Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I'm completely new to the game and was just wondering...

Which would be the best secondary school for a Storm wizard who wishes to solo as much as possible? Life? Balance?

Thanks in advance!

Defender
May 15, 2009
I solo with life due to storm's extreme squishiness. (Every school has different health points, with storm being the lowest and ice being the tank.)

Search for threads with this same question; you aren't the first to ask.

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
I've gotten far with Life and Death both as secondary schools. I got the healing spells for Life and I like the attack/steal health with Death. But seeing as how some gaming features may change, you might stick strictly with Life.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
My lvl 45 storm wizard also has life as it's secondary. I soloed most of the game. Not only was the ability to heal myself welcome, but I love using the life attack spells on storm monsters. I picked up some balance shields in Krok, but that is all I have needed from any of the other schools so far. I have five training points and no idea what to use them on. :?

Defender
May 15, 2009
tlcourtney wrote:
...I love using the life attack spells on storm monsters.

Question, since you are higher than I: Does there ever come a point where prisms aren't enough against like-schooled foes?

(I use prisms to retain power-pip benefit and get a damage boost against storm foes.)

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
For a Storm wizard I would choose either Life or Myth. Life for the healing cause sTorm is at a huge health disadvantage. Myth would be good cause storm enemies boost myth attacks. Also Myth has earthquake which is a good arena spell if you do try arena.

Also prisms are very good against same school foes and they will be used a lot. I used my prisms a ton throughout the game and they are super helpful no matter what world your in.

Wolf SparkleSword
Lvl 50 Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
Life is a good choice for storm only because you need the ability to heal. I have a grandmaster storm, whose secondary school is myth and has some life spells. The earthquake really comes in handy as does the minotaur move to bust shields and take major damage with boosts. My wizard is in the top 100 in pvp, just in case you were wondering.