Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wait for me!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2009
I really get tired of people who join 4 person parties and then fly through the level. If you people would wait for everyone else, maybe people would have a more enjoyable experience. If you want to fly through the level then do it yourself. Sorry about the rant, I just got left behind at the end of Krockatopia, and now I'm stuck on the level and I can't go any farther.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
plucas wrote:
I really get tired of people who join 4 person parties and then fly through the level. If you people would wait for everyone else, maybe people would have a more enjoyable experience. If you want to fly through the level then do it yourself. Sorry about the rant, I just got left behind at the end of Krockatopia, and now I'm stuck on the level and I can't go any farther.

lol i know what you mean. i have deleated friends for such rude behavior, yes you know who you are, so i will not name names. remember to keep the friends who respect you and not to do the lvl or instances with those who just want to power lvl

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Its usually better when the other 3 people are your friends that way if you die or get lost you just teleport to them. Usually :?

Survivor
Jul 22, 2008
LOL. Reminds me of myself. I flew right through worlds leaving my friends behind. 2 of them deleted me but 1 of them kept faith with me when i promised them all that i would help them catch. I kept my promise and helped him catch up to me. We finished the Great Spyre together.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Whenever people ask me for help in an area, I stop running every so often, and turn around, and see if they are still with me. Often, even, they know where they are going.

So, most times, I will position myself behind the person I'm helping, and let them lead, maybe three to seven paces.

It's not so hard for a party to stay together ...

Delver
Feb 15, 2009
plucas wrote:

dude. your non-friends wont go with you but friends will go with you.

once all my non-friends went with me and they were all sepreated.

also i have two friends and a non-friend and no one accepted his friend request.

so he joined us and then he was sepreated.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
A couple indications that the party you're with is the party you should not be with.

1. You are following the other memebers and no one turns to see if you are still there. They may think that you now where you're going, but they should still check to see if you got caught up in a battle.

2. Bells and chimes start going off and question marks appear on the right side of your screen with messages that say you have completed a task and you are no where near where you are supposed to be for that task to be complete.

3. They see that you have gotten caught up in battle and the only assistance they offer are these words, "HURRY UP" or "FLEE and PORT". If they really wanted to help or be helped, they would help.

4. After every two or three turns your team mate ask if you can heal them. Helping to keep someone alive and in battle is all good, but if you have to do it to the point where you can't attack the enemy, you're probably going to be starting over.

5. You spend your first four turns of a battle buffing up and trapping an enemy just so your team mate can waste it all with a weak wand attack.

6. Your team mate says "BRB" or "Wait" every 2 minutes. Patience is a virtue, but time is a precious and limited commodity. A quest that takes 30 minutes should not last 3 hours. Unless you like standing around watching your cape flap in the breeze.

7. You have just started your 5th attempt at beating the same boss. This could be no ones fault. Might just be the wrong mix of schools for that perticular boss and minions.

8. um...I'm out of ideas for 8, 9, and 10 so feel free to fill in the blanks :P

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
How about when you offer to help someone out with a particular area, and they keep bolting on you, even during the last inadvertent fight before the Boss, and it wasn't even your quest but theirs, and you ended up wasting your time on three separate occasions, just being nice? :x

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Never try to do anything with menu chat people, they are so unreliable. Thankfully when I did Vault of Ice I was a high enough level the menu chat guy disappearing didn't hurt me too much.

Don't have friends that are two or more worlds below you. Their sense of awe gets in the way of their judgment, so they end up porting to you at an inconvenient time. Funny story, I continually told my friend not to port to me because I was doing katzensteins' lab, and he actually listened to me, but then he ported to my friend and promptly went afk. This was of course during a battle, so me and my friend were having some problems with him.

Be sure to ask everyone if they have enough time to do the dungeon. It annoys me to no end the kids who halfway through the dungeon say "oops, gotta go, sorry." On the flip side, don't start an hour and a half dungeon if you only have 15 minutes to play. Bringing friends along does not shorten the time that much.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Never try to do anything with menu chat people, they are so unreliable. Thankfully when I did Vault of Ice I was a high enough level the menu chat guy disappearing didn't hurt me too much.

Don't have friends that are two or more worlds below you. Their sense of awe gets in the way of their judgment, so they end up porting to you at an inconvenient time. Funny story, I continually told my friend not to port to me because I was doing katzensteins' lab, and he actually listened to me, but then he ported to my friend and promptly went afk. This was of course during a battle, so me and my friend were having some problems with him.

Be sure to ask everyone if they have enough time to do the dungeon. It annoys me to no end the kids who halfway through the dungeon say "oops, gotta go, sorry." On the flip side, don't start an hour and a half dungeon if you only have 15 minutes to play. Bringing friends along does not shorten the time that much.

I got to do Katzensteins' lab. I tried it with two guys this after noon and both had to leave and I couldn't do it alone.