Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dryad Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
In battles, sometimes I use my dryad from my defender pig, but when i look at my mana instead of being 1-7 mana, sometimes it goes to 13 and 14. I think it is like this because the computer thinks i am life and includes my power pips when i use mana for my dryad. Has anyone else had this problem?

Defender
May 06, 2009
Are you actually getting the health points along with that mana usage?

If that's what happening, that might explain why I have been running out of mana quickly of late. I'll have to pay attention.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
Dryad spell uses ALL your pips power and regular when it is casted

Power pips ,in this case, are counted as 2 pips so it should do a better job of healing the person you casted it on.

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
kobekopy86 wrote:
In battles, sometimes I use my dryad from my defender pig, but when i look at my mana instead of being 1-7 mana, sometimes it goes to 13 and 14. I think it is like this because the computer thinks i am life and includes my power pips when i use mana for my dryad. Has anyone else had this problem?
um no well i would be happy if that happened, so for now just kind of go with it maybe? i wish that happened to me

Defender
May 06, 2009
I just confirmed this! I had two normal pips and a power pip (I am myth, so the power pip shouldn't have mattered). I got a base of 600 points of health from the spell, but it used FOUR mana.

Defender
May 06, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

Power pips ,in this case, are counted as 2 pips so it should do a better job of healing the person you casted it on.

If you are a life wizard, yes. If you notice, the original poster and I are using dryad that comes with Defender Pig. And it only seems to take the mana of the power pips without giving you the benefit of them, unless you are life.

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
Any 'X' spell from outside your school will use power pips as two mana instead of one. It's been that way for a while now.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
ElFuego wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:

If you are a life wizard, yes. If you notice, the original poster and I are using dryad that comes with Defender Pig. And it only seems to take the mana of the power pips without giving you the benefit of them, unless you are life.

Dont matter what school you are if you have the gold card. The only change would be if your short sword had extra boost power, but that's not what he was asking about now was it?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I did not get the call from the Life Professor to learn Dryad even though I am a level 38 wizard.

I should state that if going to Sunken City is a pre-requisite for this spell, as I've heard state, then something in THE GAME should tell me that. I should not need to use a website to find out. All information needed to navigate the game should be in the game itself. Of course, I could be mistaken about this info.

There may be hidden treasures, such as Zeke's item, but in that case he says "They're hidden, go look for them". I'm not saying things should be obvious. I'm just saying there shouldn't be web only information.