to port
like the friend request option

Explorer
May 09, 2009
LaadyX wrote:

Privatizing battles could go into the wrong hands.

Imagine that you really want this boss drop so you go there to fight him, however someone is there. He/she won't let you in because the battle is private. Also if you need help nobody would be able to nor would they want to because you just turned them down from battling. This also applies to your server idea.

I think the best way to solve this is just asking before you jump in, or a button like Gamma posted to ask first.

Explorer
Nov 02, 2008
Oh, I know! That happened to me when I was lvl like, 16, maybe. A girl joined my battle with 2 rank 4s (rank 4s were hard for me then), I already was fighting them alone, another enemy joined, and she fled! I lost that battle because of her. It stinks!

~Michael ThunderSpear
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008

Or, I would like the option to delete Wizards that I have as friends that keep porting to me with out my OK.
Wait a minuet, I do that now and these friends don't do that.

LOL