Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Vampire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
The vampire spell seems to ignore Tower Shield and the Life school's absorb shield, at least in PvP. No other spell I have seen does this. Is this as intended?

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Actually any spell that takes life like the Ghoul, Vampire and Wraith go past the spirit shield and the ice armor. The tower shield just cuts down on the damage that is given to you. These spells work as intended and are useful when you still want to whittle down someones hp that has the spirit armor on them.

Defender
Feb 07, 2009
The vampire spell seems to ignore Tower Shield and the Life school's absorb shield, at least in PvP. No other spell I have seen does this. Is this as intended?[/quote

All steal spells (ghoul vampire wraith and scarecrow) are supposed to ignore absorb shield but NOT tower shield. I suppose this is just a little bug.

Defender
May 15, 2009
Shields block/absorb damage; Ghoul, Vampire, etc. don't deal damage, they steal life directly.

You can see the difference on the card: death damage is represented by the skull and fist, life-stealing is represented by the broken heart.

Magic: the Gathering works the same way; "takes X damage" and "loses X life" are two different things.