Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why do I fizzle so much?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
Hello there everyone, I'm a new wizard to the game and have achieved level 14 so far. I am a pyromancer and I'm wondering why I fizzle so much. It doesnt seem to matter where I aim at my foe and Im just wondering if im doing something wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Defender
Aug 19, 2008
Rbyers78 wrote:
Hello there everyone, I'm a new wizard to the game and have achieved level 14 so far. I am a pyromancer and I'm wondering why I fizzle so much. It doesnt seem to matter where I aim at my foe and Im just wondering if im doing something wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Its just part of the game. Different schools and different spells have different fizzle rates. Check your cards. There are cards you can buy in the library to help decrease your fizzle rate; you can use them with your spells to make treasure cards that are more likely to hit.

LOL you will learn to keep some pixies in your treasure cards for when the fizzles just seem worse.

Good luck and happy traveling!

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
The spells you play have a "hit accuracy" on the left hand side. If you are using a lot of high damage spells you'll also notice that they have lower accuracy. So you may fizzle more. Also, if you are a storm wizard, those spells are generally lower in accuracy than any other school. So you have to change your strategy some when building your deck.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
As a level 31 pyromancer myself I also noticed this at your level. Fire students have the second lowest accuracy(75%) next to storm(70%). You can fix this easily by getting almost any other spell. Death has a lot of power and a high accuracy. Life is very high accuracy. Balance, ice and myth also have okay accuracy. As long as you don't fill up your deck with storm and fire you should be able to do okay. I myself chose death because of its power, but your a fairly new player so you can switch to almost any type. Good luck! :D

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
thanks for the answers everyone. I'll try out getting some cards in the library.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Hello, my name is Nicole Darkheart, I am level 33 necromancer. At the beggining of the game the fizzle thing confused me, I just found out about how you really do fizzle. At one time I thought you fizzled because you didn't have enough pips...

Survivor
Sep 09, 2009
Daisykart1 wrote:
As a level 31 pyromancer myself I also noticed this at your level. Fire students have the second lowest accuracy(75%) next to storm(70%). You can fix this easily by getting almost any other spell. Death has a lot of power and a high accuracy. Life is very high accuracy. Balance, ice and myth also have okay accuracy. As long as you don't fill up your deck with storm and fire you should be able to do okay. I myself chose death because of its power, but your a fairly new player so you can switch to almost any type. Good luck! :D

Um dude what if your a storm wizard like oh idk ME!

Explorer
Aug 09, 2009
with my storm grand wizard I started out with my second school being death as it still did damage and you could get some energy back in return which is important because of storm wizards low energy. I took that up to the feint spell and then switched over to life as by then you would have purchased or found armor that helps with accuracy for your strong storm spells. So now you not only have healing and strong attack spells you also have feint on on top of storm to really do some damage. Hope this helps.

Luis DragonHeart - Grand Storm Wizard
Luis BraveHeart - Grand Balance Wizard
Elijah LifeHeart - Grand Life Wizard
Kane Deathblood - Level 21 Fire Wizard (Currently working on)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
When I first ran through Krokotopia with my Pyro, I thought the world was broken since I was fizzling so much. I started playing expecting to fizzle.

I realize now that Krokotopia was where I started using my Firecat and Meteor spells more than I was using my wand. You can kill almost anything in Wizard City with just your wand and its 100% accuracy, but that doesn't cut it in Krok.

Eventually I started wearing gear that increased my accuracy. Currently I'm adding 10% to the standard 75% for Fire spells. Much nicer!

Every once in a while though, when I fizzle three Heliphants in a row, I'll exclaim "What? Am I back in Krokotopia?"

Adam Ashfriend - Grandmaster Pyromaniac

Survivor
Sep 14, 2009
Rbyers78 wrote:

The (STORM SCHOOL) is the school that Fizzles the most,
Diviners have a trouble with accuracy but they have the strongest spells!

Survivor
Jul 06, 2008
I think there is a unusually high fizzle rate atm anyway. My gear has + I beleive 16 accuracy (on just one piece, I believe i need to go look it over). So unless the numbers are averaged and added, there is something wrong. With my Myth on 80% cards I have fizzled 4-5 times with the acc boosters. (last night)