Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So, what's up with friendship?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi all,

I just started playing the game a few days ago, and I'm loving it.

I have some questions though that I couldn't get answered through help or the FAQ.

1) What's the deal with everyone immediately asking you to add them to your friends list? Normally I won't do that unless I know someone. Is there something special to that which I have missed in the help?

2) What are those parties they seem to organise in the school's towers? Never bothered to go there, but they have a bit of the sense of a scam to them to me.

3) Is it really feasable, without buying crowns, to ever own a house or a castle? Or is that realistically out of reach if you don't buy crowns?

Having fun so far, and finally found an MMO that I can play with the kids without having to worry what they get to see. Was about time I found one also. Great work guys.

Kivech

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
1. People will just ask you to be their friend, even if you don't know them.
2.They are just people wanting to hang out its pretty impossible to scam on this game, unless some one says "I'll give you treasure cards if you tell me a (one use only and they know that)staff code"
3.Yes it is very easy to get a house,without crowns. I assume you are in Wizard city, the world drops there sell for like nothing. The other world's drops are SO much better. I myself own the most expensive house on the live realm, and I have lavishly decorated it yet have never used a crown on buying any of it.
Duncan Dragonsword
Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
It's going to be so much easier when the bazaar comes out. I made like 5,000 gold selling some of my krok drops at the bazaar in the test relm. I could've bought a house right then.

Also, a lot of kids like to add the high levels as friends, so they can ask for help later. I never accept random requests because they either will randomly port to you (usually while you're in a battle, and then they'll flee), or they ask for help with things that they shouldn't even be doing anyway.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys.

I must admit that the whole experience is rather new to me. I'm an old timer myself and have been playing MMOs for decades (since the first came out), but I have to admit, this game is really something different.

Can't wait for the bazaar. Seems like a good addon to the game.

Must say that I absolutely adore this game. Won't go with random invites either. Was just wondering since I just set up an account for my daughter to play together. I just need to read up a bit on the parental control stuff and she can play her character also.

Hope to see you guys in game!

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
One new feature that will come out at the same time as the bazaar is privacy settings: you can turn off people's ability to make friend requests, and/or their ability to port to you (YAY!! THANK YOU KI!!!).

I think a lot of kids don't know how to "make" friends (or they see other wizards as game pieces more than real people), so they go with the option they can readily see, which is "add" friends. If I have time, I suggest that they say hello first, then ask if they want help with something. If they can manage hello, please and thank you through a couple of battles, and they agree not to port to me without asking first, then I add them. For menu-only players, I look for the ability to have some kind of conversation about quests, plus using please and thank you appropriately.